Feeling Results, But Not Seeing Them

Im 18 years old and I’ve been working out for about 9 months or so. Since this is the beginning of my workout lifestyle, I’ve been steadily adding weight at a relatively face pace. Compared to when I started, I have pretty much more than doubled the weight in all my lifts.

I saw results just in the way my body looked from the first 2, 3 months of working out. And I’ve gain around 15 pounds in the first 2 months. Ever since then, I have not gained weight or seen physical results. But I still have been adding weight onto my lifts constantly.

Is there any reason I can feel the results but not see them?

first of all, what is ur target…when do you want to go with ur training…

also, post diet
how many meals, macronutrients, supps?

and training program

you train for 9 months.have you been using the same exercises?

this way it will b easier for poeple to give an educated opinion.

generally, the more older u become in this game the harder it becomes to see additional gains, however i do not think this is you yet:')

Well my target is to get to 170 pounds with at most 10% body fat which I think I am around right now at 150 pounds.

Ive been eating 3 meals a day but I havent done any specific dieting except trying to eat more lean meats and carbs. But this has always been a diet ever since I started.

I used to do a different training program that I sort of compiled myself and I stopped it when the results were slowing down. But now the Training program I use is Westside for skinny bastards from this website.

Monday - Upperbody max
Bench max weight x max reps x 3
Incline DB press 3 x 10
Rows 4 x 10
Leaning over dumbell flyes 3 x12

Wednesday - Lower Body
Deadlifts max weight x max reps x 3
weighted step up 4 x 10
hamstring curls 4 x 8
standing calf 3 x 10

Friday - Upper body rep
Bench - Low weight x max reps x 3
Skull Crushers 3 x 10
Lat pull downs 4 x 10
Seated Military Press 3 x 12
Seated preacher curls 3 x 12

This workout has been really good in terms of being able to add weight but I still cant seem to see the results.

I’m no expert, but I found that I had the same despair with my weight loss, until I compared before and after shots.

If you haven’t been taking status pictures, IMO you should start. It’s hard to see gains without having a base to compare visually.

It wasn’t until I put em side by side that I realized just how far I had progressed.

If you’re not gaining weight, eat more food. More meals/day, lots of protein in each meal, etc.

[quote]pmo123 wrote:
Well my target is to get to 170 pounds with at most 10% body fat which I think I am around right now at 150 pounds.

Ive been eating 3 meals a day but I havent done any specific dieting except trying to eat more lean meats and carbs. But this has always been a diet ever since I started.

I used to do a different training program that I sort of compiled myself and I stopped it when the results were slowing down. But now the Training program I use is Westside for skinny bastards from this website.

Monday - Upperbody max
Bench max weight x max reps x 3
Incline DB press 3 x 10
Rows 4 x 10
Leaning over dumbell flyes 3 x12

Wednesday - Lower Body
Deadlifts max weight x max reps x 3
weighted step up 4 x 10
hamstring curls 4 x 8
standing calf 3 x 10

Friday - Upper body rep
Bench - Low weight x max reps x 3
Skull Crushers 3 x 10
Lat pull downs 4 x 10
Seated Military Press 3 x 12
Seated preacher curls 3 x 12

This workout has been really good in terms of being able to add weight but I still cant seem to see the results.
[/quote]

sorry about the lateness of the reply…
first of all, if u want to gain 20pounds, you need to eat like an animal my friend…iam talking eat like there is no tommorrow and then, eat some more…tip…one gallon of full fat milk per day…5-6 meals per day…lots of protein and good fats…up ur cals…eat smart…ultimately, u will have to gain some fat but then you caqn drop it when you reach ur target weight…
train wise…check out starting strength(Ripptoe’s) and better stick to a 5x5 routine with emphasis on the big lifts (that is after u finish ur current program)
best
g

Anything new on this?

[quote]Gmoore17 wrote:
If you’re not gaining weight, eat more food. More meals/day, lots of protein in each meal, etc. [/quote]

Gmoore is 100% correct, if you are not gaining weight you need to eat more food, up your protein. Strength increases can come from the nervous system acting more efficiently so it doesn’t mean that you will gain muscle. Strength increases with a surplus of calories will lead to an increase in muscle.