Feb '15 Photo/Video Check-In

This is an idea to improve the forum community, but this thread absolutely does not reflect any type of “official” T-Nation site membership requirement. It’s an idea that’s been percolating for a while, and I’m just some schmoe on the forum who figured I’d start a thread about it.

It’s a check-in, not a call-out. The idea is to improve the sense of community and remind us all that, no matter what we post about here and what initially brought us to the site, the one common trait that every forum member should have is a consistent drive to attack our training and see results, period.

I’m asking for all forum members to post a current snapshot of themselves. And let’s try not to get too distracted or off-topic with critiques of what gets posted. There should end up being more posts with images attached, than not.

If your goals are physique-based - you want to get bigger or get leaner or get bigger and leaner - toss up a current pic.

If your goals are performance-based - the powerlifter, the fighter, the Olympic lifter, etc. - you’re not excused. You’re invited to post a short video clip from a recent training session.

I’m just asking you to participate and play a role in improving the quality of the forum as a whole by reinforcing the idea that T-Nation members know how to do more than just rack up high post counts in the non-training-related sections of the site.

Concerned about staying anonymous? Sites like http://www.pixlr.com and http://www.fotoflexer.com are free Photoshop-like websites that make it ridiculously simple to edit/blur/obscure your face, identifying tattoos, birthmarks, background detail, or anything else that might threaten your anonymity.

So, no excuses.

Previous threads
August 2012:

December 2012:

February 2013:

April 2013:

June 2013:

August 2013:

February 2014:

July 2014:

Over the last few months, there have been a few guys on this forum who’ve told me “DYEL? Are you sick, injured, or an endurance athlete?” Saying that I “shouldn’t be giving advice on strength training forums when you look like you’ve never even touched a weight” and that I’m a “hypocrite who doesn’t practice what he preaches.”

Those dudes were mostly unimpressive themselves (surprise!), but they do have a right to an opinion. I don’t think I’ve ever pretended to be the leanest, biggest, baddest, strongest mofo in the yard, but I do sincerely say to those guys, and other lurkers that are thinking similar, kindly suck my left nut.

Current pic weighed 208 this morning, April '13 pic was about 214 I believe. Best progress on the site? Not by a longshot. Enough to “justify” giving advice? I’m comfortable saying yes it is.

Awesome, Chris. I was just thinking about this the other day.

Now, if you could just recommend a program that can add 15 lbs of lean mass and get rid of 20lbs of fat in 26 days, I could post some pics.

Edit: Great progress, Chris. Very noticeable difference.

Shot this a few days ago when I got home from work early.

Weights for the press medley: 200lb axle, 200lb log, 182lb keg, 105 fat grip dumbbell
Weights for the carry medley: 200lb sandbag, 182lb keg

Not quite in Feb, but close enough.

I’m posting mine on the 28th.

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:
Over the last few months, there have been a few guys on this forum who’ve told me “DYEL? Are you sick, injured, or an endurance athlete?” Saying that I “shouldn’t be giving advice on strength training forums when you look like you’ve never even touched a weight” and that I’m a “hypocrite who doesn’t practice what he preaches.”

Those dudes were mostly unimpressive themselves (surprise!), but they do have a right to an opinion. I don’t think I’ve ever pretended to be the leanest, biggest, baddest, strongest mofo in the yard, but I do sincerely say to those guys, and other lurkers that are thinking similar, kindly suck my left nut.

Current pic weighed 208 this morning, April '13 pic was about 214 I believe. Best progress on the site? Not by a longshot. Enough to “justify” giving advice? I’m comfortable saying yes it is.[/quote]

I’m not saying this is you because it’s not, but there are certain posters who have been lifting (and posting advice!) on here for more than a decade and are still total beginners as far as strength and such goes. One I can think of is still benching in the 150s for work sets but has been a member since like 2005. And I do think that spinning ones wheels for that long is enough to merit questioning whether giving advice to others is wise.

For you, it’s primarily the academic background and the experience helping people, along with how helpful and comprehensive your posts generally are, that makes you such a helpful contributor to the site. So sorry to hear that people are sending such messages to you, as I think of you as a very valuable poster.

