T Nation

Feds 'Demand' Your Passwords...

Move along. Nothing to see here....

I really should be outraged, but when people can't even tell you that America is a republic, or know what a right is, I know hope is lost.

My only solace is they already know I'm a gun loving, conservative with a mean pervert streak...

What could they possibly learn with my password?

All of your email correspondence, all of your contact information, all of your offshore banking and financial information, all of your private notes and blogs, all of your calendar information, your entire search history, all of your Internet purchase transactions, and everything else on your computer, if it's connected to a network.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Great, way to ruin my Friday... :wink:

Good find.

The problem is that America and Americans now believe in FDR's "four freedoms" instead of natural rights or even the rights allowed in the Constitution.

The "four freedoms," in FDR's mind:
1. Freedom of speech and expression
2. Freedom of every person to worship God in his own way
3. Freedom from want
4. Freedom from fear

It doesn't take a genius to see that numbers 3 and 4 are unachievable, but pretty much any law can be justified under the guise of satisfying them. When you add unwinnable, permanent wars(drugs, terror, whatever) to that list of freedoms, you can see how easily America was transformed into what it is now.

Benjamin Franklin: "Those Who Sacrifice Liberty For Security Deserve Neither."
It's basically turned into a 1984 Orwellian State. I think people wanted free handouts so they voted in dictators that would promise them such. Shame, USA was the best country on Earth/history in terms of freedom/economics etc. At least it started a good model on how countries should be built. Now it's just a big Detroit waiting to blow lol.

I would argue that it has turned into a 1985 Burgessian state. If you haven't read 1985, I would recommend it. Burgess (who of course also wrote A Clockwork Orange) paints a picture of a dystopian Britain with even more parallels to our current society than even Orwell or Huxley did.

The closest yet, though, is perhaps the incompetent totalitarian bureaucracy depicted in the brilliantly prescient satirical film Brazil.

I'm in the middle of Huxley now... Will add 1985 to the list.

Thank you.