Feeding Myself While Broke?

[quote]jCaesar88 wrote:
Bricknyce wrote:
I rely on cheap stuff myself:

Canned salmon, canned tuna, canned chicken
Canned beans in water
Frozen vegetables
Eggs
Liver (two bucks or less per pound); actually all innards are cheap as hell secondary to their unpopularity

The Asian market down the block from my house has everything dirt cheap! Yesterday I bought a tremendous fresh fruit mix (strawberries, mangoes, apples, pineapples, cantaloupe, honeydew) for four bucks; there must be over 12 servings of fruit in it.

Sometimes I buy fresh salmon and beef.

I do buy cottage cheese and yogurt no matter what the price, although dairy is a huge rip-off these days!

Dry cereals I use for carbup-refeeds aren’t expensive.

Gasp! Did I say just say I eat canned goods?

where is this place, if you dont mind me asking[/quote]

Little Neck, Queens, NY. It’s called New York Market and it’s on the Horace Harding Expressway along the LIE, between 251 Street and Marathon Parkway. Everything is CHEAP!

Rice, potato

[quote]eigieinhamr wrote:
Rice, potato[/quote]

Thanks!

Ok, THIS IS WHAT YOU NEED TO READ and follow. This is intended for immediate use and once you get a feel for things you will be ok.

BUY: Ramen, coconut oil, eggs, powdered garlic and paprika, protein powder.

FIND:

• whole wheat bread (look for bread basket days in various churches in your community and pick up as much as you can)
  • free pizza from the nearest university/school. Contact the local dominos and ask the guy to let you on.
  • look for all-you-can-eat-wings, KFC grilled chicken and chinese buffets. Carry a large leather bag into the chinese buffets and/or cici’s pizzas and fill er up with assorted items.

STEAL:

• extra eggs if you live near the countryside and have access to a coop.
    -milk/half and half from your nearest starbucks. use the starbucks card for refills (FREE) and fill it with milk instead after pouring out the coffee.
  • you can pile on the “produce” free of charge from your walmarts if you’re clever.Buy the tagged items and fill up the plastic bags and then saunter over to the produce isle and load up as much as you want (be ethical here) of bananas, brocccoli and stuff (that ISN’T TAGGED and casually stroll out.

REMEMBER - PLEASE BE ETHICAL. DO NOT STEAL TOO MUCH.

QUICK DISCLAIMER - I ASSUME NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR ACTIONS RESULTING FROM OR DIRECTLY FOLLOWING YOUR REVIEW OF MY POST AND/OR MENTIONED ADVICE. ALSO MY SUGGESTING THE ABOVE METHODS IN NO WAY INDICATES THAT I HAVE EVER PERFORMED, CONSIDERED OR WILL EVER CONSIDER PERFORMING ANY OR ALL OF THE ABOVE MENTIONED ACTS IN THE NEAR/DISTANT FUTURE.

Holy shit Tribunaldude, I hadn’t even considered theft as an option. That does get me thinking about desperation tactics I’ve used…

• Fishing! Buy/borrow the cheapest fishing pole you can find, and catch a shitload of fish. Even the nastiest sucker-fish has plenty of meat on it. You don’t even need proper “bait”, I’ve landed probably 1,000 panfish on a single can of corn. They will even bite a shiny hook, fish are stupid. You don’t even need to cook fish, just gut them, put a bunch of salt in their insides, and you have jerky in a few days. Be careful, some of the more popular fishing holes have DNR police.

• Dumpster diving! Most grocery stores throw away as much food as they sell. Watch the store, or better, get to know the people who work there, and they will “accidentally” leave it next to the dumpster instead of chucking it in amongst the broken glass. Just make sure you get there before the raccoons do, but you can usually scare away a raccoon by clapping and making a lot of noise.

• Restaurants! Most restaurants, especially buffets, also throw away a ton of food. Get a job there, or ask the manager face to face, if you can come in after hours and pick up some food “for your family”. Most of the time, it actually saves them money to give the food away rather than throw it in the dumpster. Just make sure you get there exactly on time, and do what they ask (meet out back, whatever), and they will give you more food than you could ever eat.

This is a few examples of modern scavenging. I have personally done all of these. I’m sure I can cook up more ideas (pun intended!).

-Sab

[quote]tribunaldude wrote:

REMEMBER - PLEASE BE ETHICAL. DO NOT STEAL TOO MUCH.
[/quote]

x2

I am 100% in favor of stealing from Wal-Mart. - That said: Get a Costco membership and purchase your items in bulk. Ex: Egg whites (or real ones), Tuna, any meat frozen or not, Oats ect ect ect. The place is cleanand the company treats their employees and the community with respect. You can even pick up a free meal while you are there via hitting the free sample ladies 2-3 times each. Talk nice to them and smile, sometimes you can get 4-5 each out of them.

go to the homeless shelter and grab some cans

[quote]Sabastian525 wrote:
Holy shit Tribunaldude, I hadn’t even considered theft as an option. That does get me thinking about desperation tactics I’ve used…

• Fishing! Buy/borrow the cheapest fishing pole you can find, and catch a shitload of fish. Even the nastiest sucker-fish has plenty of meat on it. You don’t even need proper “bait”, I’ve landed probably 1,000 panfish on a single can of corn. They will even bite a shiny hook, fish are stupid. You don’t even need to cook fish, just gut them, put a bunch of salt in their insides, and you have jerky in a few days. Be careful, some of the more popular fishing holes have DNR police.

• Dumpster diving! Most grocery stores throw away as much food as they sell. Watch the store, or better, get to know the people who work there, and they will “accidentally” leave it next to the dumpster instead of chucking it in amongst the broken glass. Just make sure you get there before the raccoons do, but you can usually scare away a raccoon by clapping and making a lot of noise.

• Restaurants! Most restaurants, especially buffets, also throw away a ton of food. Get a job there, or ask the manager face to face, if you can come in after hours and pick up some food “for your family”. Most of the time, it actually saves them money to give the food away rather than throw it in the dumpster. Just make sure you get there exactly on time, and do what they ask (meet out back, whatever), and they will give you more food than you could ever eat.

This is a few examples of modern scavenging. I have personally done all of these. I’m sure I can cook up more ideas (pun intended!).

-Sab[/quote]

BAD ASS POST!