FDA, Is This True?

Health freedom action alert: FDA attempting to regulate supplements, herbs and juices as “drugs”
http://www.newstarget.com/021789.html

I know this has been talked about before, but it is really starting to alarm me.

Yes, it’s true. You can read the full text here:

http://www.fda.gov/OHRMS/DOCKETS/98fr/06d-0480-gld0001.pdf

I would urge everyone to send a complaint to these clown via the following form:

http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/oc/dockets/comments/COMMENTSMain.CFM?EC_DOCUMENT_ID=1451&SUBTYP=CONTINUE&CID=&AGENCY=FDA

Make sure it’s for Docket: 2006D-0480.

The comment period ends April 30, 2007, so act NOW!

Supposedly living in the land of the free, I cannot believe how much you let your government push you around.

Protests and legal action are required I think.

While you are at it, get a law passed that allows citizens to sign a waiver that allows them to legally use whatever they frikkin’ want to use provided they have shown they understand the potential dangers. (like that is ever going to happen).

Here is a link-

http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/organizationsORG/healthfreedomusa/campaign.jsp?campaign_KEY=7185

The FDA (Foolish, Dumb Administration?) has gotten completely out of hand. With the epidemic of poor health in this country do those fat, stupid bastards REALLY have nothing better to do than focus on the tiny percent of the population that’s actually choosing a healthy lifestyle?

Oh that’s right, they WANT the citizens of this country to be fat, weak and unhealthy. Perfect targets to become dependant on the next overpriced pharmaceutical concoction courtesy of their Big Drug buddies.

I for one will be rasing my voice against this stupidity.

OK, I feel better now.

Bump

[quote]softail wrote:
Health freedom action alert: FDA attempting to regulate supplements, herbs and juices as “drugs”

I know this has been talked about before, but it is really starting to alarm me. [/quote]

Americans have ceded all personal responsibilty to their government, things like this are only the logical result.

You all laughed at Sheryl Crow’s recent suggestion, but somewhere a light bulb went off in a beauracrats head.

[quote]softail wrote:

I know this has been talked about before, but it is really starting to alarm me. [/quote]

Sad but true. I can’t imagine living in a world where the government busts into my house and arrests me for using a juicer or taking fish oil.

They won’t stop until everyone in America is fat and unhealthy.

Fortunately, we have websites like this where healthy, smart individuals can stand up against this nonsense. If we voice our opinion about this and write to the FDA and our politicians, then that will be more powerful than any corrupted government suppressing the truth about true health.

If you give them in inch, they’ll take a foot. If you give them a foot, they’ll take a yard. If you give them a yard, they’ll take the whole damn field.

It started with Steroids. Then they took that. It went to Androgens. Then they took that. It went to DHEA. Then they took that. Now its supplements. Dont think they’ll take that?

God bless your yankee ingnorance if you don’t.

I sent them a piece of my mind. This is bullsh!t. I am so tired of the FDA and their attempt to controll the masses and what we intake because of the stupidity of a few. Case and point the people who don’t follow the warning labels on Spike shooters, getting sick, and then freaking out and pointing fingers. Maybe if you learned how to read you wouldn’t have had an issue!

[quote]PuckX wrote:
I sent them a piece of my mind. This is bullsh!t. I am so tired of the FDA and their attempt to controll the masses and what we intake because of the stupidity of a few. Case and point the people who don’t follow the warning labels on Spike shooters, getting sick, and then freaking out and pointing fingers. Maybe if you learned how to read you wouldn’t have had an issue![/quote]

It’s funny when someone complains about a supplement being dangerous because they might get cramps from using a supplement-even if it might be something else- when there are people dying from drugs that are pulled off of the market all the time (and some never get pulled). I think the FDA needs to focus on that area first.

Guys, this is serious stuff! I have a friend who’s brother works for the FDA as a doctor who reviews medicines. He said that the FDA hires extra employees for the drug companies so that they can approve their drugs faster!!

Can we say corruption? Conflict of interest?! My personal physician is an M.D., but he is “alternative.” He says they are serious about doing this. So, we could all end up fat and unhealthy and feeding the pockets of Big Pharma! Please act NOW and contact your congressman or other government officials.

Remember, they said for years that fish oil didn’t work. Now, there is prescription fish oil so that they can make millions! These corrupt bastards cannot be trusted!

[quote]Cthulhu wrote:

It’s funny when someone complains about a supplement being dangerous because they might get cramps from using a supplement-even if it might be something else- when there are people dying from drugs that are pulled off of the market all the time (and some never get pulled). I think the FDA needs to focus on that area first.[/quote]

EXACTLY! I think that’s what pisses me off so much is the hypocrisy of it all. The drugs that the FDA approves I would be has a higher mortality and/or dangerous side effect rate than any supplement on the market. But they cover that up, and then say eating protein powder is going to kill you.

