Feeling Bloated, Someone Help Me Out

Ive been creepin around this site for about 2 years now reading and learning what I can, and ive been working out on and off for 10 years. I feel i have picked up a good amount of things but I am not expert by any means.

Anyway, I always feel really bloated and no matter what I do, nothing seems to change it. I just figured i would post my basic eating habits and supplements and see if someone can point me to something i can add subtract to help out. I am currently trying to lean out and keep muscle… and im on a major budget which doesnt help. Btw i am 5-9, 190 lbs, roughly 12-15 percent body fat (i think).

This is pretty much my everyday. Wake up, eat (8 AM) a small bowl of oats with ground flaxseed, 1 splenda, cinnamon, a scoop of benefiber, and 8-10 unsalted almonds. For lunch at 11 AM i eat 2 small baked chicken breasts with a cup of steamed broccoli. Around 5 PM i eat another very similar meal, same amount of chicken but maybe on top a small salad with oil and vin and other veggies, no cheese. Other than that, i have a protein shake around 9 after the gym and another between lunch and dinner (2 ish). I know i should prob be eating a bit more but as i said, im broke and doin what i can.

As for supplements, i take the protein as said (60ish grams a day), 8 fish oil (cheap walmart stuff), 1 B vitamin, 2 daily vitamans, and 6-8 teaspoons of benefiber. Then before i hit the gym, i take USPlabs jacked pre-workout supplement, acetyl l-carnitine (1000mg), and alpha lipoic(300mg before and after workout).

And again, i know the brand of the supplements arent the best but its what i can afford at this time. I used to take almost purely Biotest and loved it. I am mostly looking for the cause of why i am always feeling bloated. and if anyone has any other suggestions that i could change within my budget to help cut weight/not feel bloated. Maybe even some sort of cleanse to get all the “shit” out of my body haha. Anyway, any help would be great. Thanks

btw, i walk an hour on break 2.5-3 miles, do an hour of elliptical (30 min before and after lifting), and lift for about an hour each day.

Possible food allergy? Too much sodium? Broccoli gives most people gas. Other veggies can too (looking at your salad). These are just wild guesses, and nothing seems obviously wrong with your diet, to me.

yeah broccoli def makes it worse when i eat a lot of it. Even when i dont eat it though i still feel bloated. My salad usually consists of spinach, carrots, red/green peppers, peas, white beans, and cucumbers.

Anything I could take or add to my diet that might help counteract whatever is causing it?

Your diet’s really simple, so it wouldn’t be hard to take turns eliminating something from it for a few days and see how you feel. I’d suspect the oats/flax or almods or broccoli too. If that doesn’t help, try ditching the workout supps for a few days (maybe do just caffeine). Oh, or maybe you’re eating a ton of sodium.

If your cardio is intense, I guess there’s a chance you’ve got some built up stress.

You have not mentioned your goals.

If you are trying to gain, feeling “bloated” is pretty much a normal part of bodybuilding unless you don’t plan to grow much.

Seems his goal is to cut.

i don’t sodium is the cause because pretty much everything i take in is low to no sodium. I have 2 cups coffee in the AM and all i drink is water with orange Benefiber powder. The cutting is going well though, losing about 1-2 per week. Ill have to try cutting out specific foods for a few days and see any I notice anything.

I really didn’t get into training to heavily until about a year and a half ago, i don’t remember feeling this this prior to that. Could the protein brand have anything to do with it you think? Currently taking Optimum Nutrition cookies and cream flavor. About to kill my 3rd 5 lb tub of it, should I switch?

[quote]PederLustzo wrote:

Seems his goal is to cut.[/quote]

Then clearly his goals are not very extreme at all.

People with solid goals know what they are trying to get to. They don’t just say, “I want to cut”. That gives no range. This guy doesn’t have much muscle at all so his intake is going to have to be extremely minimal to lose even more body weight. His diet is largely carbs with very minimal protein intake. I mean, this guy is basically only eating 4 SMALL chicken breast a day and one 60gr protein shake for all of his protein needs…which probably comes out to about 160gr or less if each chicken breast is at least 25gr of protein.

That is NOTHING. This dude is fucking starving himself yet feels bloated?

