Feherty: Soldiers Would Shoot Pelosi

http://briefingroom.thehill.com/2009/05/08/cbs-announcer-any-us-soldier-would-shoot-pelosi-strangle-reid/

“From my own experience visiting the troops in the Middle East, I can tell you this, though: despite how the conflict has been portrayed by our glorious media, if you gave any U.S. soldier a gun with two bullets in it, and he found himself in an elevator with Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid, and Osama bin Laden, there’s a good chance that Nancy Pelosi would get shot twice, and Harry Reid and bin Laden would be strangled to death,” Feherty wrote in an a D Magazine piece welcoming former President George W. Bush back to Dallas.

I love this guy. I hope he doesn’t give in to the demands for an apology. Knowing him, he probably won’t.

Disgusting.

i would say it depends on the bullets. Whith an AP .308, you could probalby have OBL and HR make a Pelosi sandwitch and get through all three with both shots.

Eric Burns doesn’t know shit. No American servicemen have ever sworn to “sacrifice their lives” for “democracy.”

American servicemen swear to defend the Constitution from all foreign and domestic enemies.

Sounds like Mr. Feherty was simply suggesting that our servicemen would, if given the opportunity, do their sworn duty.

From: http://www.ailf.org/awards/benefit2001/ahp_0102_dfeherty.htm

“Feherty was born in Bangor, Northern Ireland and originally wanted to be an opera singer. At age seventeen he decided to become a golfer and ever since has dedicated his life to that pursuit. He now lives in Texas with his wife and children.”

Ferherty is just another duchebag, who has no military service, discussing things he knows nothing about. A soldier or Marine would salute the Honorable Ms Pelosi and leave the area as soon as possible to avoid the senior officer strap hangers and jackass congressional staffers.

We don’t shoot congressmen, and making statements like that further reduces the public view of Marines and Soldiers as professionals doing a job. I enjoy being painted as a psychopathic killer as much as the next guy, but after a while people begin to believe that shit.

Guys like this who make comments based on the fact they have been to Iraq a few times and visited the troops are real idiots. Shut your piehole and go back to playing golf Mr Feherty.
Oh yeah, golf is for pussies.

[quote]BH6 wrote:
From: http://www.ailf.org/awards/benefit2001/ahp_0102_dfeherty.htm

“Feherty was born in Bangor, Northern Ireland and originally wanted to be an opera singer. At age seventeen he decided to become a golfer and ever since has dedicated his life to that pursuit. He now lives in Texas with his wife and children.”

Ferherty is just another duchebag, who has no military service, discussing things he knows nothing about. A soldier or Marine would salute the Honorable Ms Pelosi and leave the area as soon as possible to avoid the senior officer strap hangers and jackass congressional staffers.

We don’t shoot congressmen, and making statements like that further reduces the public view of Marines and Soldiers as professionals doing a job.
[/quote]
I disagree. I would think very highly a marine that shot NP. How else do we take our country back? Educate the masses? (chuckles to himself)

i doubt he meant it literally, although it does make one think. Don’t you think this was mearly a way of illustrating what some of our most dedicated Americans think of the currrent ruling class? I guess he could have said they would probably mumble desparaging commnents under their breath, but that wouldn’t have had quite the same literary effect.

I’ve got no love for Reid or Pelosi. NONE. But I wouldn’t shoot them. If I were in the above mentioned situation I think I would butt stroke OBL so I could get the reward money!!!

[quote]Varqanir wrote:
“Mr. Feherty’s violent comments about Speaker Pelosi and Majority Leader Reid are disgusting,” said Media Matters President Eric Burns. “Suggesting that our troops would attack the leaders of the very democracy they’ve sworn to sacrifice their lives for is an insult to their integrity, honor, and professionalism.”

Eric Burns doesn’t know shit. No American servicemen have ever sworn to “sacrifice their lives” for “democracy.”

American servicemen swear to defend the Constitution from all foreign and domestic enemies.

Sounds like Mr. Feherty was simply suggesting that our servicemen would, if given the opportunity, do their sworn duty.[/quote]

I was thinking about this very thing a day or two ago. Now there is no question these people are violating our Constitution on a regular basis. Unfortunately it is done is a way that covers their ass just well enough when you have a supreme court that is mostly seated by people who are political appointees rather than seated due to a high regard and level of Constitutional scholarship. Consider that the odds of Souter’s replacement deciding against blatant Obama constitutional violations are unlikely. Couple this with the Supreme court unlawfully wresting the ultimate decision on what is Constitutional in Marbury v. Madison and you’ve got a recipe for future disaster.

