Feb '16 Photo/Video Check-In

Yeah, I like your frame :wink:

So…starting to guess no one lifts anymore.

Not a lot around here, but a PR for me.

2 Likes

Love me some machine hack squats! Kills the VMO.

1 Like

Spock you look fantastic.

1 Like

Good stuff man. This a strongman show? How’d it all go?

Lol, ya…

I just started the 5/3/1 program that was published here. We’ll see how that goes.

I still lift. Missed the last few check ins I think.

Weighed 204 this morning. Recent best lifts are a 545 squat, 600 deadlift, and 385 bench press. Will be attempting 405 on bench very very soon.

3 Likes

Yeah, that was NY Strongest Man and Woman. It was a USS show on Jan 16. It went well from the standpoint of making weight (lightest I’ve been in 5 years) and hitting personal bests, but I’ve got a bit of training to do before being competitive in the open class.

Currently sitting at about 102kg, after getting down to 98kg before Christmas (from 115kg this time last year). I was making small strength gains as I lost weight, mostly in max reps at a given weight, but lost a bit of strength over the holidays and it’s just getting back up again. I’d like to see how lean I can get this year but I’m also happy slowly recomping at around this weight.

I’ve taken up a couple of non-lifting physically active hobbies so focus has changed to accommodate those, and after a couple of niggling injuries I’m all about slow, steady gains and longevity.

Goals for this year are physique and mobility related. I’d like to see some abs (maybe with a vein on 'em) at least once in my life, and I want to make serious headway in undoing the effects of sitting so much and start moving better.

1 Like

I think I officially have an old man’s back. Feels so ridiculous to have thrown my back out or pinched something shoveling snow and not have it 100% healthy 3+ weeks later. Had about five almost-decent workouts in two weeks, mostly dumbbells, machines, and bodyweight for moderate/higher rep “bodybuilding” stuff.

Anyhow, put this together. Was 208 last year and 217 this morning. Better than nothing, but not cool.

1 Like

How tall are you? I’m a kg (~2lbs) heavier than you.

First pic was May of last year at roughly 243
Second is 2 weeks ago at 231
Currently sitting at 228 and want to drop another 8 before slowly building back up.
For the first time since middle school I fit into a 32" waist… although, I can’t find a 32/36 pair of paints… let alone a pair my legs fit in.

1 Like

I’m 6’4".

Need 20 characters…

As someone who has had a few back injuries at 26, they take about 6 weeks to fully feel better. Foam rolling does help a lot too. And massages. I’m doing atlas stones tomorrow so I should get a video up.

1 Like

This morning.

Still lifting. Since the last check-in I got 135 lbs on my bench at a BW of 114, which was super exciting for me. I have multiple sets of 12 pull-ups from the hang now so my upper body lifts are going well… but I’m still working on my goal of a 2xBW DL. I’m at 210 so I need 20 more pounds.

3 Likes

Great progress Puff !

1 Like

Is there a pane of glass being used??