So, what ARE your goals. What are you trying to accomplish in the weight room?
Nice. Seriously, though I here’s a sample chest day for me.
Bench from pins to warm up 3 sets of 3
Flat BB Bench Press 4 set of 8
Incline or Decline Press 4 set of 8
Floor Flye 2 to 3 sets
Overhead Dumbell extensions 4 set of 8
Skull crushers 4 set of 8
Tricep pressdowns 2 sets of 10
That’s how my workouts go. I shoot for about 3 exercises for each muscle group.
actually, that’s 6 exercises for triceps. If I wuz to recommendize, i would say
- don’t do partial reps as a warm up. warm up with flatBB Bench with lighter reps concentrating on form, or use flies to warm up.
- bench from pins (lots heavier than your bench, with a close grip) as a triceps excercise.
- you might only want to use incline or decline on days where you dont do flat, unless you are really trying to hit your chest. also, I don’t like decline cuz it hurts my shoulders, so I wouldn’t use it at all.
- on days you want to maximize triceps, do flat, then either incline or pin presses WITH NARROW GRIP, then skull crushers then pressdowns, finish off with flies.
- on days you want to maximize pecs, do flies first but 4 sets, then flat bench, then incline bench (both bench with normal grip instead of close), then skull crushers and finish with overhead db extensions or pressdowns.
- on sets and reps, play around with it. pick a workout to do 8 sets of 4 with a bigger load instead of 4 sets of 8. this type of change alone could help you past your plateau.
my recommendifications would be different if you said your goal was brute strength.
Keep us posted so we know what you try, and how you do
edit: ps, love the He-Man avatar!