This brings me back to my original thought. The system as it is protects our leaders who violate the Constitution. But let us propose that Obama pulls something like Andrew Jackson and makes an unconstitutional edict, has it decided so by the Supreme Court, then says, “I know it’s unconstitutional but I’d like to see you stop me.”

In which case, if a serviceman were to assasinate the president, legally, would he get away with it?

CYA: I’m again, not advocating such a thing. Frankly, I hope Obama succeeds; as I see it, it may well be the only way we wake up in time to turn this thing around peacefully.

mike

This thread is disgusting.

An apology on behalf of skaz05:
http://www.bostonherald.com/jobfind/news/media/view/2009_05_10_CBS_golf_analyst_Feherty_apologizes_to_Pelosi__Reid_for_joke_in_magazine_article/srvc=home&position=also

I think this is an old joke with different characters each time.

BTW, the bounty on Bin Laden is dead or alive I’m sure, so fire away.

So someone finally admits soldiers are murderers.

Thanks, Tedro.

[quote]dhickey wrote:
How else do we take our country back?
[/quote]

You cannot take something that does not really exist.

[quote]tom63 wrote:
I think this is an old joke with different characters each time.

[/quote]

True enough. How many people joked (and still joke) that Dick Cheney ought to be tarred, feathered, and hanged, with nary a peep from the press?

Oh, and dHickey… no armor-piercing ammunition would be needed. Regular 7.62 M80 ball fired at point-blank range will easily punch through three bodies, with enough energy to inflict lethal damage on all three. And you could save the other cartridge for later.

Why is he being blasted when Wanda is not? Really stupid double standards.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/2009/05/11/2009-05-11_a_red_herring_called_wanda.html

What do you guys think?

[quote]jre67t wrote:
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/2009/05/11/2009-05-11_a_red_herring_called_wanda.html

What do you guys think?[/quote]

I think, as private citizens, we have the right to criticize our politicians as we please, short of physically threatening them. Feherty was clearly making a joke, off of a spin of a classic joke, to show the disgust soldiers have for these people.

Wanda Sykes, on the other hand, has chosen to insult another private citizen, going so far as wishing his kidney’s fail. I’ll give her the benefit of the doubt that these are meant as jokes, but I’m really not sure. It is not as clear as Feherty’s, being that he simply retold a classic.

Actually, I take that back. This doesn’t read as a joke at all. Limbaugh is absolutely serious when he says he wants Obama (not the country, get your quotes straight, Ms. Sykes) to fail.

Furthermore, the most disgusting thing about Sykes’ jokes was Obama’s gleeful laughter and perceived approval. It says a lot about the man sitting on the throne when he laughs at the ridicule and wishes of misfortune of a private citizen.

[quote]Varqanir wrote:
How many people joked (and still joke) that Dick Cheney ought to be tarred, feathered, and hanged, with nary a peep from the press?

[/quote]

Disgusting.

[quote]tedro wrote:
jre67t wrote:

What do you guys think?

I think, as private citizens, we have the right to criticize our politicians as we please, short of physically threatening them. Feherty was clearly making a joke, off of a spin of a classic joke, to show the disgust soldiers have for these people.
[/quote]

Regardless if Feherty was using a spin on a classic joke,it was still bad taste. Besides,what makes him think that the majority of disgust soldiers have is directed at Pelosi and Reid?? I call bullshit on that. There was nothing tasteful about alluding to violence against our politicians…regardless if you dislike there political views,affiliations,etc.

I think as private citizens,we have a right to criticize the critical. Limbaugh is step beyond being a “private citizen” per say…admit it or not,he’s in the political limelight. He’s open to same criticisms. But,Syke’s joke was bad taste as well. I didn’t find it funny…just as I really don’t find Sykes funny to begin with. I am surprised there hasn’t been any apologies.

AND as if it hasn’t been discussed enough: Its one thing to wish that a Presidential candidate fails at becoming president…but to say you wish an actual elected U.S. President to fail is fucking stupid. Fail at whose expense?? Exactly. You’d have to be a moron to believe that Obama can fail as president without it having a detrimental effect on our country. This is not Saddam and Iraq. Its not like we would be “liberated” if Obama fails. Besides,our country has been “failing” before Obama was even taken serious as a presidential candidate.

You can’t condemn double standards by falling into them yourself by trying to justify which “joke” was more “harmful” or actually funny. Just saying.

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:
but to say you wish an actual elected U.S. President to fail is fucking stupid. Fail at whose expense?? Exactly. You’d have to be a moron to believe that Obama can fail as president without it having a detrimental effect on our country. [/quote]

Many of us believe that if his policies of equalization of income, massive, unheard of spending and his constant threats to the constitution via his policies makes for a DETRIMENT to our counrty at the end of the day. In other words, his policy failures will untimately HELP stop the track he has put us on now, therefore, a good thing.