Feedback with 'Client'

[quote]PatMac wrote:

Sorry, your phasing in the original post made me believe you were working out together “one day we were ramping up on leg curls, trying to making him understand the concept (which I think he hasn’t yet), and he got up from 50, then 70, then 90lbs…”[/quote] correct, but just because we work out together doesn’t me I want him to be the next MEYMZ. I was introducing him something I’ve learned that worked really good for me and apparently for many people who have been succesful on musclebuilding, that’s it, but from that to trying to make him be like me is a huge difference.

[quote]He wants fat loss first and muscles second. Dispite what you and what other people may think about his goals, they are very important to him so you need to find a way to make them happen. If he wants to be a shredded 130 lb guy so be it. While I don’t share his goal,[/quote] me neither [quote]I know that if you help him achieve the imo look you mention, he will trust you completely and will do whatever you tell him. That`s the thing with clients, help them achieve something they really want and you have them forever. [/quote] I agree with this.

Thanks for the feedback, interesting points.

[quote]MEYMZ wrote:
Thanks for the feedback, interesting points.

[/quote]

No problem. It sounds like you have a challenge on your hands but the lessons you will learn from making it work for him will pay off HUGE in the long run.

Good luck with it!

Destroy him in one workout with a crazy amount of volume and intensity. He’ll either get it or he won’t.

Read “The Dave Workout” on this article:

[quote]Rhino Jockey wrote:
Destroy him in one workout with a crazy amount of volume and intensity. He’ll either get it or he won’t.

Read “The Dave Workout” on this article:
Blood on the Barbell: Thibaudeau [/quote]

That’ll be a nice challenge.

Thanks for all your feedback guys, I’ve learned a couple of really important things making this thread.

As people have already said, it’s one thing to go out of your way to help a friend who’s asked you a favour but who is willing to work hard, pay attention to what you’re saying and learn, and generally put the effort in and acknowledge you’re helping him.

It’s quite another to babysit and hand hold someone who’s asked for your help but is completely ignoring everything you say, putting absolutely no effort in and showing no interest.

If he’s not going to bother then why should you?

[quote]Squelchy wrote:
pay attention to what you’re saying [/quote] sometimes you get to a level where it’s really hard to explain things from zero, so indeed, it’s a thing that shouldn’t be kept under less care.

Okay, carnal no te voy a decir como entrenar al cabron pero ay te van unos pointers. Firstly, you have to really see how serious the dude is about his goals from a psychological point of view. A fat kid that is picked on constantly will have a stronger drive when ignited than some skinny fat wanting bigger arms. I’m proof. You have to sit the dude down and really ask him how driven he is to achieve his goals. When he tells you what he wants truly then you tell him that he needs to get sus putas lonjas in gear.

Si el vato la neta no le hecha ganas y no mas quiere ponerce mamado haciendole ala mamada en el gym, just train him to get tired. Any trainer can get someone tired. Make that money. Tough call but it isn’t something that can’t be worked out. In my opinion, your goal should be to maintain a certain positive repuation. “Ese guey me puso bien mamado” “Ese MEYMZ me hayudo a perder (numero) de kilos” “Ese MEYMZ me puso una cojisa en el gym y me la dejo ir con todo!” etc etc. So in that way, your rep grows, you get more clients, more money, and you laugh all the way to the bank while helping people. Chido, as for me I’ve got to go hit chest.

-GB

[quote]Growing_Boy wrote:
Okay, carnal no te voy a decir como entrenar al cabron pero ay te van unos pointers. Firstly, you have to really see how serious the dude is about his goals from a psychological point of view. A fat kid that is picked on constantly will have a stronger drive when ignited than some skinny fat wanting bigger arms.[/quote] I think his motivation comes from his years of failure. He wants to pack a decent amount of mucle and lean down that mass, but I think he isn’t aware of the effort that has to be put inside and outside the gym, that’s where I come.

[quote]I’m proof.[/quote] Ni me digas we, antes de morro era “el gordo” ahora soy “el mamado”, ps de donde crees que viene “MEYMZ”!!! [quote]You have to sit the dude down and really ask him how driven he is to achieve his goals. When he tells you what he wants truly then you tell him that he needs to get sus putas lonjas in gear. [/quote] mesotherapy?

