T Nation

Feelin' Like Crap!!!

My cousin told me when he turned 25 everything went down hill, his knees hurt, back, etc. He was a very active athlete in high school and college and since then he’s done very little. I figured I wouldn’t get these issues, I eat pretty healthy go the gym at least 3 times a week, don’t watch much TV cause I’m usually busy with doing something else, but…

Lately… I feel like ass… I’ve developed tennis elbow in both my arms, I think I have tendanitious in my left arm… My joints seem to hurt and muscles always seem stiff… Just noticed this in the last few weeks or so after a break from the gym, so time off lifting isn’t the problem, at least I don’t think…

I only take M, some fish oils and a multi-vitamen… Should I take some anti-oxidents? Will this help? Is there anything I could take that is natural that will help me feel better? Some herbs or something…

Any suggestions advice anything will be appreciated…

Thanks…

[quote]LJ4174 wrote:
My cousin told me when he turned 25 everything went down hill, his knees hurt, back, etc. He was a very active athlete in high school and college and since then he’s done very little. I figured I wouldn’t get these issues, I eat pretty healthy go the gym at least 3 times a week, don’t watch much TV cause I’m usually busy with doing something else, but…

Lately… I feel like ass… I’ve developed tennis elbow in both my arms, I think I have tendanitious in my left arm… My joints seem to hurt and muscles always seem stiff… Just noticed this in the last few weeks or so after a break from the gym, so time off lifting isn’t the problem, at least I don’t think…

I only take M, some fish oils and a multi-vitamen… Should I take some anti-oxidents? Will this help? Is there anything I could take that is natural that will help me feel better? Some herbs or something…

Any suggestions advice anything will be appreciated…

Thanks…[/quote]

Try a deloading week. Quit training for a week and just go for a 30 minute walk every morning.

-chris

I’m not sure what the ingredients are in M, but too low levels of estrogen can cause joint problems.

For your joints, try glucosamine and chondroitin sulfate. They are common enough to be found in supermarkets. It takes a few weeks to feel an effect but it do wonders on my joints and I’m at around the same age that you are.

Also, do you have a physically demanding job? Are you getting 8-9 hours of sleep a night? Training 3x a week shouldn’t wear you out so I wonder if the issue is recovery management. Are you eating enough calories to keep from feeling fatigued?