Feet Up While Benching is Ideal?

I don’t think so!

To those who say benching with your feet up is ideal, I have to disagree.

[quote]2020Wellness wrote:
I don’t think so!

Is that you on your avatar? if yes then whatever you say man…if not, then who cares. Some people feel their chest working more while their feet are up on the bench and other don’t. As long as you bench press then you’re doing it right.

[quote]ronaldo7 wrote:
As long as you bench press then you’re doing it right.[/quote]

What?

Putting feet up creates an unnatural curve in the spine. It is not better.

in b4 lulz

I AM ONE HUNDRED PERCENT SURE WE HAVE DISCUSSED THIS BEFORE.

[quote]ronaldo7 wrote:

I don’t think so!

Is that you on your avatar? if yes then whatever you say man…if not, then who cares. Some people feel their chest working more while their feet are up on the bench and other don’t. As long as you bench press then you’re doing it right.[/quote]

Yes, that is me in my avatar. Actually, the picture was taken in the same garage, and I think I even have the same shirt on as in my video above. IMO, whether your feet are up or down should play no role in the degree of chest involvement. The bottom line is that feet down leads to a more stable press, which is superior to a less stable press.

[quote]Hallowed wrote:
I AM ONE HUNDRED PERCENT SURE WE HAVE DISCUSSED THIS BEFORE.[/quote]

god i want your cock so bad

[quote]ronaldo7 wrote:
As long as you bench press then you’re doing it right.[/quote]

but this fatass benches with his feet up.

[quote]HolyMacaroni wrote:

[quote]Hallowed wrote:
I AM ONE HUNDRED PERCENT SURE WE HAVE DISCUSSED THIS BEFORE.[/quote]

god i want your cock so bad[/quote]

Allegedly.

[quote]maraudermeat wrote:

Gotta ask; what’s your point?

[/quote]

No no, what is YOUR point.

[quote]Meeko wrote:

[/quote]

No no, what is YOUR point. [/quote]

That benching with your feet up lessens the stability of the bench press and does not increase the amount of pec stimulation.

Arnold did it in Pumping Iron.

Just look where he ended up… in the hospital with Stallone!

lol

[quote]Meeko wrote:

[/quote]

That benching with your feet up is pointless.[/quote]

Come on man, pointless? That’s a little extreme, don’t you think?

It may not be the variation of benching that is going to be utilized the most frequently, or the one that is going to allow you to maximize the amount of weight that you can lift, or the one that is going to best stimulate the pecs, but it’s not pointless.

Putting your feet on the ground allows you to drive through them to help generate more force into the bar, it also increases your stability. But perhaps sometimes people want to remove that aspect of the exercise to challenge their stability and upper body involvement to a greater degree. They probably won’t be breaking any PR’s (well, that is if they’re comparing it to a feet on floor bench), but they may still be getting something beneficial out of it.

I hardly think that, if it was pointless, someone like Meat would be wasting his time doing it.

[quote]maraudermeat wrote:

/thread

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
Arnold did it in Pumping Iron.

Just look where he ended up… in the hospital with Stallone!

lol[/quote]

lololol

[quote]Sentoguy wrote:

[quote]Meeko wrote:

[/quote]

That benching with your feet up is pointless.[/quote]

Come on man, pointless? That’s a little extreme, don’t you think?

It may not be the variation of benching that is going to be utilized the most frequently, or the one that is going to allow you to maximize the amount of weight that you can lift, or the one that is going to best stimulate the pecs, but it’s not pointless.

Putting your feet on the ground allows you to drive through them to help generate more force into the bar, it also increases your stability. But perhaps sometimes people want to remove that aspect of the exercise to challenge their stability and upper body involvement to a greater degree. They probably won’t be breaking any PR’s (well, that is if they’re comparing it to a feet on floor bench), but they may still be getting something beneficial out of it.

I hardly think that, if it was pointless, someone like Meat would be wasting his time doing it.[/quote]

Yes, I do think it was a little extreme, which is why I actually edited it. You quoted me before my editing though. So yes, pointless was the wrong word, I admit.

Those three points you made do make it sound pretty pointless though, haha. Now that you mention it :slight_smile:

One main topic that I’m trying to discuss is whether or not the feet up position changes the degree of focus on the chest. Any thoughts on that? Personally, even with the feet up, from the waist up the body isn’t really going to do anything different. The back can still be arched, the shoulder blades can still be retracted, etc. What are your thoughts on the position of the feet changing the actual chest focus?

2020 is kinda like Akuma circa 2010. He’s Akuma2.0

I say ‘2.0’ not because I think his stuff is better but because he has videos… and I can’t masturbate to text for shit.

I believe, for bodybuilinding purposes, feet on the bench is the way to go. If the number is the only thing that matters then keep them on the floor for leg drive.

I do both in the same session. I lead up to power style with the bb style. And, yes, the exercise turns from pure chest pump to a full body effort.

Both have their place.