[quote]Si el vato la neta no le hecha ganas y no mas quiere ponerce mamado haciendole ala mamada en el gym, just train him to get tired. Any trainer can get someone tired. Make that money. Tough call but it isn’t something that can’t be worked out. In my opinion, your goal should be to maintain a certain positive repuation. “Ese guey me puso bien mamado” “Ese MEYMZ me hayudo a perder (numero) de kilos” “Ese MEYMZ me puso una cojisa en el gym y me la dejo ir con todo!” etc etc.[/quote] jaja espérate primero el calentamiento, pero si we yo creo q es train his ass off to get his goals or drop him and save my rep. [quote]So in that way, your rep grows, you get more clients, more money, and you laugh all the way to the bank while helping people. Chido, as for me I’ve got to go hit chest.

-GB[/quote]
I think that with some knowledge it’s easier to have success in the personal training world down here, there isn’t THAT much competition, and if results come people will too.

Dale cabrón al pecho.

-MEYMZ

[quote]MEYMZ wrote:
I think that with some knowledge it’s easier to have success in the personal training world down here, there isn’t THAT much competition, and if results come people will too.

Dale cabrón al pecho.

-MEYMZ
[/quote]

La neta si guey. Cuando handuve(sp?) por Guanatos no mas vi un varios gueyes mas o menos pero sin piernas. Nunca vi un complete package. Estoy seguro que hay una communidad de bodybuilders pequena en Mexico pero por los cuantos meses que estuve rumbo Babylon nunca tope con un guey. Tienen un show el Mr. Mexico o algo asi. Es que tambien pienso que como esta de cojido el pais la neta no muchos cabrones pueden mantener la tremenda dieta que ocupamos.

[quote]Growing_Boy wrote:

La neta si guey. Cuando handuve(sp?) por Guanatos no mas vi un varios gueyes mas o menos pero sin piernas. Nunca vi un complete package. Estoy seguro que hay una communidad de bodybuilders pequena en Mexico pero por los cuantos meses que estuve rumbo Babylon nunca tope con un guey. Tienen un show el Mr. Mexico o algo asi. Es que tambien pienso que como esta de cojido el pais la neta no muchos cabrones pueden mantener la tremenda dieta que ocupamos. [/quote]

Tienes toda la pinche razón carnal. Osea aquí más que todo los fisicoculturistas se meten hasta el dedo, pero en cuanto a entrenamiento, dieta y todo el demas pinchemadral de cosas no saben casi nada. Conoczo varios weyes del medio, en el gym que estoy ahorita esta un wey que se va a meter al Mr. de 85kg, si está medio cabrón, pero la neta en mi prep para el juvenil pienso pasarlo. Jaja pinche Growing me estás dando idea, yo creo que se puede explotar bastante aquí el personal training ya que está en pañales.

I second the “fire him” notion. Probably after confronting him. As the saying goes, you can lead a horse to water but you can’t make him drink it.

Sit down with him for an hour and spend the time explaining the basics, why things are laid out the way they are. Personally I think he has a complete lack of motivation for his goal and doesn’t want to put the required effort in.

“The guy lacks intensity in the gym, willingness to increase his bodybuilding knowledge, and apparently suffers from manorexia.”

Those are the three strikes where this guy may be a lost cause. If he even changes one of those he will make progress and hopefully that will correct the other two.

[quote]fishebulb wrote:
I second the “fire him” notion. Probably after confronting him. As the saying goes, you can lead a horse to water but you can’t make him drink it.[/quote] I think the reputation part is important, so I will do my best to help him, but if I don’t see anything from him the confrontation part will be used better to make him recognize it was his fault.

[quote]Sit down with him for an hour and spend the time explaining the basics, why things are laid out the way they are. Personally I think he has a complete lack of motivation for his goal and doesn’t want to put the required effort in.[/quote] possibility, but I have to see, maybe the problem is about knowledge; maybe he just doesn’t know how to grow and loose fat.

[quote]“The guy lacks intensity in the gym, willingness to increase his bodybuilding knowledge, and apparently suffers from manorexia.”

Those are the three strikes where this guy may be a lost cause. If he even changes one of those he will make progress and hopefully that will correct the other two.
[/quote]

I think intensity and knowledge can be changed; pushing yourself in the gym is something you learn, and not many people seek knowledge for themselves in several areas. But the manorexia part is about goals and prejudices I think. The prejudice part comes from lack of knowledge; he has the myth in his mind that a superior bodyweight equals obesity.

He is no more than 160 and I estimate about 20% bodyfat or maybe more, so if he thinks like that and gets to 180-190 in some time he’ll think he’s getting fat. Of course the pace of the increase in bodyweight has to be reasonable, but there’s no way that with proper muscle congestion during training accompanied with decent nutrition he’ll get most of that increase from fat. Maybe when he improves his knowledge about bodycomp he may modify his goals.

I handed him some articles that will hopefully put him on that track. Can’t train him now because of the flu problem here in Mex; these are the times when I regret not having a home-gym.