Feb '14 Photo/Video Check-In

This is an idea to improve the forum community, but this thread absolutely does not reflect any type of “official” T-Nation site membership requirement. It’s an idea that’s been percolating for a while, and I’m just some schmoe on the forum who figured I’d start a thread about it.

It’s a check-in, not a call-out. The idea is to improve the sense of community and remind us all that, no matter what we post about here and what initially brought us to the site, the one common trait that every forum member should have is a consistent drive to attack our training and see results, period.

I’m asking for all forum members to post a current snapshot of themselves. And let’s try not to get too distracted or off-topic with critiques of what gets posted. There should end up being more posts with images attached, than not.

If your goals are physique-based - you want to get bigger or get leaner or get bigger and leaner - toss up a current pic.

If your goals are performance-based - the powerlifter, the fighter, the Olympic lifter, etc. - you’re not excused. You’re invited to post a short video clip from a recent training session.

I’m just asking you to participate and play a role in improving the quality of the forum as a whole by reinforcing the idea that T-Nation members know how to do more than just rack up high post counts in the non-training-related sections of the site.

Concerned about staying anonymous? Sites like http://www.pixlr.com and http://www.fotoflexer.com are free Photoshop-like websites that make it ridiculously simple to edit/blur/obscure your face, identifying tattoos, birthmarks, background detail, or anything else that might threaten your anonymity.

So, no excuses.

Previous threads
August 2012:

December 2012:

February 2013:

April 2013:

June 2013:

August 2013:

Compared to last February, after spending all of 2013 doing different routines from the Archive here, I’m down just about 4 pounds scale weight, shoulders are up, waist is in, and some other good stuff, so I’m happy. (Happy, not satisfied). Currently shooting for an inch on chest and legs by April.

Great idea Chris, you articles have been great reads man, keep up the good work!

Shoulders are definitely looking snug in the shirt Chris. I don’t always follow, or participate in these threads (there are already plenty of shots of myself all over this site and the rest of the web in my undies), but I love the idea of accountability and mutual support. That’s certainly been a driving factor in my own progress over the years, people being objectively honest with you for your own good (respectfully of course) and not just acting like cheerleaders.

S

[quote]Jlabs wrote:
Great idea Chris, you articles have been great reads man, keep up the good work![/quote]
Thanks, man. I’m just trying to get good info out there.

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
… I love the idea of accountability and mutual support. That’s certainly been a driving factor in my own progress over the years, people being objectively honest with you for your own good (respectfully of course) and not just acting like cheerleaders.[/quote]
Thanks a lot, Stu. And yep, blowing smoke up someone’s ass is rarely helpful. Especially in this sport/hobby/whatever it is, constructive criticism is where it’s at. Emphasis on constructive. How the person deals with hearing it is a whole 'nother story though. :wink:

And no doubt, remembering that something like this Check-In rolls around every once in a while and there’s some level of public accountability (at least within our community here) is a pretty decent motivating factor.

I’ll play. Here’s a competition I did at the end of December, went 135x/135/141 in the snatch and 170/177x/184x in the clean and jerk for a 311kg total in the 105kg weight class. You pounds people can do the conversion yourselves, and the snatch miss didn’t make it into the video.

I’m still kicking myself about that jerk at 177, and I had nothing to lose so I went for the glory lift (and a provincial record) at 184. We’ll see if I can get some more interesting training footage over the next few weeks.

Six month comparison. I don’t have a photo from last Feb.

Chest has gotten thicker, traps have grown some.

I need to eat.

[quote]TheJonty wrote:
I’ll play. Here’s a competition I did at the end of December, went 135x/135/141 in the snatch and 170/177x/184x in the clean and jerk for a 311kg total in the 105kg weight class. You pounds people can do the conversion yourselves, and the snatch miss didn’t make it into the video.

I’m still kicking myself about that jerk at 177, and I had nothing to lose so I went for the glory lift (and a provincial record) at 184. We’ll see if I can get some more interesting training footage over the next few weeks.[/quote]

Nice lifting

[quote]TheJonty wrote:
You pounds people can do the conversion yourselves, [/quote]

You kilo people give up pounds people too much credit. We know nice lifting when we see it though.

Still chubs, but stronger than ever.

Here’s a pretty recent PR on what I wish was one of the powerlifts:

[quote]csulli wrote:

Damn impressive progress csulli. You are alot leaner and you look alot swollier.

[quote]TheJonty wrote:
[/quote]
Jonty after a full day of calculations I’ve been able to convert your numbers. Damn that is impressive.

[quote]pushharder wrote:
I wonder if Chris wants me to check in again.[/quote]
Only if you have made discernible ass progress since last time.

[quote]csulli wrote:

+205 Dip Success! - YouTube [/quote]

I wanted to watch your PR but got distracted by ass.

Been concentrating on getting my strength back and have been setting some all time PRs. My bodyweight is around 202 in the morning right now.

251.4 strict press:

321.4 front squat:

400 pound paused bench:

Also hit a 305x3 front squat and a 350x5 paused bench.

I haven?t gotten into any heavy back squatting really yet since I hurt my back.

Strong lifts, Duce! Although I’m more impressed by your ability to calculate 400 lbs using over 20 different plates per side.

My upper body pretty much looks the same as always, but I think I’ve made leg progress. Picture is from last week.

I started my first ever diet about 2 weeks ago, so hopefully I’ll look different at the next check-in.

[quote]flipcollar wrote:
Strong lifts, Duce! Although I’m more impressed by your ability to calculate 400 lbs using over 20 different plates per side.

My upper body pretty much looks the same as always, but I think I’ve made leg progress. Picture is from last week.

I started my first ever diet about 2 weeks ago, so hopefully I’ll look different at the next check-in.[/quote]

You’ve trained so hard you’ve evolved into a ball of pure energy with legs! Nice.

Good looking quads.

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:
Been concentrating on getting my strength back and have been setting some all time PRs. My bodyweight is around 202 in the morning right now.

251.4 strict press:

[/quote]

I jumped up and yelled, “it’s in the hole, it’s in the hole!” Guy next to me thought I was watching the Dubai Desert Classic.