Fedor?

I disagree with slack I think he kills OSP and if he gets past Gus’ reach then he destroys him

Oops! That is a thing I said, not Jack. He wouldn’t make such claims as easy.
He just pointed out the counter puncher is the perfect victim for feints.

Btw I would say OSP would need at least 2 years to step up his game to beat fedor.

IF Fedor comes back as a light heavy I see them giving him 2 fights before a belt one of which has a HUGE name value, but very beatable in Shogun and then a up and comer in the top 5-8 in OSP then he gets his title fight before Father time or any other fighter gets his chance to beat Fedor. This way it adds to two guys resume as all time greats or builds a star of the future

[quote]BigEasy24 wrote:
IF Fedor comes back as a light heavy I see them giving him 2 fights before a belt one of which has a HUGE name value, but very beatable in Shogun and then a up and comer in the top 5-8 in OSP then he gets his title fight before Father time or any other fighter gets his chance to beat Fedor. This way it adds to two guys resume as all time greats or builds a star of the future [/quote]

Yes, he’s almost rid the UFC of wrestlers and turned it into a virtual kickboxing game (not quite). Yes, he’s made McGregor a champion without ever facing a wrestler who was actually in shape. Yes he’s turned Rousy into a household name…now who did she actually beat that was all that good?

But even Dana White the great manipulator and will have a difficult time turning Fedor into a title contender.

lets see he made Jon Jones look better by giving him Chael Sonnen after Vitor Belfort who are Middleweights without either of them really have fought at 205 in quite some time. Believe me, the money that he would gain just by having Fedor fight a few times into a title fight would help him spin any angle. Dana is just Ass hurt that Fedor’s management ruined the two greatest revenue creating fights ever in Fedor Vs. Couture and Lesnar respectively

[quote]BigEasy24 wrote:
lets see he made Jon Jones look better by giving him Chael Sonnen after Vitor Belfort who are Middleweights without either of them really have fought at 205 in quite some time. Believe me, the money that he would gain just by having Fedor fight a few times into a title fight would help him spin any angle. Dana is just Ass hurt that Fedor’s management ruined the two greatest revenue creating fights ever in Fedor Vs. Couture and Lesnar respectively [/quote]

The funny part is that the typical fan sits by their TV drooling at whatever crap Dana White puts before them. Not a thought in their head regarding the amount of manipulation that goes into each fight. Dana White can predict with about a 95% accuracy who is going to win each fight. He makes matches almost solely based on how much more money the UFC can make, not who deserves a title shot.

He and the UFC are starting to make me sick to my stomach!

Are you saying you believe fights are fixed?

[quote]BigEasy24 wrote:
Are you saying you believe fights are fixed?
[/quote]

No, I do not believe fights are fixed as in there is an exact predetermined winner. But, if you manipulate enough variables surrounding the fight you pretty much know who is going to win.

For example, There are a number of things that Dana The Manipulator White can do:

1. He will hold a fight in the country of the person whom he wants to win. Home town support.

2. He will bring in someone with a big name to fight who is actually not in shape. We saw that with McGregor’s most recent opponent. And why did he want McGregor to win? Irish pay per view dollars and of course he is a colorful fighter that people will pay to see. Why wasn’t Edgar given the shot vs McGregor? He might have beaten him that’s why.

3. Jon Fitch told me personally that they would play with his entry music, sometimes it would be an entirely different song than the one he chose. A small thing you may think but one more thing to play with the fighters head.

4. The biggest and most prominent dressing/training rooms are also handed out to those whom White wants to win. Again a subtle thing but those things add up.

5. Subtly moving out as many wrestlers as possible and not signing any more because apparently the fans like to see slugfests rather than ground battles.

6. Making sure that really good stand-up guys never have to face a really good wrestler. It happens but it’s now quite rare.

7. Telling the fighters that if they don’t fight for peanuts someone else will and they lose their chance forever. This one is not about who is going to win, it’s about manipulating fighters for more profits.

8. Giving easy fights to those whom he wants to climb the ladder.

There are a number of things this man does in order to get the outcome that he wants. Granted he does not do this with every fight. But if someone is decent and he wants them to be champion there are most likely going to be champion.

Here’s some advice for all who bet the fights. First think who does Dana White want to win…then bet on that person! About 95% of the time you’ll win money. As I said he doesn’t always have a favorite. Sometimes matches are made where White wins no matter who wins the actual fight, so there is no way to predict it. But many times it’s very transparent.

This is what happens when you have a monopoly. And why I was upset when they bought PRIDE. Everyone was happy that they could finally see the PRIDE fighters vs the UFC fighters. I told them then that if White gets a monopoly the game will suffer and it did. And those thinking Bellator or WSF are close competitors better think again.

