Feeling Tired on ECA

I’m 6 2 300lbs… just started an ECA stack a wk ago. I don’t normally drink any caffeinated products. Why is it that by the time it hits 3 or 4 pm I have hit the wall and wanting to nap. Can someone tell me what may be causing this?
I’m taking 20mg of ephedrine and 200mg of caffeine.

Well, when are you taking it? If you take it at 8am and don’t re-dose, then ya you are going to be tired at 3 or 4pm.

if you don’t redose, you’ll hit a friggin wall. what worked for me was 16mg E/ 200mg C dosed 6 hours apart from each other. I’ve heard up to 24mg/200mg 3 times a day but I have yet to try that.

Just to echo what’s already been said, if you’re only taking one hit of E/C then once the initial effects wear off you crash.

It’s like a sine wave-when you take your first dose your energy levels and metabolic functions go way up, but then when they come down they come down to a level that was below where you started. Hence the wiped feeling at about 3pm you describe and the need for another dose to get you going again.

Are you taking it for general fatloss or as a pre workout boost?

spread your doses equally throughout the day. judge when the effects begin to wear off then re-dose. 3x a day

[quote]Winger11 wrote:
Just to echo what’s already been said, if you’re only taking one hit of E/C then once the initial effects wear off you crash.

It’s like a sine wave-when you take your first dose your energy levels and metabolic functions go way up, but then when they come down they come down to a level that was below where you started. Hence the wiped feeling at about 3pm you describe and the need for another dose to get you going again.

Are you taking it for general fatloss or as a pre workout boost?[/quote]

I’m taking it for both.

[quote]All2ez wrote:
spread your doses equally throughout the day. judge when the effects begin to wear off then re-dose. 3x a day[/quote]

Thank you

This “hit the wall” feeling is pretty much unavoidable after a while, whether you’re redosing or not. It’s compounded when you stop taking it completely (which you eventually will?). Too many people don’t realize how much of an effect ECA has on the adrenal glands.

If you’re going to use it, don’t take it every single day. Try a 2-on, 1-off protocol or 5-on, 2-off. When the stim effect starts to wear off, you can take 500-1000 mg. of tyrosine with it for an extra kick.

I would also highly recommend that when you go off it, a) don’t go cold turkey, and b) take some supps to restore adrenal function like ashwaghanda, rhodiola, licorice, siberian ginseng etc etc.

logicborn,

FYI the ephedrine half-life is 3-6 hours, and caffeine half-life is 3-4 hours, therefore you’d want to take your doses accordingly.