Feb '18 Photo/Video Check-In

This is an idea to improve the forum community, but this thread absolutely does not reflect any type of “official” T-Nation site membership requirement. It’s an idea that’s been percolating for a while, and I’m just some schmoe on the forum (okay, maybe that’s not so accurate anymore) who figured I’d start a thread about it.

It’s a check-in, not a call-out. The idea is to improve the sense of community and remind us all that, no matter what we post about here and what initially brought us to the site, the one common trait that every forum member should have is a consistent drive to attack our training and see results, period.

I’m asking for all forum members to post a current snapshot of themselves. And let’s try not to get too distracted or off-topic with critiques of what gets posted. There should end up being more posts with images attached, than not.

If your goals are physique-based - you want to get bigger or get leaner or get bigger and leaner - toss up a current pic.

If your goals are performance-based - the powerlifter, the fighter, the Olympic lifter, etc. - you’re not excused. You’re invited to post a short video clip from a recent training session.

I’m just asking you to participate and play a role in improving the quality of the forum as a whole by reinforcing the idea that T-Nation members know how to do more than just rack up high post counts in the non-training-related sections of the site.

Concerned about staying anonymous? Sites like pixlr and fotoflexer are free Photoshop-like websites that make it ridiculously simple to edit/blur/obscure your face, identifying tattoos, birthmarks, background detail, or anything else that might threaten your anonymity.

So, no excuses.

Previous check-in: August 2017

Doing the T-ransformation challenge again with a couple dozen other members. (Logging sporadically here.)

Progress so far has been, meh. 209.4 at the start in January, 211.0 yesterday morning. So, basically holding steady.

I missed about the last week and a half training, taking care of Mrs. who had bronchitis and was home sick a bunch of days. On the bright side, it’s been like two weeks since I had Ben and Jerry’s. So I got that going for me.

6 Likes

Took this on Monday, but I think we can still count it. Pressed a 12" log overhead 12x195 and 20x150, with some bad push pressing in between

I’m looking to set a deadlift PR this Saturday, and will spam the topic with that when it happens.

Edit: Not the PR I wanted, but I will take it. Twinged my back on 12x495+chains in pursuit of 14 reps, so dropped down to 405+chains and hit 20ish

14 Likes

I’m back into powerlifting and the powerlifting training I love after years of struggling with back issues. It had been like 6 years since I’d competed but I finally got back on the platform without pain or injury. I did also finally manage to get a 2xBW bench officially in the books. 360 @178.

11 Likes

Well, this sounds less impressivee now… but, i hit a 195lb axle press last night.

Here’s my 1/1 to 2/1 progress.

Edit: photos posted Current-before, not before-Current.

6 Likes

Easy deadlift single at 525 tonight. This is a pretty consistent any-night-I-feel-like-it weight for me. I’d like to break my current PR (600) at a lower body weight (215ish?) by the summertime.

8 Likes

It was Jan 4th and it was ugly but it’s my most recent anything. And a PR.

5 Likes

Like this idea. Ill get the missus to take some progress shots tomorrow AM.

In the meantime hit tripple PR’s in my meet test on Wednesaday, 1 month out.

Squat - 220kg

Deadlift - 280kg

7 Likes

Did this work, this is me and my progress…
I lost about 12lbs since the summer . Started dieting August at 143lbs and now I’m roughly at 131 . I would like to be under 130 but right now I am losing like 0.4lbs per month, LOL. Oh well fairly content here anyway!

Oh edit : I’m the same skin color I dunno why the lighting is so different

6 Likes

://youtu.be/yPngBc_vQK4

Somebody on FB tagged me and challenged me to try this. Not a bad addition to my bag of party tricks.

Otherwise, February check-in status: 189lbs on the way down to 182 for the Spring Break Best Body Contest. (40+ Dad category)

2 Likes

Video of me and my deadlift from my competition a couple weeks ago.

9 Likes

This in Brunswick?

Before: 206lbs

!

Current: 191.5lb

10 Likes

Yes it was! Maines Strongest Man. Were you there? from the area?

1 Like

I stopped by with my GF, planned on watching but neither of us had cash for the spectators fee (doh!). We went into town for an ATM but it was super nice out so we wound up getting coffee and walking around/driving out to the shoreline of one of the islands.

I’m from NH originally but living in Portland now. Nice to see other folks from my area around here!

2 Likes

Thats awesome! Sorry you missed it, the Heavys and Super Heavys put up some crazy numbers it was a good show. Me and my girlfriend drove out to Cooks Island the next day to check it out, did some brewery hopping. I live in Rhode Island, but me and the lady make frequent trips to Maine. Lots of comps there, plus she has family. Next time I head up we can pick up some heavy shit.

1 Like

As always, nothing to particularly write home about, but on the other hand I’m 53 now, so maybe it is. I was somewhat dormant for a bit, still working out but mostly half-assing it, and it started to show. I’m all lit up with motivation at the moment, though, so here we go and we’ll see what August brings. I’m hoping visible gains. This is about six weeks out from the half-assing. I’ve dropped 5 pounds or so and am really working hard. I’ve been using my Concept 2 for upper body work (setting it on 10 and going hard rather than long) but need to get myself organized around the weights again, because that’s where the sculpting really happens. I desperately want to find a workout buddy and start hitting a gym, because there’s only so much I can do at home unless I start throwing significant money at it. And, ummm…I already have and do spend a lot on it. Treadmill is 13-14 years old now and can’t last forever, so big purchase coming there, thousand dollar rower was just last year, and I just bought a shitty stationary bike for the TV, because I keep seeing that Peloton commercial and it’s been killing me.

So anyway. That’s my plan (to do more, make gains).

11 Likes

26 days later and added 10lbs to my OHP. Finally in the 200lb overhead club

7 Likes

53? Me too!

This is a couple of weeks ago. Doubles at 215. bw at 125. I have a meet on Saturday.

12 Likes

I knew we were around the same age, I’m not sure we ever knew we were the exact same. Probably my fault - when I worked with kids and had four of them at home I was very vague about my details because of…well, SAMA. I miss it, but this is better and safer for me professionally.

I’m always impressed with your lifts. We have a similar body type and I know it’s not easy for you to progress - yet you do.