Maybe his body is rejecting his approach and wants some real food.

I just don’t get having Slimfat goals on a site like this. That makes it HARDER to see progress.

As usually you are right. I myself have noticed after abonding the shugarty-ways that eating more food I feel better and have a much better digestion. I do believe this hast to do with booth the increased calories/nutrients AND with the fact that putting more food into your systems stimultes the parasympatic system and therby digestion. (just comming out of phyisiology class ^^)

So bottomline: Eat more volume of food, eat more variety of food, listen to your body and proceed from thereon

[quote]Professor X wrote:

People with solid goals know what they are trying to get to. They don’t just say, “I want to cut”. That gives no range. This guy doesn’t have much muscle at all so his intake is going to have to be extremely minimal to lose even more body weight. His diet is largely carbs with very minimal protein intake. I mean, this guy is basically only eating 4 SMALL chicken breast a day and one 60gr protein shake for all of his protein needs…which probably comes out to about 160gr or less if each chicken breast is at least 25gr of protein.

I just don’t get having Slimfat goals on a site like this. That makes it HARDER to see progress.[/quote]

No need for getting all excited here, this is a basic idea of what i am doing meals/supps and excercise. As stated, I am trying to figure out why i feel bloated. I am not looking for your views of anything else. If i wanted that I would have gone into much more details.

I could be a higher on protein im sure and I’ve done the 1-1.5 grams of protein per lb and I did not see an amount of gain to be worth it in my financial situation at this time. I am losing the amount that I want in the time I want.

“Then clearly his goals are not very extreme at all.”, I never said i was extreme… I feel bloated, help with the question asked or keep your remarks to yourself, thanks

As usually you are right. I myself have noticed after abonding the shugarty-ways that eating more food I feel better and have a much better digestion. I do believe this hast to do with booth the increased calories/nutrients AND with the fact that putting more food into your systems stimultes the parasympatic system and therby digestion. (just comming out of phyisiology class ^^)

So bottomline: Eat more volume of food, eat more variety of food, listen to your body and proceed from thereon[/quote]

The above mentioned eating habits has only been about a month, the bloating feeling is nothing new. I used to eat every 2 hours with a variety of different types of food. Currently I can not. I thank you for an answer without smart remarks though

I bet it’s the oats. Nothing else really stands out as being allergenic besides those. If you’re sensitive to gluten, oats might be out for you.

[quote]grettiron wrote:
I bet it’s the oats. Nothing else really stands out as being allergenic besides those. If you’re sensitive to gluten, oats might be out for you. [/quote]

I never really thought of the oats as a possible cause. I have pretty much used them as a constant breakfast because it is very easy to make while at work. Thanks for the suggestion!

[quote]huviduc wrote:

I just don’t get having Slimfat goals on a site like this. That makes it HARDER to see progress.[/quote]

No need for getting all excited here, this is a basic idea of what i am doing meals/supps and excercise. As stated, I am trying to figure out why i feel bloated. I am not looking for your views of anything else. If i wanted that I would have gone into much more details.

I could be a higher on protein im sure and I’ve done the 1-1.5 grams of protein per lb and I did not see an amount of gain to be worth it in my financial situation at this time. I am losing the amount that I want in the time I want.

“Then clearly his goals are not very extreme at all.”, I never said i was extreme… I feel bloated, help with the question asked or keep your remarks to yourself, thanks[/quote]

You are the one who posted this on a public forum.

Your diet is NOT conducive to seeing optimal progress when dieting. If this bothers you, there is something wrong with you. You are simply NOT eating enough for your body to function optimally while also trying to not lose any muscle tissue while on a caloric deficit.

Most of the people going along with what you stated are LESS developed than you are which is why they didn’t catch that at the beginning.

I have no problem avoiding your posts from here on out. You aren’t really trying to succeed anyway if you avoid the advice of people who actually know what they are talking about.

[quote]huviduc wrote:

“Then clearly his goals are not very extreme at all.”, I never said i was extreme… I feel bloated, help with the question asked or keep your remarks to yourself, thanks[/quote]

Your diet is NOT conducive to seeing optimal progress when dieting. If this bothers you, there is something wrong with you. You are simply NOT eating enough for your body to function optimally while also trying to not lose any muscle tissue while on a caloric deficit.

