Federations

I’ll be at that meet with my team.

[quote]SWR-1222D wrote:
slattimer wrote:
You must not have looked too hard, there are multiple APF meets in NY. I’m taking my team to one on November 11th.

APA is ok, but the guy who runs it is a jerkoff.

APF is where the majority of lifters seem to have the most fun.

Thanks.
I’ve only looked on
POWERLIFTINGMEETS.com and I was wrong about the federation.
The one I’m going to is APF. It’s in Tribes Hill, NY called “Asylum Power”.

I was on the APA website so that’s why I got them confused.

Thanks for the info.[/quote]

You can get the Titan gear in a variety of fits. I think it goes, ‘training’, ‘meet’, and ‘competition’. Get the meet fit. I think you should be OK.

beef

[quote]beefcakemdphd wrote:
You can get the Titan gear in a variety of fits. I think it goes, ‘training’, ‘meet’, and ‘competition’. Get the meet fit. I think you should be OK.

beef[/quote]

Thanks!

Are we supposed to be able to get the shirt on our selves?

I just read another post about some organization’s rule saying that the lifter can not recieve any help getting the shirt on.

I thought that it was nearly impossible to get those shirts on by yourself, with all the tugging and pulling I was getting from my team last time I wore one (which was about 9 years ago).

Thanks for all the help. I’ve been reading a lot of other posts asking the same questions I am, so I appreciate everyone being patient with all my newB questions.

Slattimer - I’ll see you at the meet!

I might bring a T-Nation shirt just to represent this site, though I don’t want to give it a bad name. lol They’ll see this little 5’5" 165 pounder and say “oh, that’s where he gets his info? They can’t know what they’re talking about.”

So I have 11 weeks, and will start a Westside template after next week, giving me 10 weeks to prepare.

Should I only use the shirt and squat suit for the last 3-4 weeks?

If you can get your shirt on by yourself it is WAY too loose. A meet fit will take at least five-ten minutes to get on with help from other people. As for Titan Gear, I agree you will need someone to help you with it.

If you’ve got no training partners experienced with gear, don’t train with Titan gear, as it takes a little getting used to (though if you don’t have anyone to train with who knows gear you’re going to have difficulty no matter what) They make great squat suits and bench shirts, to answer the question. All the people I train with use an f6 and the centurion.

My personal problem with starting out in looser gear or gear that you will only be starting with is gear is fucking expensive, if you’ve gone far enough in powerlifting that you’re thinking about buying gear you’re probably pretty settled on the sport. A loose squat suit can be used for dynamic squatting, but there are a very limited number of uses for a loose bench shirt.

What he means by having trouble touching weights is that a decent bench shirt will have a lot of tension in the chest area, so you will literally have to fight it to pull it down into your chest, and it may cause you to drop the weight on your stomach or neck, so make sure you get a good spot. You’ll see when you try benching in a shirt.

One last thing, some feds don’t allow you to wear t-shirts during your lifts with logos that aren’t affiliated with them, so check that out beforehand.

Thanks again for everyone pitching in to help out.

You’re preventing me from looking like a complete moron, and maybe after a couple more meets I won’t look like a newB either :smiley:

I’m sure I’ll have more questions as I start to try out a Westside template for the first real time after next week (I thought I was doing it before but never knew what a dynamic effort day was).

If you havfe any more questions, PM me. Like I said, I will have my team at the meet. We can help with your shirt and suits if you need it, just ask.

At APF meets there are always lots of helpful people, so you won’t have any trouble.

As far as bench shirts, go with the Titan F-6. You won’t be sorry. It takes a little time to learn, so get one in the looser fit. You already said you intend to gain weight, so it will tighten up for you.

No poly shirt should go on without help. If it does its too loose to bother with.

BTW, I’m pretty much a bench expert, and I coach a team of really great lifters. I have drug free lifters going mid-500’s to over 600 pounds in single ply gear. Hell, the one guy is 46 years old, 242 pounds, and just benched 525 with a very narrow miss at 550 a few weeks ago. I’ve been coaching him for about 3 years; when I started with him he could bench about 385 at the same bodyweight. So if you have questions, let me know.

Also, APF has no stupid rules about T-shirts or what color socks you wear. That moronic shit belongs to the USAPL.

Drop me a PM when you get a chance.

Shawn Lattimer

[quote]SWR-1222D wrote:
Thanks again for everyone pitching in to help out.

You’re preventing me from looking like a complete moron, and maybe after a couple more meets I won’t look like a newB either :smiley:

I’m sure I’ll have more questions as I start to try out a Westside template for the first real time after next week (I thought I was doing it before but never knew what a dynamic effort day was).[/quote]