FBI Declassifies Roswell Files

[quote]NumberCrunchin wrote:
I found this to be very very disturbing.

LOL at that white dog @ :34 seconds!

So wait, how does this:

[quote]Stern wrote:

Yes the universe is inconceivably big. However the circumstances required for a planet to birth organisms and nourish them till they evolve into intelligent life-forms capable of efficient space travel are incredibly strict. You need varied species. You need varied minerals. You need a certain proximity to a star. You need time to evolve without catastrophic events. In fact there’s absolutely no point in trying to list all the neccessary prerequisites because we would be here all day and still never finish the list/conceive them all.

[/quote]

dispute this:

[quote]Stern wrote:
It’s widely accepted that life out there does exist; but I do think it’s improbable that there are, out there in the vacuum of space, creatures flying around in saucers eyeing up our amazing planet earth, dropping off dna capsules and drinking mushroom coffee with ancient civilisations. As sad as that belief makes me, I do love space and hope/wish I was wrong.

[/quote]

The universe is 13 billion years old, the planet Earth is 4 billion years old. You don’t believe that the concurrent prerequisites needed to support a life in space can’t happen simultaneously throughout the galaxy?

If our technology is as such after being around for 4 billion years, imagine what the technology is of other beings that have been around 2x as long. Imagine 3x as long. And never mind technology, imagine the mental and dimensional capacities they must have as well!

In other words, you’re right, i think its amazing that humans have the capacity to imagine such things, but I think its our lack of imagination that’s holding us back from truly realizing what’s going on here on earth, in the universe and beyond .

I have a theory that corn is actually of alien descent.

Where can you find wild corn growing? No where I tell you. Why? Because it needs to be planted. I don’t claim to be a botanist, but every other plant has a means to replicate without human intervention. But with its thick husk, if an ear of corn falls to the ground, it will not result in another plant. It needs someone to cultivate it.

And humans can’t digest corn, yet it was a staple food to many ancient civilizations, like the Mayans. I contend that an alien race introduced corn to the Mayans and human civilization has spent the past 5,000 years or so learning how to cultivate this foreign crop so that the aliens can return in 2012 and enslave us all.

This theory relies heavily on basic principles presented by an episode of Ducktales wherein Duckworth and the boys are enslaved by a race of vegetable people. But, it has recently become quite en vogue to credit Ducktales as the genesis of many profound theories so I am running with it.

[quote]SmilingPolitely wrote:

Where can you find wild corn growing? No where I tell you. Why? Because it needs to be planted. I don’t claim to be a botanist, but every other plant has a means to replicate without human intervention. But with its thick husk, if an ear of corn falls to the ground, it will not result in another plant. It needs someone to cultivate it.

And humans can’t digest corn, yet it was a staple food to many ancient civilizations, like the Mayans. I contend that an alien race introduced corn to the Mayans and human civilization has spent the past 5,000 years or so learning how to cultivate this foreign crop so that the aliens can return in 2012 and enslave us all.

This theory relies heavily on basic principles presented by an episode of Ducktales wherein Duckworth and the boys are enslaved by a race of vegetable people. But, it has recently become quite en vogue to credit Ducktales as the genesis of many profound theories so I am running with it.
[/quote]

Incredibly outrageous, love it!

[/quote]

LOL! I fucking love you. Completely plausible theory SP, completely plausible.

Altho, to clarify, corn, which is about 7000 years old, is a derivative of a different plant, teosonite, which the Mayans learned to cultivate (plant and harvest) through the teachings of the ETs.

edit: oops, its spelled Teosinte

Not to get carried away here, but I bet we could make a case for how agriculture was introduced to the entire planet by extra terrestrials!

The Neolithic founder crops also date from 7000 BC, but were found in the Egypt, china, Africa - which would mean humans from all over the planet figured out how to grow crops at relatively the same time…hm…

Let me put on my metal colander and get back to you on this!

[quote]-LL- wrote:

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]Jereth127 wrote:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/picturegalleries/howaboutthat/8442464/Exploding-UFOs-and-alien-landings-in-secret-FBI-files.html
Just a quick summary.

Trying to read the files(here: FBI Records: The Vault — UFO) is proving to be tedious to say the least.
I’ve always been on the fence(and to be honest, not all that bothered) about ET life, but the FBI releasing these files is a big step, the first of many I’d wager.

Thoughts…?[/quote]

Thoughts?

1. You idiot.

2. Matter can’t travel faster than the speed of light and the creation of a wormhole would require more energy than an exploding supernovae.

3. There’s a big difference between believing that ET life may exist somewhere in the universe and believing that aliens crashed a flying saucer in New Mexico in 1947 and that the FBI/CIA/Illuminati/whatever are hiding the truth from the people.[/quote]

4. He didn’t say anything outlandish, or make any crazy assumptions.

5. Wormholes only exist in theory, so we have no concept of what they would require to create.

6. What would happen on Earth if we did find out if we regularly have ET visitors?[/quote]

Well apparently starting a discussion on the FBI releasing files on something that was probably the biggest conspiracy theory of all time makes me an idiot.

