Fedor/Arlovski Promo Vid

[quote]kaisermetal22 wrote:
Sentoguy wrote:

I agree that Big Nog’s past performances made him one of the best HW’s in the world, but recently he hasn’t looked all that impressive. Age is definitely starting to catch up with him (along with all those wars he was in). ATM, I don’t think he deserves the spot over Mir or Arlovski.

Age? the guy is only 32, but his body has taken its toll, fighting a 4th fight with fedor would be asking to be killed.

He doesn’t have reflexes anymore, if you watch his last 3 fights he got knocked-down like 2 times each fight at least, he can’t keep using the “iron-chin” tactic anymore, everyone always talks wonders about Minotauro boxing but those last fights he was a moving target.

He didn’t connect one punch at Frank Mir, and to be honest, i was pretty shocked too, and he wasn’t even able to take it to the ground.[/quote]

He was recovering from a staph infection. He’ll be back.

[quote]kaisermetal22 wrote:
Sentoguy wrote:

I agree that Big Nog’s past performances made him one of the best HW’s in the world, but recently he hasn’t looked all that impressive. Age is definitely starting to catch up with him (along with all those wars he was in). ATM, I don’t think he deserves the spot over Mir or Arlovski.

Age? the guy is only 32, but his body has taken its toll, fighting a 4th fight with fedor would be asking to be killed.
[/quote]

Ok, I should have said “ring age”.

[quote]
He doesn’t have reflexes anymore, if you watch his last 3 fights he got knocked-down like 2 times each fight at least, he can’t keep using the “iron-chin” tactic anymore, everyone always talks wonders about Minotauro boxing but those last fights he was a moving target.

He didn’t connect one punch at Frank Mir, and to be honest, i was pretty shocked too, and he wasn’t even able to take it to the ground.[/quote]

True, in fact the only time it did go to the ground, Mir took it there. If it’s true what Guns said about him recovering from a staph infection, that would help to explain his performance in that fight.

But really, since he’s been in the UFC, he almost got beat by Herring, didn’t look all that impressive against Silvia until he submitted him, and got tooled on by Mir.

I’d love to see him come back with a vengence and regain his former glory, but I honestly just think his best fighting days are behind him. And I’d rather not see him hang in there too long and wind up with significant brain damage.

They are having a Fedor mini-documentary on Fox Sports Network tonight.

Over the course of the past several months, M-1 USA Vice President Jerry Millen has received unprecedented access to former PRIDE and current WAMMA heavyweight champion Fedor Emelianenko.

The fruits of Millen?s labor will be on display Tuesday night when Fox Sports Net premieres the thirty minute documentary, Fedor: Baddest Man on the Planet (check local listings for time and availability).

Much of the footage that will be seen in the FSN documentary was filmed by Millen and his crew.

[quote]GhorigTheBeefy wrote:
The only good HW competition besides Fedor is in the UFC atm so nobody else matters.
[/quote]

HW List (no particular order):
Fedor
Lesnar (unfortunately, it physically pains me to put him up here)
Overeem
Alex
Barnett
Big Nog
[/quote]

You’ve got two people from the UFC in your top six. One of them, Big Nog, Fedor already beat twice. That leaves Lesnar to fight in the UFC and two guys (Barnett and Overeem) outside of it.

Your MMA math doesn’t add up. Just because you beat somebody that has beat top condition doesn’t make you best. Otherwise Forrest Griffin was #1 LHW because he beat Shogun and Rashad is now #1 because he beat Forrest who beat Shogun and Rampage. Now Rashad may eventually be #1 but you can see how this argument doesn’t work well can’t you?
[/quote]

I didn’t use MMA math. The fact that Werdum has submitted Overeem and Alexsander Emelianenko is an indication that he is a good fighter. You call Werdum a “can,” but that can beat two of your top six heavyweights.

And I don’t think Arlovski will win this fight. Never said so in my post.

Anyone know if there is any way to watch this fight in the UK, either live or repeated? Or am I doomed to be scratting around on the internet for it?!

[quote]Roundhead wrote:
Anyone know if there is any way to watch this fight in the UK, either live or repeated? Or am I doomed to be scratting around on the internet for it?![/quote]

Yes there is. Bravo is showing the Affliction card, in the old UFC slot, at 9 pm on Sunday.

[quote]Mr90210 wrote:
Roundhead wrote:
Anyone know if there is any way to watch this fight in the UK, either live or repeated? Or am I doomed to be scratting around on the internet for it?!

Yes there is. Bravo is showing the Affliction card, in the old UFC slot, at 9 pm on Sunday.

[/quote]
Yeah, glad its on tv. Tired of having to download these shows. It sucks Bravo couldnt show the last Affliction event but, still, this is going to be great!

I CANT WAIT!!! Have you seen Fedor - the badest man on the planet? What a motivating shit…

I immediatly wanted to start training again although i was already beat up from muay thai und drunk form post-workout-meal-post-drinking.

Fedor will win that i am sure, although arlovski has got a real chance…

I have been watching my collection of UFC and PRIDE DVDs for some time now. I am up to UFC 28 and what do I see? Andrei Orlovski. I guess I didn’t realize he had been around that long. Also kind of funny that they kept misspelling his name.

Isn’t orlovski one brand of vodka?