Feel Like Throwing Up When I Train

Thanks for clarifying. I’m still old-school as carbs is my main working fuel - but I realize diets have become more individualistic over time. I guess it’s the same as with training - finding what works best for oneself through experience.

1 Like

:rofl:

Well…

I laugh because this actually became a thing on this forum after some youtuber that looks like Peter Pan postulated that something something something…

And that’s why fruit is bad.

6 Likes

I have seriously never considered this and I don’t know why. I drink a coffee on the way to the gym. It, at least, forces some sprints in between sets of squats and deadlifts so I’m getting a little cardio.

2 Likes

I’m not big on “food rewards”, but it’s VERY satisfying getting that caffeine after putting in the work.

Also pretty crucial for treating the exertion headaches I get from Deep Water…

3 Likes

Makes a ton of sense. I just drink coffee first because that’s what I do; never really thought about it

1 Like

Is it only me who drinks industrial quantities of coffee all day - both before and after working out? In all honesty I probably drink one liter a day. It’s a social/cultural thing here. At least I am not dead by coffee yet…

4 Likes

You are Swedish, right? Sweden is 3rd in the world for coffee consumption behind Finland and Netherlands.

In your bodies where there should be blood, only coffee exists

3 Likes
2 Likes

Haven’t watched that movie in ages, completely forgot about this scene. Thanks for the throwback!

1 Like

Nope. I do that too.

Have had to cut that back significantly in total, but still need it pre & post.

1 Like

I envy you…
I love the taste of coffee but am extremely sensitive to caffeine. I can barely tolerate strong decaf.

1 Like

I do 2 to 3 cups coffee a day

1 Like

Best preworkout : Glass of water with salt in it ! try it and see the pump :slight_smile: thanks me later

1 Like

Thanks…i know about salt before workout💪

I quit pre workout…i quit that coffee before training…and still have this…but most of the time when i hit chest…when my head is on the bench…on the decline it s even worse…or when i hit shoulders with dumbbells or bar…but when i hit legs i don t have this feeling :)))it s so weird

You could be pregnant, worth getting a diy tester from the pharmacy

2 Likes

You are probably suffering from gastroeosophagal reflux disease (GERD). Gastric acid give rise to symtoms when lying down, and relief when standing - due to gravity. GERD affects the ring of muscle between the esophagus and your stomach (the lower esophageal sphincter).

Talk to the nearest pharmacy where you may try a non prescription drug for symtom relief.

2 Likes

Yes…and sometimes i have this feeling when i eat

That corresponds well with gastric acid related problems (dyspepsia with gastric reflux).

I recommend you try a basic two week treatment with Omeprazole or similar non-prescription drug (a protonpump inhibitor). With a little luck this may resolve your problem.

You may also try/add algae based Gaviscon or similar, which reduces gastric acid and also creates a type of gel-barrier - temporarily for symtomatic relief. Very suitable prior to training and/or directly prior to going to bed! Try it!

1 Like

Thank you so much…from august i eat 600 grams of carbs daily…even in my non training days…and i have like around 5000 calories…and now i have more fat and i m resistance to insulin…and i want to do a carbs cycling to be lean again and bulk again with less carbs…i have a job desk and i think 600 grams daily is too much for my daily activites even i train very hard in the gym…and i think too much carbs is a factor for this gastric acid that i have from octomber :thinking:if i remember right…sometimes i force myself to eat this carbs