T Nation

FDA Email Today on Supps

http://www.fda.gov/Safety/MedWatch/SafetyInformation/SafetyAlertsforHumanMedicalProducts/ucm173983.htm

Take it as you will.

nice first post

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
nice first post[/quote]

Been reading this website for several years, no need to judge.

I just found this compelling enough to alert those in a community in which I am thankful for their sharing of knowledge.

The FDA amazes me.

I’m a bit curious if the FDA has something specific in mind or is going to make a more sweeping, generalized shelf-pull. I wouldn’t mind it so much if they got rid of those jackasses who put ads in the cheap section of men’s magazines advertising products called “D-Bowl” or “Wynsterol” or the like – consisting of either homeopathic or clumsily arranged herbal supplements portrayed as ‘real’ steroids.

Other than that, I’m not sure if I can even think of any current product on the US market that still labels itself pro-hormone or pro-steroid. The article itself was so vague that I can’t even write a letter of protest because I can’t deduce upon what they are setting their sights. Hmmm.

Thank you for the link…I hope this isn’t going to prove to be another ‘interesting’ year like when they yanked MAG-10 along with anything that started with ‘andro.’

Actually, I should thumb through some of the crappier women’s lifestyle magazines…for the past decade, from GHB to pro-hormones/pro-steroids, a ‘thrilling expose’* article in a magazine like “Allure” has been an excellent predictor of what is about to be banned.

• – sorry, don’t know how to do an accent mark on this keyboard…

I think they are referring to websites like this:

They sell a bunch of crap that will probably do you no good and claim it is all “legal” I accidentally signed up for an account or something cause I wanted to read an article or something. Anyways somehow they got my number and address sent me a brochure, and this guy called me claiming to be my “anabolic adviser” or something like that. So… yah, hopefully they’ll get sued or something.

This link gives a little more info. Mainly it is a warning about Tren Extreme and related products.

http://www.fda.gov/NewsEvents/Newsroom/PressAnnouncements/ucm174060.htm

I wonder if the FDA will start selling real steroids to discourage use of these counterfeit steroids, lol

OMG THE GUBBERMINT IS GONNA TAKE MY ANACONDA AWAY!!

the list from the warning: The products named in the Warning Letter are marketed by American Cellular Laboratories, Inc., and include â??TREN-Xtreme,â?? â??MASS Xtreme,â?? â??ESTRO Xtreme,â?? â??AH-89-Xtreme,â?? â??HMG Xtreme,â?? â??MMA-3 Xtreme,â?? â??VNS-9 Xtreme,â?? and â??TT-40-Xtreme.â??

That Tren-Xtreme is making it’s rounds around the gyms here. I imagine with this “banning” it’ll only push the sales even higher. Those guys seem pretty proud of the stuff, I know several max muscle shops that really try pimping it out to people. Thing is they recommend like 400-500 bucks per month of product, so if they’re working on commission I can see why they’re trying to sell it.

The FDA is in cahoots with pharmaceutical companies. They want to keep you unhealthy so that you can live a long life on their medicated pills.

P.S. I like conspiracy theories.