Fear of Tearing Triceps when Stretched

[quote]Terrax wrote:
Btw I usually try to warm up on the french press byy doing a shitload of reps as I work up in weight. Tbh i don’t know if it works? I think I should try what BONES posted.[/quote]

Im not trying to insult you at all, but how do you do something more than, lets say 3 or 4 times, and not knmow if it works or not? I asked earlier, how much weight are you moving for the french press?

All of my warming up consists of pre-exhausting. So basically 3-4 sets of something with relatively light weight, relatively quick rest periods, and medium reps. You cant just move your muscles around, they have to actually do some work to get warmed up.

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

[quote]Terrax wrote:
Btw I usually try to warm up on the french press byy doing a shitload of reps as I work up in weight. Tbh i don’t know if it works? I think I should try what BONES posted.[/quote]

Im not trying to insult you at all, but how do you do something more than, lets say 3 or 4 times, and not knmow if it works or not? I asked earlier, how much weight are you moving for the french press?

All of my warming up consists of pre-exhausting. So basically 3-4 sets of something with relatively light weight, relatively quick rest periods, and medium reps. You cant just move your muscles around, they have to actually do some work to get warmed up. [/quote]

Yeah, well I mean it seemed to work well but now with this stretch issue I’m thinking I don’t warm up well enough. As for how much weight I’m moving, I mentioned at the end of my original post that I am doing one 45lb plate each side, that i got for 10 reps last time. I know that’s not a lot of weight and I suppose a lot of this issue is just me not being experienced enough with lifting, so sorry if some of my perspectives/approaches on this issue may not be entirely right.

Thanks for the advice by the way. You are pretty big and seem to know what you are talking about. I think I have pretty good mind muscle connection but I will pay more attention to my warm ups and making sure my entire tricep is full with blood before the heavy weights.

[quote]Terrax wrote:

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

[quote]Terrax wrote:

All of my warming up consists of pre-exhausting. So basically 3-4 sets of something with relatively light weight, relatively quick rest periods, and medium reps. You cant just move your muscles around, they have to actually do some work to get warmed up. [/quote]

Yeah, well I mean it seemed to work well but now with this stretch issue I’m thinking I don’t warm up well enough. As for how much weight I’m moving, I mentioned at the end of my original post that I am doing one 45lb plate each side, that i got for 10 reps last time. I know that’s not a lot of weight and I suppose a lot of this issue is just me not being experienced enough with lifting, so sorry if some of my perspectives/approaches on this issue may not be entirely right.

Thanks for the advice by the way. You are pretty big and seem to know what you are talking about. I think I have pretty good mind muscle connection but I will pay more attention to my warm ups and making sure my entire tricep is full with blood before the heavy weights.[/quote]

I was curious about the amount of weight because if you were doing, say, the bar and 5’s on each side Id think there was a big problem. Or if you were doing 200lbs for 3 reps, Id think you can afford to back off on the that type of weight as french press really isnt a power movement.

But that’s a normal amount of weight for good reps so you shouldnt channge anything there. Ecept get stronger of course.