Feel Better on Less Frequency/Higher One Time Dose?

I did something similar when I first started TRT. My experience ended badly because I didn’t have enough knowledge at the time to realize I had cut my estrogen levels to basically zero. It took me quite a while before I realized it as the forum narrative at that time heavily pushed using AI’s. My personal experience with them was that it was basically impossible to find a regime that (longterm) made me feel better than not using them at all. AI’s are akin to a nuke. Make sure whatever issue you are attempting to correct deserves the use of a nuke because the fallout can be catastrophic and take longer than you’d like to correct. If I could go back in time and personally advise myself (when I was still new to Testosterone and not feeling like I was where I wanted to be), I’d try to convince me to use all other less lethal means to combat the issues I was feeling first and rule them out as possible fixes before using a nuke.

The hardest thing for me to come to terms with was that most things TRT don’t happen instantly and even small changes can take months before you feel their full result. It’s very hard to be patient enough to give whatever change you make enough time to really know if you are going in the right or wrong direction. Without that patience you can get stuck in a never ending circle of constantly chasing and creating symptoms without ever giving yourself enough time to know what works. I would recommend to anyone that isn’t feeling great and has tried multiple fixes, to go back to a baseline dose, stay there for at least a couple months and then adjust that dose in small increments until you find a dose that has you feeling as close to ideal as possible. Once there, if you still fell the need to try auxiliary drugs like an AI you can do so with better precision and with a better understanding of what you are feeling and how each thing effects you.

Sorry for the long post. @mip1950 not necessarily directed at you just my own personal thoughts on the subject in general.

4 Likes

I agree with @kazuya_mishima1 on this one. I would be careful with that. Get some blood work. I think some guys can feel great for a limited amount of time with crashed E2 before it catches up with them.

FWIW, on the blast of 250 mg EOD (875 mg/wk), I was dosing adex at 0.25 mg EOD, and E2 was roughly double the top of the range. I think 0.25 EOD on my current regimine (175 mg/wk) would have a high probability of crashing E2.

If you are experimenting with Adex, start low, test (blood and how you feel), and adjust. Repeat that process until you are happy. You may do fine on that regime, but a lot will end up crashing E2 (they might feel better before they feel worse too).

1 Like

Absolutely, thank you. For a young man, you have a lot of hard earned experience and wisdom to share. The AI experiment came from post on excelmale.com from a man who tried every dosing protocol and never felt the benefits of testosterone, He was on 30 mg, IM, daily. Working with his NP, she started him on .25 mg of anastrozole, increased the frequency over time. After some weeks, the dose was increased to .5 mg, once, then twice, then three times a week. It was at that last dosage that he began to feel good and experience sexual function. Eventually, he was up to .5 mg, daily. Other men found success with .25 twice a week, .5 once a week and 1 mg once a week.

I enter into this experiment with trepidations. Ironically on excel, today, another guy recounted his various protocols and after 12 years, found 52 mg of T, once a week, restored his sexual function, sleep, mood and energy. That took 12 weeks. Truly, the more I read, the more I find myself at the crossroads. Having patience, no matter what protocol, is the hardest part of it. We all want to see results, quickly. The endocrine system didn’t get the memo. It’s like turning a supertanker. Doesn’t happen like turning the steering wheel of your car or truck, LOL. Perhaps, lower my T from 100 mg to 50 mg,weekly, drop the AI, and wait.

3 Likes

I still say this time game is a big gamble and I am skeptical as to how bad some of these guys really felt during the “getting used to it” phase. Some of us tried for a year or more with no luck. It’s one thing like with the guy you mentioned who went lower dose, it’s a whole other thing though when you are pushing levels to the upper limits especially estrogen.

I’ve been following his thread. Very interesting.

And honestly, is anyone surprised? The body wasn’t made to handle supra doses, which, on TRT, most of us produce.

1 Like

I think you mean inject or consume. On TRT, the body is producing little (more like no) testosterone.

Surprise surprise. Someone call the TOT hotline! This can’t be. Hopefully Danny/Team TOT can send an investigation unit out immediately and get to the bottom of this.

5 Likes

Yeah I wouldn’t call that a win for the waiting game fanatics, more of common sense that with less T will simply come less side effects. The dude is just lucky he does really need that little of T, the injection amount I mean.

As stated before it’s a whole other issue if your body is over whelmed with high E2 for example and you are trying to force your body to “get used to it”.

Lol and of course Enackers liked Danny’s post haha.

Great advice. This is what I did years ago, dropped everything but test, and slowly titrate the dose and add/remove items after at least 8 weeks of use and lab work. Wish I had done that from the beginning, would have saved me 2 years

1 Like

You and I are similar, in that we’ve tried many protocols, none of which has proven sustainable. For myself, I know it seems I’m all over the place from high doses to daily injections to the AI experiment. As @dextermorgan reminded me, pick a protocol and give it several months to either prove that it works or it doesn’t.

Last year, I believe, there was a long thread about 10 mg, daily, which generated many comments and critiques. I’ll commit to 50 mg, IM, weekly, for the next three months, simply because I don’t know what else to do. I hope I’m positively surprised, but I wouldn’t be surprised if I’m disappointed. For all I know, maybe I’d need six months! I’ve got serious issues in my life that I must attend to and I don’t want to add obsessing about whether or not my weekly T shot is going to work. I’ll just do it.

Produced, after the body deesterfies the cyp. HAHAHA!!

1 Like

PLEASE keep us posted on how your respond.

We’re ALL guinea pigs basically.

1 Like

Will do. If it works, I know my urologist will be glad to hear it!.

So you are going to try 50mg weekly?

Close enough :slight_smile:

1 Like

In the thread on 10 mg, daily, Danny repeatedly stated, irrespective of the above statement, that whatever dose works is the best dose, or something to that effect. He wasn’t pushing one protocol over another. He saw those who do well on low dose, as well as men like him who do 240 mg a week, or even higher, as outliers. And I agree with the theory of cellular resistance, whether it’s for testosterone, thyroid and even vitamin D. There are abstracts that address the issue of cellular resistance. Maybe the response to blasting on 400 or 500 mg and experiencing restoration of erectile function is that super high dose overcoming cellular resistance.

Danny is a good guy. He means well and has the best intentions for sure.

He went out of his way to reach out to me to suggest some protocols. They involved higher doses, and didn’t work. BUT, his intentions were good for sure. And he doesn’t know me other than my persona on here.

Good dude all the way.

Check out one of his latest threads on Reddit, he goes as far as to clearly state “supraphysiological levels are needed”

1 Like

Started yesterday. There’s an abundance of many opinions as well of actual success stories, whether IM or subq of varying doses, topicals, pellets. @highpull is the resident physician with much experience which he presents. Again, trying 50 mg, weekly, simply because it’s working for some men. I’d be a fool to ignore it. The proof, positive or negative, will be waiting for me.

1 Like

I would agree it is not just Danny who is touting supra levels. Whether they are really needed or if cellular resistance is a thing remains to be determined.

Talking with a provider who has seen many, there are lots of dudes who seem to do well (little to no adverse affects) running supra long term. It’s just a bad blanket suggestion to give the ignorant newbies the false hope that running 150+ mg/week + of Test Ester is the way to go. I understand Danny is passionate and means well. But the road to hell sometimes paved with really good intentions.

1 Like

Agree. He and I exchanged a few emails a couple of years ago. He’s thoughtful and is passionate about improving the health and well being of men.