Evening All,

I have designed a new split program for myself which I plan to run till xmas time, 3 Days per week working on all major muscle groups!

The program looks ok to me but Members with alot more experience if you could share some Tips, Hints and Adjustments would be kindly appreciated by myself!

Once It’s ready to go I shall get a few tests done, Calculate loads and get 1RM etc - also performance photos taken! Before and Afters!

My Aim: Tone, Strength and Bulk in size!

Program Length: from now till xmas

Cardin Work: Will be done each/various days at end of workout doing some rowing or running!

Ab Work: Will be done every single workout session at the gym, Various exercises each time!

Workout One - Chest and Back + Abs
Exercise Sets/Rep
Bench Press 4 x 8
Incline Press 3 x 8
Dumbbell Flyes 3 x 10
Cable Cross Overs 3 x 8
Push Overs 3 x 8
Bent-over Row 3 x 10
Seated Row 3 x 10
Lat Pull Downs 3 x 8
Assisted Pull Ups 3 x 10

Workout Two - Legs and Shoulders + Abs
Exercise Sets/Reps
Shoulder Press 4 x 8
Dumbbell Shrugs 3 x 8
Dumbbell Lateral Raises 3 x 10
Dumbbell Front Raise 3 x 10
Leg Curl 3 x 10
Leg Extension 3 x 10
Barbell Squats or Zercher Squat 3 x 10
Free Lunges 3 x 10
Calve Raises 2 x MAX

Workout Three - Bi�??s and Tri�??s + Abs
Exercise Sets/Reps
Seated Dumbbell Curl 3 x 8
Barbell Curl 3 x 8
Seated Hammer Curl 3 x 8
Preacher Curl 3 x 8
Burn Out 1 x MAX
Rope Pressdown 4 x 8
Dumbbell Extension 4 x 8
Close Grip Bench 3 x 10
Tricep Dips 2 x MAX

As I said at the top if anyone would like to share Tips, Hints or Adjustments to this please feel free! I want as much feedback as possible?

Thanks Again,
What A Goal!

For that much volume per muscle group the intensity has to be shit, do 25-50 reps per muscle group

Devoting one third of your overall workout time to training very small muscles like bi/tri while having the same workout time for nearly 50% of your body is just wrong

Doing such a split while training 3 days per week is extremely unproductive

“Tone, Strength and Bulk in size” are 3 different goals, chose one at a time and follow it through

When training 3x/week you either do TBW each time or maybe rotate 2xupper/1xlower with 1xupper/2xlower weeks

You will not get strong on this program. I am not really sure where to begin. This program sucks balls, whatever your goals are. Before I offer advice what makes you think this is good? This isn’t a rhetorical question, I really want to know what makes you think it is ok, so that I that can help you understand why is not good.

Basic info here. Bench, Deadlift, and Squat. Then pick like 2 secondary exercises to follow those and you’ll be fine. (along with a bi’s/ tri’s day) Like this :

Chest/Back : Bench 3 x 8
Incline 3 x 8
Decline or Flyes 3 x 8

Deadlift 3 x 8
         Bent Rows 3 x 8

Pull ups or pulldowns 3 x 8

Legs: Squat 3 x 8
Leg Press 3 x 8
Hamstring curl 3 x 8
Calf Raises… I just go really heavy on calf raises…

and on bi’s and tri’s day just have 3 exercises for each, because you already work them some on chest/back day. Good luck

[quote]Petrichor wrote:
For that much volume per muscle group the intensity has to be shit, do 25-50 reps per muscle group[/quote]
Volume?..Would 25-50 Reps not be Heavy Muscular Endurance?

[quote]Petrichor wrote:
Devoting one third of your overall workout time to training very small muscles like bi/tri while having the same workout time for nearly 50% of your body is just wrong

Doing such a split while training 3 days per week is extremely unproductive[/quote]
True, I do understand this and where your coming from here, Something I never thought about really my mistake. I only have 3 days spare a week to train at the gym, What should I work on what days then or Should I just do upper and lowers?

[quote]Pemdas wrote:
You will not get strong on this program. I am not really sure where to begin. This program sucks balls, whatever your goals are. Before I offer advice what makes you think this is good? This isn’t a rhetorical question, I really want to know what makes you think it is ok, so that I that can help you understand why is not good. [/quote]
As I said in my first post, It seems ok to me but *others with experience could help" I dont alot of experience thats why I posted it here! I thought I had put a good selection of Exercises Size Builders etc and I had covered All major muscles within the week! Chest/back - Lower - Arms (Everything seemed covered)

[quote]flipHKD_6 wrote:
Basic info here. Bench, Deadlift, and Squat. Then pick like 2 secondary exercises to follow those and you’ll be fine. (along with a bi’s/ tri’s day) Like this :
[/quote]
Hmmmmmmmmmmm, I done thin on the program but I never put in Dead lift, Chest/back - Lower - Arms (Everything seemed covered)… What I think your saying here is do 3 Exercises Each workout session??

Thanks Guys!!

[quote]whatagoal wrote:

Volume?..Would 25-50 Reps not be Heavy Muscular Endurance?
[/quote]
A total of 25-reps per muscle group

e.g. 5 sets of 5 reps (“5x5”) backsquat means you hit your Legs with a total of 25 reps

doing 10 sets of 3 reps (“10x3”) means a total of 30 reps

so basically that means you would do 5 sets of 5 reps on the BB bench (->25reps) and because you might have problems in your lockout you do some extra work on the tri’s afterwards like 3x8 skullcrushers (->total of 49 reps for tri) (just an example !)

Lifting 3 days/week is absolutely ok, but you have to do it right

A very good beginners program with lots of additional information like WHY you do things a certain way can be found at the “Arms & Abs” site :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

if you have more specific questions be sure to ask

Ah Ok Thanks, I understand Volume! Would it be Ideal for 25-50 Reps for every exercise?

27 Exercises per week is pretty high unless you’re on gear. You’ve got a heck of a lot of curling and pressing in there, and doing 9 exercises in one day is going to kill your intensity big time. At the very least, you need to cut out some of the fluff and duplication. I tried to fix your program but it’s really too messed up. You’re going to want to scrap it, and either select a good one from this site, or read a bunch of the design articles.

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=459276

This has alot of exercises! 29 a week!

Could you design one!

[quote]whatagoal wrote:
http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=459276

This has alot of exercises! 29 a week!

Could you design one![/quote]

[quote]whatagoal wrote:
Ah Ok Thanks, I understand Volume! Would it be Ideal for 25-50 Reps for every exercise? [/quote]

That’s not a beginner program and the 25-50 reps guidline was per body part, not per exercise.

You were given a suitable routine a couple of posts back. Look for the link. It takes you to Marc Ripptoe’s Starting Strength program. It’s the best general purpose beginner program out there.

Go back and read Petrichor’s last post.

Stu

http://www.T-Nation.com/readArticle.do?id=1701042&cr=bodybuilding

http://www.T-Nation.com/readArticle.do?id=1702383&cr=bodybuilding

read.

-dreads