Feel Like Crap/Fatigue, Work/Stress, Lost 2 Pounds

Been training regularly too but today I took my weight and I’ve lost 2 pounds. I look lighter too. I have been behind on some of my meals as I have not had enough time to eat as much as I need to. I have not been managing my meal times effectively (with better options such as instant oats).

My routine atm is also a bit too taxing when I have not been recovering very well. ICF 5x5. It is not optimal for my lifestyle now, I think I will have to use Advanced novice programme by Rippetoes instead.

I just feel a bit lost with it all. I am 6.5 months into training and by losing these two pounds its set me back a bit even though I hit my deadlift personal best the other day. So, I have gotten stronger in terms of my max deadlift for 4-5 reps. But, my squat is stuck. I can squat 125kg for 5 reps but fatigue has meant that i am missing reps on the second and third set.

It’s just tougher now that I’m moving house and starting in a 9-5 now.

Funny thing is, my lifts were getting stronger. For a start I could do 8-10 reps of chin ups with 5kg added on the other day. But, I’ve just gotten lighter and my squat has gone to **** at 125kg.you know you are burnt out when you are sitting down and feel fatigued. **** this ****, never experienced anything quite like it. Like, I don’t feel physically up to lifting. Sorry for the moaning, just perplexed.

I am only at 163 pounds now. So, a bit too light for my liking.

As for those who thought I was lying when i was starting from the bottom in February see my post at the bottom here.

When i started training again in February i was 143 pounds. I had lost all of my gains because I had not trained since graduation in June 2013. I stopped eating , I was having one or two meals a day. I was depressed because I had no direction in life. I am just trying to get better and I think I have made progress. It is not great, but I am just trying to get better. As of a few weeks ago, I have exceeded where I was before. It’s been tough, but please, this next stage is to go up to that next level.

As a tip from someone who also battles depression: sitting inside sulking is a good way to have no direction in life. Force yourself to get out and the positive reinforcement effects of lifting consistently will benefit and help you.

One thing I also see that is common in this forum is beginners worries about crap that doesn’t matter. You lost 2 pounds, that is around 1.5 percent of your body weight. You can drink 2 lbs of water in 1 meal…

As a tip from someone who also battles depression: sitting inside sulking is a good way to have no direction in life. Force yourself to get out and the positive reinforcement effects of lifting consistently will benefit and help you.

One thing I also see that is common in this forum is beginners worries about crap that doesn’t matter. You lost 2 pounds, that is around 1.5 percent of your body weight. You can drink 2 lbs of water in 1 meal…