Feb '20 Photo/Video Check-In

Love watching you press, dude. You sure don’t cheat yourself out of any ROM, awesome job.

3 Likes

Much appreciated dude. It’s been a great pet lift to have. Your arms are looking big. You are growing well, especially with all the activity you put in.

1 Like

Well, somehow this stretched out body is able to do one thing well. 35 lbs off my best non-deadlift bar pull. Oh, yeah. I’m down like three whole pounds.

8 Likes

Hey. photo video check in. Post a photo or video.

Here is my skinny/fat ass.

6 Likes

Down some pounds. Still nowhere close to where I want to be, good thing we got plenty more time!!

4 Likes

Just keeping on keeping on, slowly trying to keep my lifts and my weight moving upwards.

7 Likes

This is a question for everyone, at the risk of realising that I’m the odd one out and people actively do this, why isn’t this something we actively practice? Like, on an off-day go in and practice unracking heavy weights, trying to make it feel light. Is it because our ego couldn’t handle someone seeing us stepping out of the rack and then not squatting.

My second to last squatting session I had this exact sensation during a set where everything was just perfect. I’d imagine there being value if all my sets were like that. It still felt heavy, but nowhere near the same thing.

1 Like

I mean, we do - we just lift the weight afterwards. I do try to get that perfect feeling every time I unrack or lift the bar.

1 Like

True, I mean more as an explicit form of practice. So one’d be able to practice it more often than whatever number of sets on have planned for that session.

I understand what you meant, but it just seems like an easy thing to practice in conjunction with lifting.

Though I’m pretty sure @Alpha mentioned in one of his videos that he did once spend an afternoon doing nothing but practicing his squat setup and walkout.

1 Like

I remember seeing an article about this once upon a time either here on on elitefts. It was specifically about setting up for the squat. It was quite a while ago though. I’m thinking like '07 or 08 maybe.

That’s some old timey, Paul Anderson stuff. Big squat walkouts or partial squats, ultra heavy short ROM hip lifts or back lifts, heavy deadlift supports in the power rack, etc.

People aren’t into that stuff as much in these modern , scientific times.

1 Like

Opportunity cost. If I am in the gym, I am going to use that time for things with a bigger effect.

But as @FlatsFarmer pointed out, heavy walkouts aren’t unprecedented. I just never cared for them.

I thought the deal with heavy walkouts were to acclimatise mentally to a heavier weight. I’m talking specifically to about finding that “this feels lighter than I know it is” sensation but maybe I failed to pick up on that is what one is striving for, and my musings were just further along that tangent in the sense that I’d equate a good “rep” to experiencing that exact sensation. I’m just philosophising, it’s not something I believe matters much in the grand scheme of things.

This is how I understood it to be, and what I was responding to. Doing heavy walkouts is an opportunity cost compared to doing anything else with that time.

That’s true. It’d be a non sequitur to ask “if you had the time to do both your training and heavy walkouts” as evidently you feel there’s more value in doing other stuff other than that then. I appreciate you weighing in!

1 Like

Some pics from today, I’ve been strength focused for a while, and still am, but I let it get ahead of my physical appearance, which I still care about. So those are newer goals. Also, all them rows seem to be doing some benefit for my back, so that’s a plus I guess. So here’s some fatboi CH at 262lbs today:

6 Likes

Solid as fuck dude.

1 Like

Thanks dude, you too follow tall jacked friend.

I’m going to focus on simplifying my workouts, no fluffy bullshit, and double down on cues for the big 3. And actually attempt to stop eating an entire cow everytime I’m remotely hungry. Hopefully the body keeps up without a gross surplus of calories lol.

Instead of a static pic, I will attempt to link a video from a few weeks ago. Was just trying to check depth on a single. But hopefully it will also provide evidence if anyone ever eye-rolled any of my logs that had OHP numbers in them that seemed out of proportion. Not that they are in @T3hPwnisher territory or anything absurd like that.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B8L46rRJdz9/

Doh! Video link successful. I may be on to something.

9 Likes