Feedback Please

Hey Guys.

2008 is approaching and it�??s time to reviews and resolutions.

This is the outline of how I intend to eat in order to stay lean, keep putting muscle on and be able to play sports.

6:30 Wake up
Water + lemon juice
Vitamin C (500mg)
Multi vitamin
1l green tea
5g creatine
2g fish oil
500 mg glucosamine

7:00 am meal 01
Egg white omelete + veggies (maybe starch)

10:00 am meal 02
Casein + Green plus + fruit (low GI)

1:00 pm meal 03
Animal protein + veggies + starch
2g fish oil
500 mg glucosamine

? pm pre WO
L-tyrosine
Glutamine
BCAA?

? pm WO

4:00 pm meal 04
Whey Isolate
Dextrose
Vitamin C (500mg)
Multi vitamin
5g creatine

7:00 pm meal 05
Animal protein + veggies + starch
2g fish oil
500 mg glucosamine

? pm meal 06 (pre bed)
cottage cheese
ZMA
500mg vitamin C

I am 5�??11�??, 186lbs around 11% bf with bad joints.

Questions:

1. How much protein do you believe that I should be consuming?
  2. How much fat do you believe that I should be consuming?
  3. How much Glutamine and L-tyrosine should I consume ( I was taking 20g/2g respectively as a neurotransmitter balancing concoction the help with WO drive).
  4. How much casein should I take?
  5. What is the correct balance for my post WO shake?
  6. Should I have something between my post WO shake and my 7 pm meal? What should it be?
  7. Do I have to take ZMA in an empty stomach?
  8. Any other supplement that I should be taking? Why?
  9. DO I ask too many questions?

Thanks for your feedback.

W

1. 200-250g of protein should work.

2. It really depends on your carbohydrate intake, which should depend on how well you handle carbs. You’re not going to get a straight answer here. Whatever your intake, make sure you get a nice balance of the different types of fats. It looks like you could stand to add some olive oil and nuts.

3. Just make sure you don’t take it with calcium. In other words, take ZMA 30-60 minutes before the cottage cheese.

I think that’s really all you need to know. What’s up with all the starch though? That doesn’t look good.

My advice: Start eating. Assess your progress every week or two. If the scale’s not moving, add calories. If it’s moving too fast, drop them. If you’re gaining too much fat in proportion to muscle, try dropping carbs and adding fat.

Thank you.

I normally just eat a big piece of meat them I stuff myself with veggies and the starch is like a maximum of 2 cups of cooked rice.

The main difference from what I am doing and what I’ll do is to rely more in shakes and have less muffins, chocolate bars and similar useless stuff.

During weekends I eat whatever I want for 3 or 4 meals.
I am fairly lean and want to drop some more bf and keep my strength as I play sports that have impact and want to keep my joints as healthy as possible.

w

1. How much protein do you believe that I should be consuming?

1-1.5g / lb bodyweight is always a good rule. Whether you are at the bottom of that spectrum or the top depends on your activity level. If you are just having a workout a couple times a week, 1g/lb is pretty decent, but if you are playing sports / working out / 2 a day practices / etc, you are going to need to up the protein, along with your other macros.

1. How much fat do you believe that I should be consuming?

Depends, 30% of total calories is always a decent amount if you are just eating clean and not doing any specific type of diet protocol.

1. How much casein should I take?

It depends. Are you getting the 1g/lb protein minimum? Don’t have time to make some meat? Personally, I’d rather take a whey/casein blend over either 1 individually any day, except around workouts, particularly preworkout.

1. What is the correct balance for my post WO shake?

The ratio for the best insulin response by the writers of nutrient timing = 3:1 to 4:1 carb / protein. Surge is closer to 2:1 and I take that post workout simply because the protein is such a high quality, and mixing shakes is a pain in the ass. Preworkout I like to take accelerade, more carbs to get the insulin pump primed. Another thing, pre-workout shake should start 15 mins before exercise and should very much so have carbs. You want insulin levels elevated during exercise simply to control cortisol levels if anything. Same 3:1 - 4:1 ratio is optimal.

1. Should I have something between my post WO shake and my 7 pm meal? What should it be?
    You should eat that same lean meat / starch meal, and move it up to 530 or 6 if you are taking your shake at 4. Alternatively, you could take a whey/casein blend with a bit of maltodextrin / dextrose/ w/e (literally just 20g protein / 5g carb is enough) to keep your muscles in recovery mode and the insulin pump going, and eat 90 minutes - 2 hrs after you take that shake.

2. Any other supplement that I should be taking? Why?

That’s a lot of vitamin C. Maybe cut back a bit and add some vitamin E?