Feel Terrible After Starting TRT

I started trt therapy a little over three months ago. My initial test results were total testosterone 103 free testosterone 5.7. I was prescribed 200 mg testosterone cypionate weekly which I split up to two injections of 100 mg weekly. I take .5 mg Arimidex 24 hours after injection. I have now developed severe edema in my legs and feet. My ankles measured at 11 1/2 inches today. I also take 60 mg Lasix daily. I am attaching a copy of my current blood test, I have no idea how to read this but from what I have read on some of the forums, my total testosterone and free testosterone look great but my estrogen level looks a little low. One other thing to note is my manhood started working like I was 18 Again but hasn’t been working as well in 3 weeks. Also I don’t know if this is normal but my body weight has jumped from 202 pounds up to 234 pounds, and it worries me because due to a severe back injury I am unable to work out. Hopefully I put this in the correct place and I think anyone 4 any input they can

give. Thank you.

You take Lasix because… heart failure? It sounds like your retaining water, hence the swollen feet and weight gain. But your e2 doesn’t look bad.

I know that even when my e2 is alright, sometimes I get puffy feet after I take my test. Are you watching you salt? It is night and day with TRT, before TRT I could eat all I wanted, now if I overdue it, I bloat.

Your glucose looks like it is 149. Were you fasting prior to the test?

I got the lasix because the swelling got so bad. Had my heart checked and its fine

No I wasn’t fasting. In fact since I started trt, I have been craving sugar like crazy and eating a little more than usual. I heard testosterone cypionate can cause water retention but the amount of swelling I have is unbelievable. That’s why I started on Lasix. I just don’t understand why I have no energy or drive to do anything, in fact I feel horrible. And thank you for responding so quickly

Different computer/screen, I see it was only 109. What’s going on with your WBC? Recent illness or ongoing/underlying infection? What did your doctor say about that? Hct is high, some feel better dumping blood when it gets that high.

I’ve recently set an appointment to see my doctor concerning the WBC. I don’t know if it can cause it or not but I’ve been an unbelievable pain due to my back injuries. In my first response it’s supposed to say Lasix not laid, stupid autocorrect. After reading all the testimonies about how good people feel when they get their testosterone under control I was very anxious to feel better but due to this unbelievable swelling I feel a lot worse. I thank everyone for their input and I will address all suggestions and information given. Thank you again

Your blood is getting too thick. Mini aspirin and fish oil will help blood flow.

What is current and past blood pressure?

Donate blood if you can or cut dose of T and anastrozole in half.

E2 near 22pg/ml is good.

Weight gain can be driven in part by low thyroid function. Please post any thyroid lab results with ranges. Evaluate thyroid function status via oral body temperatures as discussed below. If you have not been using iodized salt, that can cause thyroid problems.

You can dose anastrozole at time of injections. Try to always do labs halfway between injections to avoid results driven by lab timing changes.

Please read the stickies found here: About the T Replacement Category - #2 by KSman

• advice for new guys - need more info about you
  • things that damage your hormones
  • protocol for injections
  • finding a TRT doc

Evaluate your overall thyroid function by checking oral body temperatures as per the thyroid basics sticky. Thyroid hormone fT3 is what gets the job done and it regulates mitochondrial activity, the source of ATP which is the universal currency of cellular energy. This is part of the body’s temperature control loop. This can get messed up if you are iodine deficient. In many countries, you need to be using iodized salt. Other countries add iodine to dairy or bread.

KSman is simply a regular member on this site. Nothing more other than highly active.

I can be a bit abrupt in my replies and recommendations. I have a lot of ground to cover as this forum has become much more active in the last two years. I can’t follow threads that go deep over time. You need to respond to all of my points and requests as soon as possible before you fall off of my radar. The worse problems are guys who ignore issues re thyroid, body temperatures, history of iodized salt. Please do not piss people off saying that lab results are normal, we need lab number and ranges. a

The value that you get out of this process and forum depends on your effort and performance. The bulk of your learning is reading/studying the suggested stickies.

My past blood pressure has always been great, 120/70. I took it today and you definitely hit it right on the head! Todays reading was 168/98. Started aspirin today and cutting my testosterone to 120 mg a week. Thank you for taking the time to respond.

I will be getting you labs to test my thyroid function. Will also start monitoring body temperature. Thank you so much for your advice

1 Like