These videos are from last Saturday, January 24th.

First is 551 for an easy single. This was actually my second deadlift ever using a belt.

I hit 571 shortly afterwards for a 6lb PR, third pull ever with a belt.

I am the same weight in these vids that I was in my 515 lb DL video in the July check-in. I may not have been doing what it takes to get noticeably leaner but I am at least getting noticeably stronger. I am also finally getting around to buying a good belt.

[quote]twojarslave wrote:
I am the same weight in these vids that I was in my 515 lb DL video in the July check-in. I may not have been doing what it takes to get noticeably leaner but I am at least getting noticeably stronger. I am also finally getting around to buying a good belt. [/quote]

Which belt you planning on getting?

These videos are from last Saturday, January 24th.

First is 551 for an easy single. This was actually my second deadlift ever using a belt.

I hit 571 shortly afterwards for a 6lb PR, third pull ever with a belt.

I am the same weight in these vids that I was in my 515 lb DL video in the July check-in. I may not have been doing what it takes to get noticeably leaner but I am at least getting noticeably stronger. I am also finally getting around to buying a good belt. [/quote]

Nice pulls dude, looked fast! 600 will be yours really soon!

[quote]T3hPwnisher wrote:

Which belt you planning on getting?[/quote]

The obscenely strong fellow who was yelling at me in my video suggested an Inzer. I forgot to ask him about thickness, but I will probably get a 10mm. No concrete plans of competing, so this is strictly a training aid.

The obscenely strong fellow who was yelling at me in my video suggested an Inzer. I forgot to ask him about thickness, but I will probably get a 10mm. No concrete plans of competing, so this is strictly a training aid.
[/quote]

I use an Inzer. It’s an awesome belt, although Inzer is such a terrible company to deal with, haha. I got mine in black since that’s always available, custom colors seem to take forever. I’d advise toward a 13mm belt myself, just because it will make you feel bulletproof and consequently make 10mm belts feel like toys, but your training partner most likely knows your needs better.

Going lever? Love mine, especially after a heavy set of anything when I feel like I’m going to die.

[quote]T3hPwnisher wrote:

[/quote]

I use an Inzer. It’s an awesome belt, although Inzer is such a terrible company to deal with, haha. I got mine in black since that’s always available, custom colors seem to take forever. I’d advise toward a 13mm belt myself, just because it will make you feel bulletproof and consequently make 10mm belts feel like toys, but your training partner most likely knows your needs better.

Going lever? Love mine, especially after a heavy set of anything when I feel like I’m going to die.[/quote]

I wish I had a training partner. The guy yelling at me on the video is the owner of a great power lifting gym that is too far for me to train at regularly. I was down there for a one-day session on technical execution of the big 3.

I will check out the 13mm belts too. Seems like that may be the way to go for my first belt. After 16 months of consistent belt less training I’m really curious to see what I can get out of it.

[quote]AliveAgain36 wrote:
I’m posting mine on the 28th.[/quote]

Ya, just started teh V-diet so I’ll post on the 28th also.

I did hit a 350x7 deadlift on Friday, which is a rep pr for me.

Lookin good Chris & twojarslave. Beastly as usual T3hPwnisher.

coming back from two knee surgeries, a shoulder surgery and partial kidney removal, all in the span of about 3-1/2 years.

Shot this pic the other night.

Working on bringing my legs and calves back up after a severe achilles/ ankle fuckup strain back in November.

Front, trying to just maintain some size while getting my ass kicked by school, work, kid, and every day life.

Current pic weighed 208 this morning, April '13 pic was about 214 I believe. Best progress on the site? Not by a longshot. Enough to “justify” giving advice? I’m comfortable saying yes it is.[/quote]

Some of the best advice I have gotten has been from people who are not necessarily monstrous with veins bulging everywhere. I have, for one, always enjoyed your replies and insight.

Just my 2 cents.

DYEL??

Hit a few good lifts recently. All at about 200 pounds.

I also hit a 260 overhead press and 395 paused close grip bench but didn’t get video.