Feedback on Test Boosters

Apologies if this has been talked about before, which I assume it has. Just that the past few days the search function of the forum has not been working properly for me.

I was wondering if you guys could give me some feedback on the test boosters like TRIBEX? Are they just a placebo or has anyone seen any susbstantial results when on one of these products?

Cheers for any helpful info. Thinking about trying them out but would like some feedback before shelling out 30 quid.

Generally something that only has a reliable increase in older individuals and those with sub-normal testosterone levels. Unlikely to rise testosterone levels anywhere above the higher end of normal.

If you have the money then sure give it a go and stack alongside a ZMA product perhaps.

I remember looking into high dose avena sativa and nettle root extract a while back.

I think I have about 100g of 4:1 nettle root upstairs… meant to free up bound protein.

Maybe I will try it. :smiley:

[quote]benmoore wrote:
Generally something that only has a reliable increase in older individuals and those with sub-normal testosterone levels.[/quote]

I’m not sure where this rumor started, but I’ve seen plenty of guys with “normal” T levels get a nice boost from TRIBEX and Alpha Male. Many have documented there test results on this forum.

Of course, your not going to see the same results as when taking exogenous Testosterone, but I feel it’s definitely worth it for most guys.

I’m a 21 yr old male. I stacked AM, Rez V & ZMA for about 2 months and had good results. My lifts went up my sex drive was much higher.

Right now I’m kind of maintaining my weight, and I’m taking TRIBEX simply for the fact my energy levels seem to be higher when I take it. Also (maybe it’s a placebo effect) I tend to look more dry when taking a T booster.

[quote]Chip Duglass wrote:
I’m a 21 yr old male. I stacked AM, Rez V & ZMA for about 2 months and had good results. My lifts went up my sex drive was much higher.

Right now I’m kind of maintaining my weight, and I’m taking TRIBEX simply for the fact my energy levels seem to be higher when I take it. Also (maybe it’s a placebo effect) I tend to look more dry when taking a T booster.[/quote]

Again qualative results rather then quantative…

Could be due to a placebo effect - paying a large sum of money for some brightly coloured pills can play mind games.

Theres so many other factors to consider… I remember some people talking about how their urine was bright green or smelt funny when on HOT-ROX extreme… a little digging revealed they had just started the velocity diet… a massive change in diet and lifestyle.

Compare the sheer degree of studies that condtradict eachother on these supplements to studies on something like creatine monohydrate.

Im not saying it has no effect… I suspect it is minimal and will not take you beyond the higher end of normal however.

[quote]benmoore wrote:
Compare the sheer degree of studies that condtradict eachother on these supplements to studies on something like creatine monohydrate.[/quote]

This is likely because herbs such as Tribulus vary so greatly in terms of potency of active constituents and most studies don’t take this into consideration.

[quote]benmoore wrote:
Im not saying it has no effect… I suspect it is minimal and will not take you beyond the higher end of normal however.[/quote]

In other words, this is just your guess since you haven’t used the product?

[quote]ChrisKing wrote:
benmoore wrote:
Compare the sheer degree of studies that condtradict eachother on these supplements to studies on something like creatine monohydrate.

This is likely because herbs such as Tribulus vary so greatly in terms of potency of active constituents and most studies don’t take this into consideration.

benmoore wrote:
Im not saying it has no effect… I suspect it is minimal and will not take you beyond the higher end of normal however.

In other words, this is just your guess since you haven’t used the product?[/quote]

I have tried tribulus and a weaker avena sativa extract before. I did not feel any different and my lifts progressed at no greater rate then usual. I chose NOT to mention this before as I rate quantative over qualative any day.

EDIT: And just pulling the first resource to hand…

“Independent studies [6] have suggested that Tribulus terrestris extract slightly increases hormone levels, though leaving them in the normal range.”

Yes it was from wikipedia :stuck_out_tongue: I’ll go and dig out something more solid.

Hope you guys can do the same?

EDIT 2: Just realised that last bit sounded bitchy - just my way of saying: “studies please!”

I’ve consistently seen 220 to 250 point increases in Test whenever I’ve been tested before and several weeks after using TRIBEX, so I’m not overly concerned about what research on other products has shown.

I’ll take a 50% increase in test (over my baseline of about 500 Ng/dl) every time.

[quote]ChrisKing wrote:
I’ve consistently seen 220 to 250 point increases in Test whenever I’ve been tested before and several weeks after using TRIBEX, so I’m not overly concerned about what research on other products has shown.

I’ll take a 50% increase in test (over my baseline of about 500 Ng/dl) every time.[/quote]

Hmmmm I’ll sort out some blood tests and get some numbers of my own once Im back at maintenance. Will eat for 4 weeks at maintenance, take blood test and then repeat after 4-6 weeks of TRIBEX/Alpha Male or something similar.

I’m 25 and I had about a 50% increase in free test in 3 weeks. I was using Alpha Male, rev-z and zma though. Free test went from 72pg/ml to 105.2pg/ml

Thanks for the replys guys. benmoore if you could do those tests and put some feedback will be great. I will probs being trying out TRIBEX in 2 months or so and if I find/discover anything useful will be sure to post it. :slight_smile:

[quote]Opti12008 wrote:
Thanks for the replys guys. benmoore if you could do those tests and put some feedback will be great. I will probs being trying out TRIBEX in 2 months or so and if I find/discover anything useful will be sure to post it. :)[/quote]

Sure thing buddy. At the moment im coming up to the last week of my cut. This will be followed by a bridge of 4 weeks up to maintenance. Once Ive been eating at maintenance for 4 weeks so everything levels out I will begin these tests.

I’ve been training for roughly 15-20 years with the last 10 being very series and competitive. I have a very consistent diet and training schedule, so for me, it makes testing supplements very easy to see if they work (at least for me).

I’ve been taking TRIBEX and now Alpha Male off and on for nearly 10 years now. Does it work, yes, but for me it’s more on the subtle side. I wouldn’t go in thinking that it will be like taking anabolics or anything like that, but I suppose if someone has very low levels of free Test, it’s possible that they would get a nice little kick out of both products.

I’d say that either product will help with recovery slightly. It seems to work best with ZMA as numerous people have noted. I find for me that Alpha Male is a bit on the pricey side for what you get and that I’ve had very similar results in performance with the TRIBEX.

Now, that said, proper nutrition and sleep will go a lot farther than than taking any supplement. What I find with a lot of people is that they all of a sudden decide to eat better, eat more protein, drink more water, sleep more, etc, when they decide to take some new supplement or even drug, and the results always are skewed because you can’t be sure if it was the change in the other factors or the new supplement.

My recommendation is to figure a plan out nutritionally, get plenty of sleep, do that for 8 weeks and chart performance, then do the exact same thing with diet and sleep but then add a supplement for 8 weeks and compare performances with the first 8 week period.