Fedor...Cyborg?

[quote]danreeves1973 wrote:
Is there a heavyweight in the world right now who could be a legitimate threat to Fedor?

And if you could pick his next opponent, who would make it the most interesting, best fight to watch?

My pick…

Arlovski vs Fedor.

Mark Hunt vs Fedor.

[/quote]

I think Aleksander would have the best shot, seeing as how he trains with him and Fedor mentions how Alex beats on him pretty bad from time to time. But that will never happen, both said they would never fight each other if striking was involved. I think Mark Hunt will be Fedor’s next target, and his ground game will negate Hunt’s hard ass head.

On a side note, I think it would be pretty neat (though highly unlikely) if Alex fought Arlovski in UFC. Both brothers could rule heavyweight MMA.

I don’t know how he didn’t break his neck. That was an extreme angle, pretty much the worst way to land from a throw like that. Randleman had his bodyweight behind it too.

Amazing. Probably the biggest, flash hit i’ve ever seen.

Doesn’t Fedor claim that his brother [don’t remember his name] beats on him when they spar?

Arlovski is good, but he’s UFC good. He is no where near Fedors level. Hunt would be an interesting fight but I still think Fedor would take him. I’d realy like to see Kharatonov fight Fedor. THe guy has serious talent. I forsee Alstar Overiem getting trounced this Pride. What I would REALY like to see is Don Frye come out from K-1, train his ass off, and fight Fedor.

La’
Redsol1

Is there a heavyweight in the world right now who could be a legitimate threat to Fedor?

And if you could pick his next opponent, who would make it the most interesting, best fight to watch?

My pick…

Arlovski vs Fedor.

Mark Hunt vs Fedor.

[/quote]

Kharitonov on top of Semmy Schilt.

La’
Redsol1

“The Predator” Don Frye -vs- Mark Coleman

La’
REdsol1

[quote]redsol1 wrote:
Arlovski is good, but he’s UFC good. He is no where near Fedors level. Hunt would be an interesting fight but I still think Fedor would take him. I’d realy like to see Kharatonov fight Fedor. THe guy has serious talent. I forsee Alstar Overiem getting trounced this Pride. What I would REALY like to see is Don Frye come out from K-1, train his ass off, and fight Fedor.

La’
Redsol1

Is Frye still acknowledged as being potentially a top level fighter? I dont get the chance to see too much MMA these days but I was under the impression that most people reckoned that this generation of fighters were much better than the old guard.

That said, Don was probably my favourite MMA fighter ever along with Frank Shamrock, Liddell and Couture. You couldn’t help but respect the way he stood and traded with Abbott out of pure stubborness, hung in there despite getting badly bloodied up and pulled out the win.

Cheers for posting those videos lads.

That Zulu “fight” was brutal. I think he tried to smile after that, but it seems like it was hurting him more than the Randleman slam did. Anyone notice he actually looked a bit like a Terminator with the red, bloodied eye thing when he was walking away right after the Fujita fight?

[quote]Gatti wrote:
redsol1 wrote:

La’
Redsol1

Is Frye still acknowledged as being potentially a top level fighter? I dont get the chance to see too much MMA these days but I was under the impression that most people reckoned that this generation of fighters were much better than the old guard.

That said, Don was probably my favourite MMA fighter ever along with Frank Shamrock, Liddell and Couture. You couldn’t help but respect the way he stood and traded with Abbott out of pure stubborness, hung in there despite getting badly bloodied up and pulled out the win.[/quote]

Don’s last fight (to My knowedge) was 12/2004. His last couple of fights didn’t go his way.

You also have to respect the fact that he didn’t tap to Yoshita’s arm-bar, he took the broken and and a ref stoppage.

La’
REdsol1

[quote]HvRv wrote:
Well that stunt that randelman did is basic wrestling move and if you know how to act on it, it doesn’t hurt at all. It’s win situation in wrestling 'couse the opponent is on the back, but in PRIDE it’s just another exhibition move. The real job is to finish the man after the suplex (name of the move) wich randelman failed to do…[/quote]

How about you let me and a few other guys around here suplex you a few times so you can teach us, Mr. Basic Wrestling Guru?