In any case, I only posted that video for the footage, not for the minute or so of a crazy whimpering guy at the end. Extra-dimensional beings is a cool and fun concept, but not very likely.

[quote]Mascherano wrote:
Not to get carried away here, but I bet we could make a case for how agriculture was introduced to the entire planet by extra terrestrials!

The Neolithic founder crops also date from 7000 BC, but were found in the Egypt, china, Africa - which would mean humans from all over the planet figured out how to grow crops at relatively the same time…hm…

Let me put on my metal colander and get back to you on this![/quote]

It’s the same as humans building pyramids all over the world without ever having contact with each other; why?

Or sharing the same beliefs and worshiping the same gods.

Maybe thats why sightings and crop circles always take place in CORN FIELDS!!!
I think we found the secret.

Has anyone seen those Ancient Aliens shows on History channel? A lot of that stuff I really couldnt refute such as the Sirius B African Tribe, Native Americans saying they come from Star People, The Pyramids etc etc.
Thoughts?

Great Britain also released all of their files a while back about encounters saying they had no idea and there are sooo many of them.

Also they held that one conference where pilots, military officials, gov officials spoke about their encounters.

And, I heard in an interview, I believe its Dr. Bernstein, lead researcher for NASA, say that “this year we will release information that will change human history books.”

Crazy…

[quote]saveski wrote:
funny that now that there are 250 million video/phone cameras in use - AND NO VIDEO OF BIGFOOT or UFOs (and by that I mean a spaceship actually landing and some little fuckers getting off) or LOCH NESS MONSTER, or GHOSTS, or the VOICE OF GOD, et al.

I’m sure that all the videos in that clip are explainable - rockets, military tests, reflections, etc.[/quote]

yes, we are the only living beings in this entire universe. this one little tiny planet is the only place where there is life. do you realize the odds on that being the case. the odds on that are so low, it probably can’t even be computed. what does that tell you. all the people that were around, when the roswell incident happened, are all dead. the fact is, a ufo did indeed crash landed. sure, you can refuse to beleive it. but the fact is, the military was there in great number for a reason. if it was a weather balloon as they say, why did they show up in droves and not let anyone near the site. even today, if you go near the site, people in jeeps follow you.

[quote]RSGZ wrote:

[quote]Mascherano wrote:

It’s the same as humans building pyramids all over the world without ever having contact with each other; why?

Or sharing the same beliefs and worshiping the same gods.[/quote]

Exactly! Although I read somewhere that its possible that humans did more “exploring” in the BCEs than we give them credit for, and what with platetechtonics, that does seem credible.

Which brings me to my next point, and which sadly might debunk any of my future theories on ET-agri-culture, and this is that the evolution of human civilizations (as well as their demise) depends on a confluence of variables that are specific to each time and place. Like the land available, the population size, the weather, the flora and fauna and mines and minerals that populate the area, and on and on, as well the sheer coincidence that might occur when necessity spurs invention, all of which directly correlate with the sustainability of each of these variables over time…so it would be really hard to pin-point the true inception of these neolithic crops without a completely holistic view of what was going on back then. shrugs

[quote]Mascherano wrote:

Perhaps we should take this to a PM. I worry this location is unsafe :wink:

[quote]Mascherano wrote:

[/quote]

Agreed SP…I have some pink orbs I’d like you to take a look at…

[quote]hipsr4runnin wrote:
Maybe thats why sightings and crop circles always take place in CORN FIELDS!!!
I think we found the secret.

Has anyone seen those Ancient Aliens shows on History channel? A lot of that stuff I really couldnt refute such as the Sirius B African Tribe, Native Americans saying they come from Star People, The Pyramids etc etc.
Thoughts?

Great Britain also released all of their files a while back about encounters saying they had no idea and there are sooo many of them.

Also they held that one conference where pilots, military officials, gov officials spoke about their encounters.

And, I heard in an interview, I believe its Dr. Bernstein, lead researcher for NASA, say that “this year we will release information that will change human history books.”

Crazy…
[/quote]

Yeah, I really enjoyed the ideas they brought up in that series - very interesting stuff.

You people are crazy. Just listen to the government and stop thinking so much.

[quote]Mascherano wrote:

[quote]Mascherano wrote:

[/quote]

Agreed SP…I have some pink orbs I’d like you to take a look at…
[/quote]

Must. Fight. Urge. To make obvious joke. About probing.

But damn Masch. If you’re just gonna lay it out there like that, what’s a girl to do?

[quote]Mascherano wrote:

The universe is 13 billion years old, the planet Earth is 4 billion years old. You don’t believe that the concurrent prerequisites needed to support a life in space can’t happen simultaneously throughout the galaxy?

