Feedback on Self Prescribed Testosterone Replacement

That looks way down on the quad. I messed up once and went further down than where I normally pin. Took 8 days for it to clear up and was still tender. I pin about a hand width away from my hip (while sitting) and on the outer part of my quad. Note: if it goes in easily (pushing the syringe plunger in), good. It shouldn’t be sore. If it’s hard to push it in and takes “forever”, it’s going to be sore. At least that has been my experience.

1 Like

If you see the little round bruise on the top left, that’s where I pinned. Pinned my second one this morning, a little higher.

That’s about where I pinned and it hurt for 8 days. Like I said, I moved up to a hand width from my waist and it’s been great in both legs so far.

Nicked a vein for the first time in my left leg. Kinda scared me, but I moved over a little and did it again. No issue.

Good luck and report back.

Thanks for the hand width tip. I’ll use that from now on. Can’t really twist around to get to the glute and the wife doesn’t want to do it, so I’m stuck with quads.

You don’t need to inject IM. You can buy insulin syringes and inject SQ.

1 Like

Cellulitis
This must be 20 characters.

You need to do some reading.

Follow these links found here: ACTH 50.7 pg/ml (10.3 - 48.3)
advice for new guys
protocol for injections
finding a TRT doc

You can self inject with #29, 1/2" 0.5ml insulin syringes.
Inject twice a week and take anastrozole at time of injections
Inject quads where you can see and avoid veins
Do not inject inner muscle groups.
Also try SC injections on quads or belly.

You need to do these labs:
TT
FT
E2
CBC
hematocrit
PSA
TSH

Blood work on sale now at lef.com

Inflammation can be from:
poor injection technique
needles that are too large
UG gear

I’ve had all of those tests a series of times over the last year. Results to some are in my first post. I will post the most recent results later. I’m pretty sure this is 100% my fault. First time injecting, a little too low, pushed a little fast, just the right combo for a sore leg. KSman, just want to go ahead and say thanks for all the knowledge you’ve shared on here. Haven’t had time to read it all, but I’m working on it.

The syringes that I suggested will do a lot less damage and less pain.
Box of 100 for ~$14 at Walmart/SAMs. “Relion” house brand.

Thanks, I’ll try and get some. I don’t need a script for them do I?

In most US States and Canada, you do not need a script for insulin syringes. Some States restrict to Rx because of drug abuse. At that point you can order syringes on the WWW.

So, some stuff has come up and I will be needing to get full blood tests again. Not sure of exactly when yet, but hopefully there will be enough time for everything to clear my system. I pinned April 24th 250mg, 28th ~62.5mg and May 1st ~62.5mg. Any ideas about how long it should take to fully drop to previous levels?

TT and FT will drop a lot in 10 days, E2 and SHBG may linger. LH/FSH may be pooched.

I so love this place. I was wondering if I could get away with a 29g half inch. I was reading about damage from using such narrow gauges due to the high velocity of the oil being forced through. They recommended a 26g .5" I suspect all one needs to do to avoid that is to take your time and keep pressure low?

I use 29g 1/2" and have no issues.

This never happens and that statement probably came from Chrisler who shot his mouth off never having tried it.

With that needle and the viscosity of the oil, its impossible to inject quickly. So the problem does not exist. When injecting hCG [water], one simply does not try to inject really fast and peptide hormones [hCG, HGH etc]are fragile and loading and injecting should be slow to avoid [any possible] shear damage to the peptides.

Considering what both of my thighs feel like right now. you guys and your advice are saving me a lot of pain. I don’t mind giving my self shots but my muscles just don’t like having needles in them.

Ouch! Injecting the same spot over and over sounds a bit rough. Personally, I have my lady (who happens to be a nurse) rotate glutes, hams, hips and delts… read: 8 possible locations to stick that pin… giving a site 4-8wks to heal (depending on injection frequency).

I’ve never done it, but I’ve read that you can inject sub q with slin pins, which would save some pain. I typically use glutes and quads and the pain ameliorates with time - virgin muscle syndrome.