Feel Like a Beginner

ive been lifting for years. been in sports for years.
ive been fat, back to skinny, had some average lifting strength.
ive done the V-Diet, focused on bulking and size gain.
ive been mildly successful at all of it.

im frustrated though. because i have only been mildly successful, and not fully successful.
i have training A.D.D.
i havent ever gotten as big as ive wanted to be
i havent ever gotten as lean as ive wanted to be
and i have tried to do both for a long time.

since the V-Diet, i saw some results, started training different, and lost ground. . .
i know what i need to do, but im kinda searching for motivation again.
so im going to start a log…
maybe this isnt the forum for it.
but im starting here.

41" waist at the navel
52.5" around the shoulders
25" thighs
46" chest
15.5" upper arms
18" neck

5’10" and i weigh 205 right now. was 192 after the V-Diet, and was 212 before the V-Diet. so i havent lost it all, but i dont think im quite as strong as i was.

my biggest regret right now about starting over now is that i feel like im joining the ranks of new years resolution crowd… oh how i hate that crowd.

[quote]driftingbamafan wrote:

ive been mildly successful at all of it.

and i have tried to do both for a long time.

[/quote]

This is why. Do one thing at a time and FOCOUS on it. I was “fat” for almost 3 years straight to bulid my muscle. Eat Big, Lift big and Sleep for a few years consistently then worry about getting lean.

Whats the points of being lean if you dont have a good amount of muscle to show?

Imo consistently is the key.

thanks Cron391. thats a good point! sounds like Mark Rippetoe. what size goals should i set?

Goals are your own buddy. Some people want to be 250, some want to be 180. Get your goals down on paper and make a plan to reach those goals.

Yep, I FUCKING HATE the new Years crowd!

So, seeing that you’re starting out at the same time all these un-disciplined infomercial watching sissies are, make it your goal to work both smarter and harder towards ONE goal. The typical Resolutioner tries to do too many things at once…like you did. So fix it and out work them at one single goal.

If it’s size gain, don’t eat shit but eat enough to grow.

If it’s leaning out, don’t eat shit and don’t starve yourself off the bat.

Marathon, not sprint.

This might ring a bell for you.
All the best!

let me put it this way. i want to be 12% bf and weigh 200lbs. i want to be strong by most standards - a respectable weight on dead lift, bench and squat. - one day, idk how far down the road, i have a goal of doing one bodybuilding show, and making a respectable showing, not be the guy thats big, but too fat to be on stage.

BHappy, ill try it out! at least for the month. see what happens!
thanks for all the input everybody!

[quote]Aragorn wrote:
Yep, I FUCKING HATE the new Years crowd! [quote]

it will all be over by mid-Febuary!

so i did legs last night. ive never used a hack squat, the standing, fixed track, weight on shoulders squat machine, - im pretty sure its called a hack squat… - i normally use the hack sled, where you lay on your back and press the plate loaded sled up, … here is the deal, on the hack sled, i do full, deep reps with around 45lbs (5 plates each side) for 4 sets of 8. on the hack squat (upright) i was struggling with 4 sets of 6 with just 180 (2 plates each side)… why is this?? i back squat well with 275lbs for 4 sets of 6.

did straight leg deads with 185lbs for 4 sets of 6 as well, my lower back was on fire, hams didnt get much out of that movement last night…
so on to the laying leg curl for 5 sets and burnt it out…
and leg extentions as well.

Each machine is specific that is a place your log really helps you.
Where i go i use different loads on standing, lying and seated leg curls.
Drag, angles etc … means the number is not that important other than with that unit.

let me put it this way. i want to be 12% bf and weigh 200lbs. i want to be strong by most standards - a respectable weight on dead lift, bench and squat. - one day, idk how far down the road, i have a goal of doing one bodybuilding show, and making a respectable showing, not be the guy thats big, but too fat to be on stage.
[/quote]

You don’t know what you’re saying -to do a BB show and make a ‘respectable showing’ is a big journey from where you’re at.
You’re 5’10 with a 41 inch waist at 205 lbs. You would need to be 245+ with no increase in waist measurement and then do a hard cut.

[quote]RampantBadger wrote:

[/quote]

You don’t know what you’re saying -to do a BB show and make a ‘respectable showing’ is a big journey from where you’re at.
You’re 5’10 with a 41 inch waist at 205 lbs. You would need to be 245+ with no increase in waist measurement and then do a hard cut.
[/quote]

so there is my goal! 245 without letting my waist Grow! thanks RampantBadger!
i know that is 3 years or so down the road, for a realistic goal… wouldnt ya say?

would a 400lb bench, 550lb squat, and 650lb dead be respectable lifts for that body weight?

here is the training log i just started

http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/blog_sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding_log/first_time_for_a_training_log_

just saw this… does strength equal size?? at my level anyway?