Most of the people going along with what you stated are LESS developed than you are which is why they didn’t catch that at the beginning.

I have no problem avoiding your posts from here on out. You aren’t really trying to succeed anyway if you avoid the advice of people who actually know what they are talking about.[/quote]

I am asking for suggestions and help in a non internet tough guy fashion. Your comments are welcome in a constructive way. Thanks

[quote]huviduc wrote:

[quote]huviduc wrote:

I have no problem avoiding your posts from here on out. You aren’t really trying to succeed anyway if you avoid the advice of people who actually know what they are talking about.[/quote]

I am asking for suggestions and help in a non internet tough guy fashion. Your comments are welcome in a constructive way. Thanks
[/quote]

No thank you.

Guys like you are the type we speak of often. You want to believe you already know what you are doing so badly that anyone who tells yo that your entire approach is wrong gets told to fuck off.

You won’t be making much progress if for no other reason than you don’t even know who to listen to or when.

You can continue to follow the advice from all of the guys with less muscle than you have.

[quote]huviduc wrote:

[quote]huviduc wrote:

[/quote]

No thank you.

Guys like you are the type we speak of often. You want to believe you already know what you are doing so badly that anyone who tells yo that your entire approach is wrong gets told to fuck off.

You won’t be making much progress if for no other reason than you don’t even know who to listen to or when.

You can continue to follow the advice from all of the guys with less muscle than you have.
[/quote]

As stated in my original post, I do not believe I know everything and I am looking for suggestions/help. Although I may take in the info you have provided, I see no reason in listen to future responses from you when you reply to me as if I’m not reading it. swearing and replying in the way that you did is like talking shit on someone that is right in front of you, then expecting them to listen to your advice. If the fact that I need to eat more is my issue, simply state that and suggest some ideas of what to eat. I would rather take advice from someone with your supposed knowledge, but with a normal helpful response. If you have a response like that feel free, if not please leave it to the others

[quote]huviduc wrote:
Ive been creepin around this site for about 2 years now reading and learning what I can, and ive been working out on and off for 10 years. I feel i have picked up a good amount of things but I am not expert by any means.

Anyway, I always feel really bloated and no matter what I do, nothing seems to change it. I just figured i would post my basic eating habits and supplements and see if someone can point me to something i can add subtract to help out. I am currently trying to lean out and keep muscle… and im on a major budget which doesnt help. Btw i am 5-9, 190 lbs, roughly 12-15 percent body fat (i think).

This is pretty much my everyday. Wake up, eat (8 AM) a small bowl of oats with ground flaxseed, 1 splenda, cinnamon, a scoop of benefiber, and 8-10 unsalted almonds. For lunch at 11 AM i eat 2 small baked chicken breasts with a cup of steamed broccoli. Around 5 PM i eat another very similar meal, same amount of chicken but maybe on top a small salad with oil and vin and other veggies, no cheese. Other than that, i have a protein shake around 9 after the gym and another between lunch and dinner (2 ish). I know i should prob be eating a bit more but as i said, im broke and doin what i can.

As for supplements, i take the protein as said (60ish grams a day), 8 fish oil (cheap walmart stuff), 1 B vitamin, 2 daily vitamans, and 6-8 teaspoons of benefiber. Then before i hit the gym, i take USPlabs jacked pre-workout supplement, acetyl l-carnitine (1000mg), and alpha lipoic(300mg before and after workout).

And again, i know the brand of the supplements arent the best but its what i can afford at this time. I used to take almost purely Biotest and loved it. I am mostly looking for the cause of why i am always feeling bloated. and if anyone has any other suggestions that i could change within my budget to help cut weight/not feel bloated. Maybe even some sort of cleanse to get all the “shit” out of my body haha. Anyway, any help would be great. Thanks[/quote]

Do you drink a decent amount of alcohol and if you do have you cut it down a lot more? Looks like you’re holding a beer in your avatar. lol

I would wither away on that diet and I’m a bit smaller than you.

try probiotics for a month… enteric coated w/ FOS

I was feeling really bloated after surgery and having digestive issues. I took some probiotics and got back on track.