Feeling Like Falling When Sleeping

When i was in my teens I always dreamed I was swinging from a rope that was tied to the top of my high school gym.

also when i had trouble sleeping, the wall next to my bed seemed like it was 100 yards away.

Whenh in a deep sleep, one is totally unaware of ones surrondings (sense wise). You can’t “feel” the blanket or the bed or the sheets or the pillow. When you wake up suddenly (like due to a dream about falling aroung your natural “get the fuck up” time) you feel like you just “fell” into bed because you start “feeling” everything a split second after your ming wakes up.

Just learned that at SUNY Stonybrook from a sleep expert. Woo.

I usually have the sensation that I’m falling right as I’m going to sleep. I’ll be lying on the bed, nice and comfy, and suddenly feel like I’m freefalling. Then I do the full-body jerk, or grabbing for the edge of the bed when I wake up.

If I could learn to control it better, maybe I’d have a cool out of body experience.

[quote]moonjumper wrote:
DONT HIT THE GROUND!!! psychologists say that if you hit the ground in your dream, that you will actually die in reality…pretty spooky.

[quote]

Oh really… How often do you read an obituary about a healthy person who died from fall in a dream?