MORE PEOPLE DIE EVERY YEAR FROM PRESCRIPTION DRUGS THAT THE NUMBER OF PEOPLE WHO DIED IN THE VIETNAM WAR!

[quote]thrasher wrote:
Here is a link-

http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/organizationsORG/healthfreedomusa/campaign.jsp?campaign_KEY=7185[/quote]

For some reason this link isn’t working after I submit it?

[quote]JKThreeEleven17 wrote:
thrasher wrote:
Here is a link-

http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/organizationsORG/healthfreedomusa/campaign.jsp?campaign_KEY=7185

For some reason this link isn’t working after I submit it?[/quote]

remove the </ span> at the end

so technically i wont be able to buy vitamins to improve my health but i will be able to go to the corner liquor store for a pack of smokes and a fifth of wiskey. and if i walked to the liquor would probably pass at least 1 crack dealer and 1 fastfood chain where i could take in enough trans-fats and calories to ensure early onset of diabetes, obesity and heart disease…

amazing :frowning:

Great site, first time posting.

Such a controversial topic. While I agree with everything posted, I’m split about the need for more regulation. It would be really nice to know the claims the products make are in fact legitimate. Of course, the FDA and govt in general can’t help but turn a single idea into a multi-volume response that somehow always seems to benefit the wallets of the authors.

Is my understanding wrong? The only time it seems a supplement or device would be labeled a “new drug” is if it makes claims to treat a specific ailment? I understand the potential for abuse here on the part of the FDA, and I’m glad so many are voicing their concerns. But in the same breath, I wonder how many people fall victim to the health scams that promise results without them having to give up the very things in life that are making them unhealthy to begin with.

I think it’s inevitable that the whole holistic remedy and nutritional supplement market will eventually be heavily regulated, and in some cases it’s long overdue. In others it will be grossly unfair and completely unfounded. For my own sanity, I have to try to put a positive spin on this and keep things in perspective. I think we’ll still have the majority of things currently on the market, maybe some different claims on the labels.

At least that’s what I’m hoping for. I submitted a complaint, guess it’s no longer in my hands. Will be interesting to see what happens.

[quote]krav wrote:
Great site, first time posting.

Such a controversial topic. While I agree with everything posted, I’m split about the need for more regulation. It would be really nice to know the claims the products make are in fact legitimate. Of course, the FDA and govt in general can’t help but turn a single idea into a multi-volume response that somehow always seems to benefit the wallets of the authors.

Is my understanding wrong? The only time it seems a supplement or device would be labeled a “new drug” is if it makes claims to treat a specific ailment? I understand the potential for abuse here on the part of the FDA, and I’m glad so many are voicing their concerns. But in the same breath, I wonder how many people fall victim to the health scams that promise results without them having to give up the very things in life that are making them unhealthy to begin with.

I think it’s inevitable that the whole holistic remedy and nutritional supplement market will eventually be heavily regulated, and in some cases it’s long overdue. In others it will be grossly unfair and completely unfounded. For my own sanity, I have to try to put a positive spin on this and keep things in perspective. I think we’ll still have the majority of things currently on the market, maybe some different claims on the labels.

At least that’s what I’m hoping for. I submitted a complaint, guess it’s no longer in my hands. Will be interesting to see what happens.

[/quote]

There are many holistic clinics around the world that cure cancer. I know this from first hand experience; I can also give you some websites. The FDA want control over supplements because they simply want to modify what healthy people are taking and brain-wash our society and the next fat generation into thinking that we all need drugs and are just screwed when it comes to certain diseases; not to mention a conflict of interest.

Some supplement companies DO make false advertisements, but these are mostly fitness supplements. Vitamin supplements or fish oil supplements don’t make false claims. Fact is, thousands of people aren’t dropping dead from taking supplements.

The same can’t be sad for drugs. In fact, them stating “only a drug can cure, diagnose, or treat a disease” is a false statement because disease is reversed and cured all the time without drugs.

It’s just suppressed by the media and our government. The FDA had to be takin to court so that the supplement companies can say that Antioxidants prevent cancer and disease. This is pure madness and it needs to end.

Come one, you think I’m going to trust some poster child like the FDA for the pharmaceutical companies that only want to and have to increase profits when it comes to my health? Just look at the food pyramid.

“The thing that bugs me is that the people think the FDA is protecting them. It isn’t. What the FDA is doing and what the people think it’s doing are as different as night and day”

-Herbert Lay, M.D., Former FDA Commissioner