Fedor - Arlovski October 11

Looks like The Last Emperor and The Pitbull will face each other on the next Affliction card.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/4879/fedor-emelianenko-vs-andrei-arlovski-to-headline-oct-11-affliction-show.mma

Arlovski will be a better matchup than Sylvia (I sure hope so), and if anyone can hang with Fedor, it would be Arlovski, but Fedor will still come away victorious.

Armbar submission, second round for Fedor.

I think that if Arlovski comes prepared, he might have the skill to hang with Fedor. But I don’t think he’s got the chin.

I just seriously hope that Arlovski comes to win, and not to simply not lose (like how he fought Werdum). Because he’s probably got as good a shot as any heavyweight out there right now of pulling off a win over Fedor (though still probably not a good one).

[quote]Sentoguy wrote:
Because he’s probably got as good a shot as any heavyweight out there right now of pulling off a win over Fedor (though still probably not a good one).[/quote]

That’s because the chance of any heavyweight beating Fedor is roughly equal to the chance that Fedor knocks himself out. That said, this isn’t impossible, which is why we admire perfection so much.

Fedor will win this easily, Arlovski doesn’t present any new challenges for him. Barnett does, and I will be still looking forward to that match.

There aren’t too many talented heavyweights, are there? Fedor’s pretty much beat everyone worthwhile.

[quote]Donut62 wrote:
Fedor will win this easily, Arlovski doesn’t present any new challenges for him. Barnett does, and I will be still looking forward to that match.[/quote]

• infinity squared

For the love of god make Fedor/Barnett happen already!

I love Fedor as much as anyone, but I hope his aura of invincibility fades, because I’d like to see the real Fedor fans rather than the awe of people acting like they are in the presence of a demi-God.

One of these days, he’ll get tagged with a stray punch and he’ll go down. Then I’m just waiting for the armchair pundits to start talking about “Fedor’s weak chin” or “Fedor’s lackluster stand-up”, etc.

Fedor is only human and I hope people can still be his fans when they realize it.

I often wonder if people realize that Fedor has lost in Sambo tournaments before. He has lost in a combat sport before… just not MMA. :slight_smile:

[quote]krazykoukides wrote:
I often wonder if people realize that Fedor has lost in Sambo tournaments before. He has lost in a combat sport before… just not MMA. :)[/quote]

Except once…

[quote]Fiction wrote:
Fedor is only human[/quote]

Blasphemy!

Arlovski’s glass jaw wouldn’t last 10 seconds against fedor

^^^

Werk

Oh, I had that confused with his no contest. I thought he just had a no contest. My Bad.

[quote]Fiction wrote:
I love Fedor as much as anyone, but I hope his aura of invincibility fades, because I’d like to see the real Fedor fans rather than the awe of people acting like they are in the presence of a demi-God.

One of these days, he’ll get tagged with a stray punch and he’ll go down. Then I’m just waiting for the armchair pundits to start talking about “Fedor’s weak chin” or “Fedor’s lackluster stand-up”, etc.

Fedor is only human and I hope people can still be his fans when they realize it.[/quote]

Actually its a scientific fact that he is not human and he will probably kill you with a stray punch.

Do they seriously even call that a loss? The clip didn’t even show what happened to cause the cut. It was an accidental ILLEGAL headbutt by his opponent. Yet they call it a loss on Fedor’s part??

He’s never really “lost.” He’s never been beaten.

[quote]michael2507 wrote:
krazykoukides wrote:
I often wonder if people realize that Fedor has lost in Sambo tournaments before. He has lost in a combat sport before… just not MMA. :slight_smile:

Except once…

[quote]King Bling wrote:
Arlovski’s glass jaw wouldn’t last 10 seconds against fedor[/quote]

Especially when he leaves it wide open. He had his hands down the whole fight against Rothwell.

[quote]Damici wrote:
Do they seriously even call that a loss? The clip didn’t even show what happened to cause the cut. It was an accidental ILLEGAL headbutt by his opponent. Yet they call it a loss on Fedor’s part??

He’s never really “lost.” He’s never been beaten.

michael2507 wrote:
krazykoukides wrote:

Except once…

[/quote]

Fedor has never been knocked out, never tapped out, and has never lost a decision. That’s something nobody can dispute.

Damn why can’t they just set up a good fight for once, the same speculation was made with sylvia and well that was a joke. Fedor is going to retire before he gets another good fight.

I’ve heard rumours of Tito v Babalu too. That would be sweet if it happens.