Feeling Weak on Anabolic Diet

Hey guys,

I must be doing smth wrong on this diet. Im day 24 or smth and i feel very exhausted.

Im 179cm, 79 kg, around 9%bf and i want to cut a little bit b4 bulking (coz dr D’s theory is that u cruise between 6-10%bf all around the year).

So im in cutting phase now. Dr D says maintenance is 18x bw which in my case is 3100cal. Im having 2500 cal a day (including 300cal from broccoli, cabbage and green beans) and arounf 4200 cals on saturday (carb up). Am i doing smth wrong coz yesterday i totally crashed and had the worst session ever?

Generaly my lifts (except for yesterday) didnt suffer, but ive been feeling generally weak and hungry all the time.

And if the answer is ‘eat more’ how the hell am i supposed to cut?

P.s. Do you think i need to continue cutting? See my pics at Please Estimate My BF - Rate My Physique Photos - Forums - T Nation

Is there any way you can learn to confine all of your posts to one thread. This isn’t the “Podgorica10 is trying the Anabolic Diet” forum.

[quote]MickyGee wrote:
Is there any way you can learn to confine all of your posts to one thread. This isn’t the “Podgorica10 is trying the Anabolic Diet” forum.[/quote]

Yeah you are right, i realise that. Its just that i dont get repplies on my posts:(

Well, if your lifts aren’t suffering… I would just champion through it… see how long you can handle it but don’t beat yourself down into the ground if your lifts start to drop, you start feeling run-down all the time, etc.

What other diets have you tried? Perhaps your body might operate better on lower fats and higher carbs on a regular basis, and you could try a carb cycling solution?

Edit: Personally, I wouldn’t count fibrous carbs either… My personal opinion is that you are very low at roughly 2,200kcal a day… you might not have to go down that low to cut… if you have ever heard of reverse dieting, it is possible to lean out and eat more at the same time so I wouldn’t be so dogmatic in your approach…

You look pretty lean allready… Just follow the plan AD is very simple… Stay in the maintenece phase for a awhile once you feel comfortable then try cutting or bulking… You need to learn how to live with it as a lifestyle before you play with it. Fatty meats, leafy vegies, eggs, zero carb protien shakes & tons of water will do the trick 90% of the time. Also try not to be a douche on carb days eat clean most of the time on carb days also on those days you can bump cals 500-1000 and be ok.

I just saw this after posting in your other thread, lol.

Keep calories high and don’t overdo it! It will take a couple of weeks for your body to get used to using fat as fuel. You’ll likely feel a bit weak and lethargic some days on it, but it’s very temporary and very worth sticking it out and reaping the benefits a few weeks later.

[quote]MickyGee wrote:
Well, if your lifts aren’t suffering… I would just champion through it… see how long you can handle it but don’t beat yourself down into the ground if your lifts start to drop, you start feeling run-down all the time, etc.

What other diets have you tried? Perhaps your body might operate better on lower fats and higher carbs on a regular basis, and you could try a carb cycling solution?

Edit: Personally, I wouldn’t count fibrous carbs either… My personal opinion is that you are very low at roughly 2,200kcal a day… you might not have to go down that low to cut… if you have ever heard of reverse dieting, it is possible to lean out and eat more at the same time so I wouldn’t be so dogmatic in your approach…[/quote]

Hm, u intriqued me with reverse dieting, what are the basics of it? I’ll google it later anyway.

Well i trued Poliquin high fat high prot diet and for me it works much better than high carb diets.

My lifts were suffering yesterday, so i’ll go back to maintanence tomorrow. I’ll just increase my cals to 3100 or so. Thats almost 700 cals increase, do u think its not gonna cause me gain fat?

I don’t think one bad day is that very indicative of anything. Also, I’ve never tried the Anabolic diet, or any other diets, so I can’t speak for their success. I will say that you can try smaller jumps in adjusting your calories. Maybe start with a more traditional diet and adjust your calories based on your goals (while experimenting with macros)?

I only suggest this, seeing as you seem to be having a difficult time adjusting to the Anabolic diet, and I’m not sure why somebody would want to…

[quote]Podgorica10 wrote:

[quote]MickyGee wrote:

Edit: Personally, I wouldn’t count fibrous carbs either… My personal opinion is that you are very low at roughly 2,200kcal a day… you might not have to go down that low to cut… if you have ever heard of reverse dieting, it is possible to lean out and eat more at the same time so I wouldn’t be so dogmatic in your approach…[/quote]

Hm, u intriqued me with reverse dieting, what are the basics of it? I’ll google it later anyway.

Well i trued Poliquin high fat high prot diet and for me it works much better than high carb diets.

My lifts were suffering yesterday, so i’ll go back to maintanence tomorrow. I’ll just increase my cals to 3100 or so. Thats almost 700 cals increase, do u think its not gonna cause me gain fat?
[/quote]

[quote]MickyGee wrote:
I don’t think one bad day is that very indicative of anything. Also, I’ve never tried the Anabolic diet, or any other diets, so I can’t speak for their success. I will say that you can try smaller jumps in adjusting your calories. Maybe start with a more traditional diet and adjust your calories based on your goals (while experimenting with macros)?

I only suggest this, seeing as you seem to be having a difficult time adjusting to the Anabolic diet, and I’m not sure why somebody would want to…

[quote]MickyGee wrote:

[/quote]
[/quote]

A lot of ppl online had more than great results with AD, both in terms of fat loss and muscle gain, so i’ll stick to eat and c how i go. I have a good feeling about the whole this diet:).

The last couple of days i have been eating around maintenance level, that is 3100 cals (if thats my maintenance at all lol) and my strength is back where it was before and i feel much better. I will keep doing so coz apperently ppl that are starting this diet get leaner and more muscular on the initial maintenance phase.

I didn’t count calories from vegies when I did it.

There’s 300 more calories for you, PLUS you get to eat more of them for FREE too

[quote]sexyxe wrote:

There’s 300 more calories for you, PLUS you get to eat more of them for FREE too[/quote]

Yeah mate, but i honestly think all calories count;)

It’s probably because your body doesn’t give a shit about being big and its telling you to chill the fuck out with the food overload.

It’s also probably because you have an undiagnosed gluten allergy. And all those ‘carbs’ are laden with it, robbing your organs, especially your brain, of energy.

[quote]sexyxe wrote:

There’s 300 more calories for you, PLUS you get to eat more of them for FREE too[/quote]

Yeah mate, but i honestly think all calories count;)
[/quote]

Chances are your body is burning more calories digesting those veggies than they are actually worth. This is why its common practice to “pad” meals while dieting with green veggies. You can eat a lot of them to fill you up and dont have to worry about ruining your diet.

I did the AD and lost a shitload of muscle, wouldn’t recommend it

[quote]myself1992 wrote:
I did the AD and lost a shitload of muscle, wouldn’t recommend it[/quote]
Sounds crazy! What did u exactlly eat? How many calories? Nutrient ratois?
ReAlly sounds like u were doing smth wrong…

[quote]myself1992 wrote:
I did the AD and lost a shitload of muscle, wouldn’t recommend it[/quote]
Sounds crazy! What did u exactlly eat? How many calories? Nutrient ratois?
ReAlly sounds like u were doing smth wrong… [/quote]
It was a while ago but i did it for around four months and stopped when a guy i hadnt seen in a while asked me if i had stopped going to the gym cuz id shrunk lol. I did it perfectly, read the book and did what he said. I founf the t dawg diet to work much better