Pretty cool

My pick…

Arlovski vs Fedor.

Mark Hunt vs Fedor.

[/quote]

Mirco is the only threat I can think of.

And I’d love to see Fedor vs Sakuraba.

[quote]Jake Lonefox wrote:
danreeves1973 wrote:

My pick…

Arlovski vs Fedor.

Mark Hunt vs Fedor.

[/quote]

Fedor’s beaten Crocop once. Was by decision so Crocop apparantly could go the distance with him. Perhaps a rematch is in the future.

Sakuraba would make a great fight

Crap!!!

Fedor is actually not a cyborg! He will undergo hand surgery and will have to rest it for 6 months :frowning:

Next thing they’ll tell me is that Santa isn’t real.

[/quote]

Sak/Fedor would be interesting to say the least, but what do you have against Saku?!?! Fighting Fedor would be the last nail in his coffin just when he’s figuring out he shouldn’t fight heavyweights. I thought Saku/Minowa at Shockwave was a great fight. We can expect a couple of more good years out of Saku if he sticks in his weightclass or drops and goes to Bushido.

la’
Redsol1

Jake Lonefox wrote:
danreeves1973 wrote:

My pick…

Arlovski vs Fedor.

Mark Hunt vs Fedor.

Fedor’s beaten Crocop once. Was by decision so Crocop apparantly could go the distance with him. Perhaps a rematch is in the future.

[/quote]

Yeah, Fedor vs Mirko was pretty even. Mirko has great defense.

And yes, Fedor is a fucken cyborg, though he seems like a really nice guy with good values. The pictures with him and his daughter are cute.

[quote]wressler125 wrote:
I think I saw him smile once after an exhibition spar with his brother. I had nightmares, and it wasn’t because of ZMA that night.[/quote]

That’s pretty funny

[quote]Jake Lonefox wrote:
danreeves1973 wrote:
Jake Lonefox wrote:
danreeves1973 wrote:

Mark Hunt vs Fedor.

[/quote]

I will have to say Crocop will loose again against Fedor in a rematch, and will probably loose in a more worst way. From looking at the first fight and also the fight with Crocop and Hunt, it looks like Cropcop is somewhat mentally shaken up. Crocop certainly has great defense though. Fedor v. Sak is definitely a waste of time. I really don’t want to see Sak get beat up badly. Hunt is tough but not skillful enough, but this guy’s got really good potential. Now, I wonder if Fedor can take out Bob Sapp as fast as he took out Zulu. In any case, this guy Fedor is one incredible fighter/athlete, amazingly talented.

I wonder if Sapp would fight him. Sapp’s last few fights have not been against stellar opponents. Nog and Fujita both beat him, Fedor beat both of them.

Be great to watch though.

[quote]oriensus wrote:
Jake Lonefox wrote:
danreeves1973 wrote:
Jake Lonefox wrote:
danreeves1973 wrote:

Mark Hunt vs Fedor.

I will have to say Crocop will loose again against Fedor in a rematch, and will probably loose in a more worst way. From looking at the first fight and also the fight with Crocop and Hunt, it looks like Cropcop is somewhat mentally shaken up. Crocop certainly has great defense though. Fedor v. Sak is definitely a waste of time. I really don’t want to see Sak get beat up badly. Hunt is tough but not skillful enough, but this guy’s got really good potential. Now, I wonder if Fedor can take out Bob Sapp as fast as he took out Zulu. In any case, this guy Fedor is one incredible fighter/athlete, amazingly talented. [/quote]

Yes, it will take some time and training for Mirko to get back. I thought he’d make short work of Hunt. That Mark Hunt fellow is interesting. He has great potential. I liked his roundhouse :wink:

Theres no doubt who’d win if Fedor fought Saku, his ground defense is simply too good. But I think it might be a fun fight. Sakuraba is never boring.
And I believe Fedor would finnish Bob Sapp pretty fast. Sapps stamina sucks.

Another one who has potential is the english young guy, I forgot his name.