'FDA Declares Form of Vitamin B6 a Drug'

I just came across this article today and wanted to share the news.

"(NaturalNews) The FDA has effectively banned a naturally-occurring form of vitamin B6 called pyridoxamine by declaring it to be a drug, reports the American Association for Health Freedom. Responding to a petition filed by a drug company, the FDA declared pyridoxamine to be “a new drug.”

Now, any nutritional supplements containing pyridoxamine will be considered adulterated and illegal by the FDA, which may raid vitamin companies and seize such products. "

someone posted this a few weeks back. If I remember correctly, the consensus was that its no big deal as pyroxidine is one of several forms of vitamin B6, and isn’t necessarily the most potent. Yes, its still retarded that a vitamin like that got banned, but in the end its not really that big of a deal.

what can one do with this form of b6 and how is it being used or what other use does it have?

[quote]spadesofaces wrote:
someone posted this a few weeks back. If I remember correctly, the consensus was that its no big deal as pyroxidine is one of several forms of vitamin B6, and isn’t necessarily the most potent.

Yes, its still retarded that a vitamin like that got banned, but in the end its not really that big of a deal.[/quote]

You didn’t remember correctly.

[quote]Bill Roberts wrote:
spadesofaces wrote:
someone posted this a few weeks back. If I remember correctly, the consensus was that its no big deal as pyroxidine is one of several forms of vitamin B6, and isn’t necessarily the most potent.

Yes, its still retarded that a vitamin like that got banned, but in the end its not really that big of a deal.

You didn’t remember correctly.

[/quote]

then can you please remind me so i dont tell more people wrong information?

so, just the regular old B6 has been banned? WTF, yet another reason more people need to wake up about the drug-companies.

unfucking real

wait, so could something like Superfood be effected? I doubt it, but curious

Briefly, pyridoxamine is a very effective anti-glycation agent, which other forms of B6 are not.

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
so, just the regular old B6 has been banned? WTF, yet another reason more people need to wake up about the drug-companies.[/quote]

It’s pyridoxamine, NOT pyridoxine, that was banned.

According to this:

“[In] the United States, the FDA ruled in January 2009 that pyridoxamine must be regulated as a pharmaceutical drug because it is the active ingredient in Pyridorin, a drug designed to prevent the progression of diabetic nephropathy”.

Or how about,

The drug Pyridorin is actually the nutrient pyridoxamine which is found in food, but the pharmaceutical company wanted to be granted monopoly power for something they didn’t invent and thus become able to charge huge prices.

[quote]Bill Roberts wrote:
Or how about,

The drug Pyridorin is actually the nutrient pyridoxamine which is found in food, but the pharmaceutical company wanted to be granted monopoly power for something they didn’t invent and thus become able to charge huge prices.

[/quote]

exactly