Fedor and Bro Circuit Training Vid

[quote]kaisermetal wrote:

[quote]Robert A wrote:

[quote]Schwarzfahrer wrote:
ayayay!

Is it really a “long clean” - I was just joking with my comment! (It’s a play on Fedor’s unorthodox hooks that are supposedly “russian long hooks”). I swear this site seldom gets my humour!

It certainly IS some form of muscle clean.[/quote]

Shit. I have been exposed. I read that and was enough of a rube to think that a “long clean” must be yet another established Oly lift variation that I should have heard of.

I admit it. My training experience with the fast lifts is mostly limited to kettlebells (doesn’t count) and the power snatch(my favorite lift, but that is likely more to some juvenile attraction to the name than any training effects.)

Oh, and I don’t get the mechanics of the “russian long hook” either.

I suck.

Regards,

Robert A[/quote]

you mean the casting punch?
[/quote]
Kind of from what I understand other than the casting punch Fedor taught himself his punching form and his boxing coaches never changed it.

the “sambo casting punch” -ie a missed hook punch that spontaneously connects as a single collar tie- exists only in an alternate universe where Pavel Tsatsouline made a fortune not with kettlebells, but with russian “long cleans”.

It’s not legit, dude.
Show me ONE fight where Fedor used it just so.

I have his book and he talks about it, maybe i should take some screenshots, he says that most of his techniques are considered sort of unorthodox.

[quote]kaisermetal wrote:
I have his book and he talks about it, maybe i should take some screenshots, he says that most of his techniques are considered sort of unorthodox.[/quote]

This is the only example of a “Casting Punch” I have seen.

Thing is, I don’t think of a punch with those mechanics when I think of the long hook/straightish overhands that some Russian fighters seem to throw.

I will use Vovchanchin and Fedor as references.

I don’t see either using the shoulder, to elbow, to fist type of punch. I definately do not see the elbow ever closer to the target than the fist.

Maybe the video demo was an exageration.

I am likely missing something.

Regards,

Robert A

let’s discuss this in a new thread

Two of my favorite fighters ever!

Those videos pumped me up.