FDR Worst President in History

Roosevelt on Stalin after British foreign policy appeasement outcome, Stalin’s wartime alliance with Nazi Germany, invasion of Poland, Katyn massacre etc,

“I just have a hunch that Stalin is not that kind of a man. … I think that if I give him everything I possibly can and ask for nothing from him in return, noblesse oblige, he won’t try to annex anything and will work with me for a world of democracy and peace”

FDR’s foreign policy in relation to the Soviet Union led to:

a) the opening of a second front in occupied France wasting lives, material, time etc

b) Soviet occupation of Eastern Europe resulting in:

‘the murder of 4 million people in the Ukraine; 753,000 in Poland; 360,000 in Romania; 300,000 in Belarus; 200,000 in Hungary; 100,000 in East Germany; 100,000 in Lithuania; 70,000-100,000 in Yugoslavia; 30,000-40,000 in Bulgaria; 20,000 in Czechoslovakia; and 5,000 in Albania. Other atrocities included the murder of over 500,000 POWs in Soviet captivity and the mass rape of at least 2 million women by the Red Army.’

and

c) The Cold War including Soviet proxy wars(Korea, Vietnam, Cuba etc)

Well at least he stopped Churchill colonising the Balkans.

Yeah well, maybe only semi-dolt.

If I had to pick who did the most damage out of Hitler, Stalin and FDR, I would have a hard time choosing.

[quote]belligerent wrote:

If I had to pick who did the most damage out of Hitler, Stalin and FDR, I would have a hard time choosing.[/quote]

Is there some contest to see who can say the absolute dumbest thing at PWI?

It appears we’ve got more than our share gunning for the title. And how.

Stalin was invading, torturing, and murdering loooong before Hitler even came to power. His pogroms BEFORE ww2 (nevermind after) make the claims against the Nazis look like a fucking traffic ticket.

As for FDR and his beta boi, bitch-like relationship/love affair with Stalin, well, all one has to do is look at his politics.

As much as I’ve tried to look objectively at the “evidence” supporting Lincoln and FDR as being the worst Presidents in history…I’m still not getting it…

(Maybe it’s my “left-leaning”, right Zeb)?

Or is it revisionist/“selective” history at it’s worst?

I honestly don’t know.

Mufasa

Fun fact: FDR’s VP Henry Wallace visited the Kolyma camps in the USSR in '44.

He went on to write a book about his “wonderful experience” visiting the gulag, and how the US could benefit from collectivization.

[quote]thunderbolt23 wrote:

[quote]belligerent wrote:

If I had to pick who did the most damage out of Hitler, Stalin and FDR, I would have a hard time choosing.[/quote]

Is there some contest to see who can say the absolute dumbest thing at PWI?

It appears we’ve got more than our share gunning for the title. And how.
[/quote]

In a rare occurrence, and I hate to say it, I agree with you.

I think I get what belligerent is trying to say, but perhaps he should reword this post. Not a fair comparison.

[quote]Mufasa wrote:
As much as I’ve tried to look objectively at the “evidence” supporting Lincoln and FDR as being the worst Presidents in history…I’m still not getting it…

I honestly don’t know.

Mufasa[/quote]

It is revisionist history at its worst. Lincoln was, in my opinion, among the finest men who’ve ever lived.

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:

[quote]Mufasa wrote:

I honestly don’t know.

Mufasa[/quote]

It is revisionist history at its worst. Lincoln was, in my opinion, among the finest men who’ve ever lived. [/quote]

Yeah well, there is something to be said for not getting your hopes too high.

[quote]Lowe-1 wrote:
Stalin was invading, torturing, and murdering loooong before Hitler even came to power. His pogroms BEFORE ww2 (nevermind after) make the claims against the Nazis look like a fucking traffic ticket.

As for FDR and his beta boi, bitch-like relationship/love affair with Stalin, well, all one has to do is look at his politics. [/quote]

In fact, Stalin had murdered 15-20 million people before Hitler even invaded Poland.

[quote]Mufasa wrote:

I honestly don’t know.

Mufasa[/quote]

It is revisionist history at its worst. Lincoln was, in my opinion, among the finest men who’ve ever lived. [/quote]

Heh, you have much to learn.

Lincoln was, in my opinion, among the finest men who’ve ever lived. [/quote]

Hmmm, so you knew him personally?

[quote]cloakmanor wrote:

Heh, you have much to learn.[/quote]

Heh. This is not a topic you or your fellow half-educated "libb-urr-turr-ee-uns’ want to revisit.

[quote]Dustin wrote:

In a rare occurrence, and I hate to say it, I agree with you. [/quote]

A sign of intellectual growth and maturity. :>

It’s not just an unfair comparison - there is no comparison at all. Hitler and Stalin engineered mass murder of millions in the name of ideological conquest. FDR was a New Deal liberal. There’s no way to reword it to make it make more sense.

[quote]cloakmanor wrote:

Heh, you have much to learn.[/quote]

Heh. This is not a topic you or your fellow half-educated "libb-urr-turr-ee-uns’ want to revisit.[/quote]

true, kicking people when they are down is unsportsmanlike conduct.

FDR willingly and knowingly colluded with, and supplied a regime that conducted mass murder, torture and oppression. I hope that crippled fuck is burning right along with his buddy Joe.

[quote]Lowe-1 wrote:

FDR willingly and knowingly colluded with, and supplied a regime that conducted mass murder, torture and oppression. I hope that crippled fuck is burning right along with his buddy Joe.[/quote]

FDR made a decision of realpolitik to leverage Russia into a fight to defeat the Axis powers. These are the kinds of choices that occasionally have to be made, especially in existential wars. Difficult? Yes. Problematic going forward after the Axis powers were defeated? No doubt. The right decision at the time to get the best result in WWII? Yup.

What you wrote is garbage. Congratulations on being a contender in the contest.

Though I am not a fan of FDR in the slightest. Hitler and Stalin killed millions of people. Stalin, much more than Hitler.

FWIW we started to sabotage our russian “allies” as early as 1944 via Stephan Bandera and other Ukranian separatists groups. It took Stalin alot longer to realize he was being played by the US.

FDR was not as bad as LBJ, who truly exemplified the modern warfare-welfare state.

FDR made a decision of realpolitik to leverage Russia into a fight to defeat the Axis powers. These are the kinds of choices that occasionally have to be made, especially in existential wars. Difficult? Yes. Problematic going forward after the Axis powers were defeated? No doubt. The right decision at the time to get the best result in WWII? Yup.[/quote]

Pure speculation and opinion, not fact. But I digress.

The original quote you referred too lumped FDR, Hitler and Stalin into the same mold. I supported his statement with fact(s) like Stalin could not of committed the crimes he did without FDR’s knowledgeable, unwavering and complete support. Both politically, and materialistically.

What you wrote is garbage. Congratulations on being a contender in the contest.
[/quote]

More speculation and opinion. I’ll be more than happy to continue this discussion when you are prepared to use reason and logic.