T Nation

Feedback on 4-Way Split?

Hey guys. I’m new here, been training for like 10 months, with bad gains.
I think that is because I have not been taking care of my nutrition. But I am going to fix that, I’m pretty skinny not very much mass so now when the christmas break starts im going to get back on track. I found an article with a template on how to build ur program. So I read it and i created this, choosing exercises that i like and are comfortable with.
So what do you think? :slight_smile:

Chest & Biceps

Bench press/dumbbell press 55 2-3 min rest
Incline Bench press/Incline Dumbbellpress 3
6-10 90sek rest
Cable crossover 412-20 45sek rest
BB-curl 4
5 2-3 min rest
Preacher curl 38-12 90sec rest
Hammer curl 3
10-15 45sec rest

Back & Abs
Pull-ups 4failure 2-3 min rest
T-bar row 4
6-10 2-3 min rest
Lat pulldown 38-12 90sec rest
Facepulls 4
10-15 45sec rest
Hanging leg raises 36-10 90sec rest
V-UP 3
fail 90sec rest

Shoulders, triceps & abs
Over head press 45 2-3 min rest
Dumbbell Lateral Raise 4
8-12 90sec rest
Rear delt dumbbell flyes 310-15 45sec rest
Lying tricep extension 3
6-10 90sec rest
Straight bar cable pushdown 38-12 90sec rest
Dumbbell kickback 3
10-15 ( up to 20 ) 45sec rest
Hanging leg raises 4*6-12 90sec rest

Quads, Hams, Calves
Back Squat 56-12 2-3 min rest
Leg extension 4
8-15 90sec rest
Stiff-legged deadlift 46-10 90sec rest
Lying leg curl 4
8-15 45sec rest
Smith machine calf press 46-12 90sec rest
Seated calf raise 3
10-15 45sec rest

//Wcanka

there was an article posted a couple of days ago with a decent 4 day split. You might want to check it out.

[quote]rds63799 wrote:
there was an article posted a couple of days ago with a decent 4 day split. You might want to check it out.[/quote]

Would appreciate if you could post an direct url to it
Thanks!

//Wcanka

This was taken from the recent article written by Dr. Clay Hyght (still on the front page). The funny part about this post is that the intent of his article was to provide people with a fool proof system so that they don’t have to question whether or not it is a good routine…

[quote]zonaguy10 wrote:
This was taken from the recent article written by Dr. Clay Hyght (still on the front page). The funny part about this post is that the intent of his article was to provide people with a fool proof system so that they don’t have to question whether or not it is a good routine…

[/quote]

Yeh brah, here it is; http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_article/most_recent/a_tried_and_true_bodybuilding_program_template

Then i will just assume i can use this :slight_smile:

Get shredded brah

You could have got it in 5 sec. point your mouse pointer to ARTICLES click on All, the recent ones are listed, the title was easy to identify.
ARTICLES is a tab at the top, you are welcome !

[quote]BHappy wrote:

You could have got it in 5 sec. point your mouse pointer to ARTICLES click on All the recent ones are listed, the title was easy to identify.
ARTICLES is a tab at the top, you are welcome ![/quote]

Yeh dude i know, i just posted it above… do you even read the posts b4 u answer?

There is a delay on the website. I did read it, and if your post was there i would not have wasted my time writing something for nothing.
Again, you are welcome !

one more thing guys, can i go to failure every set with this routine? :slight_smile:

Save it for the last sets IMO.

Well not really much to say at this point. It’s a perfectly fine program on paper since you took it as was written by an expert in the matter and plugged in suitable exercises. However, because we know nothing about you, your training and injury history, your possible mobility issues and imbalances and other critical individual characteristics, it is impossible for anyone here to say if this is a good program FOR YOU.

As I said, it looks good on paper. I think it’s a bit odd to train the abdominals twice per week but then again, this template was written by Clay Hyght, who is the man when it comes to bodybuilding. So the only thing for you to do would be to give it a try for at least a good 4 weeks (while eating properly) and then evaluate and adjust.

Best of luck.

Well he explained that for the power exercise, you want to ramp up the weight until rep speed is significantly reduced. For the strength, hypertrophy, and endurance type exercises, you want to leave one in the tank and maybe go to positive failure on the last set.