Feedback on Upper/Lower Program

Hi Guys, I’m just looking to see if you could Evaluate my program design, Any tips or improvements are welcome. C+C!

Day 1 �?? Upper + Ab�??s
Dumbbell Curl
Barbell Curl
Bench Press
Close Grip Bench
Dumbbell Flyes
Incline barbell raise
Assisted Pull Ups
Seated Row

Day 2 �?? CV + Lower + Shoulders
Rowing
Squat
Leg Extension
Leg Curl
Leg Press
Dumbell Press
Dumbell Lateral Raise
Dumbell Front Raise

Day 3 �?? Upper + Ab�??s
Rope Pressdown0
Dumbbell Extension
Reverse Barbell Curl
Incline Press
Cable Cross Overs
DB Incline Lateral Raise
Lat Pull Downs
Dumbell Bent over Row
Shurgs

Thanks Guys,

Your program is terrible. People post similar workouts on here on a daily basis and always get the same response. Read the articles on this site, there is a ton of great information. After you have read a lot then pick a program from one of the articles you have read and do it.

Less: isolation exercises

More: compound exercises

And the deadlift (any kind) is missing.

First of all you have 2 upper and one lower. What is up with that?

Second, it look like you just threw a bunch exercise together with out much thought.

I applaud you for making an attempt at designing your own program, but it doesn’t look you have enough knowledge to do it effectively.

I would probably do something like this.

1 Upper
chest 1: bench, incline, decline
chest 2 dips, db presses
back two movements: your back selection is ok, but I would do pull-ups if can do them.

Maybe one shoulder exercise
curls if you feel like it.

2 Upper
Chest : pick two from the list that you didn’t do on day one.
Back : pick two from the list that you didn’t do on day one.

Maybe some shoulders if they feel ok and some arm stuff if you want.

Keep in mind that everything works your shoulders. Inclines are especial hard on the shoulders. As a result, I really think that you need at most one addition shoulder movement more for the upper back then anything else…face pulls, shrugs, ect.

1 Lower
Squat
SLDLs
Lunge
Something for lower back and abs.

2 Lower
DeadLift
GMs
something for abs and maybe a quad dominate movement.

Really?

[quote]Pemdas wrote:First of all you have 2 upper and one lower. What is up with that?

Second, it look like you just threw a bunch exercise together with out much thought.[/quote]

It’s an Upper and Lower program which I read about on this website, I wont be doing 2 Upper and 1 Lower each week, I can do 2 Lower and 1 Upper, Varies each week.

I Didn’t just through them all together, My Upper days Mirror each other, working on most major muscle groups. Each day has different exercises because I want variation and it will also work the muscle different with the angles + grips. For Example, Dumbbell Flyes-Cable Cross Overs(Chest)… Bench Press-Incline Press(Chest)… Assisted Pull Ups-Lat Pull Downs(Lats)… DB Incline Lateral Raise-Incline barbell raise(Rear Delts)

[quote]coolhandAJ wrote:
Less: isolation exercises
More: compound exercises
And the deadlift (any kind) is missing.[/quote]

Why is that? What is wrong with isolation?

The Reason I havnt added Deadlift is because I have a lower back Problem, I’m Just finished Rehab and I do Superman’s etc along side with Ab’s to Equal things out.

There is nothing wrong wit isolation, but a program should never be mostly isolation work and that is exactly what you have.

You have no ab work. If you have problems with your lower back…ab work should be a staple of your program year round.

I agree that you pick movements that mirror each other, but I don’t think the movements were chosen well in first place. This is what
I meant.

If you modeled this program off of one that you found on this site then why aren’t you using it? I can guarantee it is better.

[quote]Pemdas wrote:
You have no ab work. If you have problems with your lower back…ab work should be a staple of your program year round.

If you modeled this program off of one that you found on this site then why aren’t you using it? I can guarantee it is better. [/quote]

I haven’t put any Ab Exercises because I do an Ab Class after each workout session for 15 minutes. I also have other CD that I havnt added. I was only concerned about the choice of exercises.

I only got the Upper/Lower Split from somebody talking about it in a thread and I cant remember now where I seen it.

So your saying even a few slight adjustments to this program wont work for me? If I do this after 8 weeks I wont be Bigger/Stronger? is that what you mean?

Do the basic compound exercises first and make them 80% of the total sets. Then do whatever isolation work you want.

[quote]whatagoal wrote:
So your saying even a few slight adjustments to this program wont work for me? If I do this after 8 weeks I wont be Bigger/Stronger? is that what you mean?[/quote]

If you didn’t model this off a program that one of the authors here wrote then that is the first problem.

You want to get bigger and stronger. Sweet. That is great goal. What do you think is going to make you bigger and stronger squats and lunges or leg extensions and curls, bench presses or flies. Hopefully it is painfully obvious that the first choice in both example is the right choice. You might get results from what you posted, but they certainly aren’t going to be optimal. The 80% compound 20% isolation is a good rule of thumb to follow.