T Nation

Feedback for Beginner Lifter

just wanted to get some feedback on my lifts and how well the stand to my weight
i am a 23 year old male, been lifting going on 2 years now, i weigh 220lbs

my deadlift max 1 rep is 405
max bench 4 reps is 225
max clean is 180
max db shoulder press is 65-70
max 1 rep squat is 365-370 ( depends on how much energy i have)

any feedback is welcome as well as tips to get these numbers higher
thanks all

I reckon you understand your post is pretty vague so all I can do is make some very basic recommendations.

First, it doesn’t matter what program you’re on if your form sucks. I highly recommend you have someone experience in PL to look over your lifts and/or post your vids on this site and have your form analyzed and critiqued.

Once your form is at least somewhat acceptable, then we can talk about programming. Pick something tried and true and basic. Something like 5/3/1, starting strength, or Westside for Skinny bastards. I wouldn’t recommend Westside Barbell methodology until you have at minimum a couple of years of experience under your belt unless you have people experienced in this method carefully guiding you.

As far as how good your numbers are for your weight, who cares. Just compete against yourself and do the best you can.

People will need more information before they give you feedback:

• Your current programming.
  • Your current rate of progression (are you stalled?).
  • If stalled, what your diet/rest/recovery are like.
  • What your lifts actually look like (i.e. video for a form check).

Based on the feedback, the only advice I could give is, “to improve, do better at whatever it is you need to improve,” which is a vague response to a non-descriptive first post. So, perhaps just give more info.

You might find this helpful. Most of your lifts are around a Class III or IV level which is pretty standard since that represents 1-2 years of serious lifting experience.

http://rawpowerlifting.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Lifter-Classifications.pdf

Good luck with your training. Best thing to do is partner up with somebody stronger than you and work as hard as shit consistently and you will see progress.

[quote]Tim Henriques wrote:
You might find this helpful. Most of your lifts are around a Class III or IV level which is pretty standard since that represents 1-2 years of serious lifting experience.

http://rawpowerlifting.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Lifter-Classifications.pdf

Good luck with your training. Best thing to do is partner up with somebody stronger than you and work as hard as shit consistently and you will see progress.[/quote]

I was actually about to post a link like that you posted a while ago for this thread and saw it was gone. I’m glad you’ve put a revised one up. Thanks.