Dana White is a greedy manipulator of the highest order. His tactics are an open book to those of us who have watched and studied his techniques and have also talked to the fighters themselves.

yes I agree enough Variables can be changed to almost ensure the desired result, What needs to happen to stop Dana White’s shit is one of two things. 1 A fighter’s union to reinsure that things like the reebok deal are what the fighters want. or the UFC’s closest competition weather it be Bellator, WSOF, OneFc needs to file bankruptcy and use competitive balance as the suit against the UFC especially if multiple companies from this list have to file together in a class action lawsuit stating a monopoly on wage income

[quote]BigEasy24 wrote:
yes I agree enough Variables can be changed to almost ensure the desired result, What needs to happen to stop Dana White’s shit is one of two things. 1 A fighter’s union to reinsure that things like the reebok deal are what the fighters want. or the UFC’s closest competition weather it be Bellator, WSOF, OneFc needs to file bankruptcy and use competitive balance as the suit against the UFC especially if multiple companies from this list have to file together in a class action lawsuit stating a monopoly on wage income
[/quote]

I do not disagree with you on either point. But, the possibility of either of those things happening are quite slim. White has a death grip on MMA and it doesn’t look like anything will change that in the foreseeable future.

idk The New York Culinary Union have kept him at bay in New York for quite some time…he may have no choice but to give in if a combination of super stars like the Rousey Jones and etc. say they will boycott until they get their collective ways

[quote]BigEasy24 wrote:
idk The New York Culinary Union have kept him at bay in New York for quite some time…he may have no choice but to give in if a combination of super stars like the Rousey Jones and etc. say they will boycott until they get their collective ways[/quote]

First off the person that was keeping MMA out of New York Sheldon Silver the powerful head of the Assembly has been indicted on bribery charges. So, I think New York will be opening up soon.

As for Rousey or any of the other big names that Dana White has actually taken care of, don’t look for a rebellion from them. They know which side that their bread is buttered.

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]BigEasy24 wrote:
idk The New York Culinary Union have kept him at bay in New York for quite some time…he may have no choice but to give in if a combination of super stars like the Rousey Jones and etc. say they will boycott until they get their collective ways[/quote]

First off the person that was keeping MMA out of New York Sheldon Silver the powerful head of the Assembly has been indicted on bribery charges. So, I think New York will be opening up soon.

As for Rousey or any of the other big names that Dana White has actually taken care of, don’t look for a rebellion from them. They know which side that their bread is buttered. [/quote]

Perhaps not, but it takes a fighter with that kind of pull to keep a movement going…the Jason highs and Ben Askren’s aren’t enough to make headway

looks like cartoon

[quote]gulfcoast wrote:
looks like cartoon

[/quote]

I think Hong Man Choo is like 7’6 he’s about the same height as Semi Schilt

[quote]BigEasy24 wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]BigEasy24 wrote:

As for Rousey or any of the other big names that Dana White has actually taken care of, don’t look for a rebellion from them. They know which side that their bread is buttered. [/quote]

Perhaps not, but it takes a fighter with that kind of pull to keep a movement going…the Jason highs and Ben Askren’s aren’t enough to make headway [/quote]

I totally agree with you.

Interesting you mentioned Ben Askren, one of, if not THE best wrestlers to ever fight MMA. Why do you think Dana White did not sign him?

It has to do with something that I said in an earlier post. White is convinced the only way to please the majority of the AMA fans is to keep the game standing as much as possible. Therefore, Askren who is a real talent was not even considered by Dana White to fight in the UFC.

So, when you think of the UFC don’t think that they are the best of the best they most assuredly are not. That isn’t to say that they don’t have some of the best at certain weight classes, they do. But when you have such a bias against wrestlers you are never going to have every weight class with the very best.

Once again, a sign of Dana White’s manipulation of the sport.

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]BigEasy24 wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]BigEasy24 wrote:

Perhaps not, but it takes a fighter with that kind of pull to keep a movement going…the Jason highs and Ben Askren’s aren’t enough to make headway [/quote]

Interesting you mentioned Ben Askren, one of, if not THE best wrestlers to ever fight MMA. Why do you think Dana White did not sign him?

It has to do with something that I said in an earlier post. White is convinced the only way to please the majority of the AMA fans is to keep the game standing as much as possible. Therefore, Askren who is a real talent was not even considered by Dana White to fight in the UFC.

So, when you think of the UFC don’t think that they are the best of the best they most assuredly are not. That isn’t to say that they don’t have some of the best at certain weight classes, they do. But when you have such a bias against wrestlers you are never going to have every weight class with the very best.

[/quote]
the stand up has a factor, but I think it’s more of the aura of the UFC. the best of the best…Askren coming from Bellator was called boring by white for his lack of finishes, but how bad is it if he comes over and is a more dominant version of Jon Fitch when he kept Fitch from a GSP rematch even like 8 straight wins? Bellator would gain more from it then anyone else… The only exception is Avalrez because of his style. All the other guys have come orgs, being bought out by UFC like Pride, Strikeforce, WEC, and RFA.

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]BigEasy24 wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]BigEasy24 wrote:

[/quote]

I think the reason Askren’s stock isn’t higher in MMA is due to his tendency to win via Decision earlier in his career (ala Jon Fitch). Lately though he has been finishing people, so if he keeps it up that should change regardless of White’s shenanigans. Dana is all about the money, as you noted, so if he thinks he can cash in on PPV buys for an Askren title run you can bet he’ll find a way to sign him.

As for calling Askren THE best wrestler to ever compete in MMA, I would disagree, but I will say that his style of wrestling has transitioned to MMA exceptionally well.

A question for my own education:

I am neither a critic or supporter of Dana White, but, I follow MMA very closely, in fact, MMA is second only to American football with the American military. A huge, huge following. So, who could lead the UFC or “MMA” better? Who would be a better leader?

Pretty hard to anwser…

There has to be a balance between the commercial succes and the fighters interest. I can tell you a fighter who retired, but chances are they know sh*t about business. And most slick business men wouldn’t care too much about fighters.

Maybe a triumvirate of fighters and a business men?