If our technology is as such after being around for 4 billion years, imagine what the technology is of other beings that have been around 2x as long. Imagine 3x as long. And never mind technology, imagine the mental and dimensional capacities they must have as well!

In other words, you’re right, i think its amazing that humans have the capacity to imagine such things, but I think its our lack of imagination that’s holding us back from truly realizing what’s going on here on earth, in the universe and beyond .

[/quote]

We’ll have to agree to disagree Mascherano. :wink:

The way I see it - if you want to count the evolution of single-cell organisms then yes - we’ve been around for 4 billion years, 3 billion of which we were still microorganisms. If you want to speak specifically of our species however, which has only been given the chance to rise to dominance at the whim of mass extinction events, then we’re but a twinkle in the earth’s eye; a couple hundred thousand years of establishing dominance. Now we could quite easily be thrown back into the ocean come the next mass extinction event. And there will be one - of that there is no doubt. The last one was what, 60 million years ago and there have been a handful of them within the last 500 million years alone? Each one wiping out thousands of species and changing heirarchy of life on earth.

Now it would stand to reason that a parallel planet that meets all the criteria neccessary to allow lifeforms to evolve in an environment capable of producing intelligent life (and let’s not beat about the bush here it would basically have to be another planet earth, pure hydrogen/water/iron planets and the like just won’t do) would also suffer the same extinction events that we observe in our own solar system wouldn’t you agree?

So with that assumption in mind a planet twice the age of the earth quite likely will have also suffered twice as many events. The amount of species that have been born, evolved and then wiped out on earth is incredible. It’s beyond incredible actually - it’s terrifying.

So not only would you have to meet all the crazy criteria that our earth did - distance from a certain star in a certain phase and a terrestrial planet with a history of glaciation, photosynthesis, all the rest…you would also have to have a species that has survived numerous exctinction events to remain the dominant life on that planet (or evolve at an indescribable rate in which case, well, there you go ;p) AND be a species with not only a brain capable of thinking about more than just food and fucking but also possessing a phsyique which allows that species to break certain barriers in evolution - hands with opposing thumbs, for a start. To illustrate my point - as intelligent as we believe dolphins to be (a species that is 50 million years old or so?) I can’t see them really making ships capable of deep space travel in the foreseeable future. They just don’t have the tools for it. Maybe they’ll evolve to mind-control the human race and get us to do it or something I dunno, but I digress…

The bottom line is there is a staggering amount of criteria to be met and while it’s not impossible, lady luck plays such a huge part in it that it makes it less and less likely the older the planet is. Considering how far away we are from deep space travel - if we even ever get there at all!, I would be amazed if there are civilisations out there nipping through space at whim.

But feel free to bash my cynicism. I mean at the end of the day - what the fuck do I know? =P

[/quote]

HAH! Brilliant! ^^

[quote]hipsr4runnin wrote:

Crazy…
[/quote]

lol! See if NASA turn around and say the Appolo moon landing was actually a hoax - I’ll fucking cry. =P

And lose a very steep bet ^^

[quote]Stern wrote:

[quote]Mascherano wrote:

[/quote]

We’ll have to agree to disagree Mascherano. :wink:

The way I see it - if you want to count the evolution of single-cell organisms then yes - we’ve been around for 4 billion years, 3 billion of which we were still microorganisms. If you want to speak specifically of our species however, which has only been given the chance to rise to dominance at the whim of mass extinction events, then we’re but a twinkle in the earth’s eye; a couple hundred thousand years of establishing dominance. Now we could quite easily be thrown back into the ocean come the next mass extinction event. And there will be one - of that there is no doubt. The last one was what, 60 million years ago and there have been a handful of them within the last 500 million years alone? Each one wiping out thousands of species and changing heirarchy of life on earth.

Now it would stand to reason that a parallel planet that meets all the criteria neccessary to allow lifeforms to evolve in an environment capable of producing intelligent life (and let’s not beat about the bush here it would basically have to be another planet earth, pure hydrogen/water/iron planets and the like just won’t do) would also suffer the same extinction events that we observe in our own solar system wouldn’t you agree?

So with that assumption in mind a planet twice the age of the earth quite likely will have also suffered twice as many events. The amount of species that have been born, evolved and then wiped out on earth is incredible. It’s beyond incredible actually - it’s terrifying.

So not only would you have to meet all the crazy criteria that our earth did - distance from a certain star in a certain phase and a terrestrial planet with a history of glaciation, photosynthesis, all the rest…you would also have to have a species that has survived numerous exctinction events to remain the dominant life on that planet (or evolve at an indescribable rate in which case, well, there you go ;p) AND be a species with not only a brain capable of thinking about more than just food and fucking but also possessing a phsyique which allows that species to break certain barriers in evolution - hands with opposing thumbs, for a start. To illustrate my point - as intelligent as we believe dolphins to be (a species that is 50 million years old or so?) I can’t see them really making ships capable of deep space travel in the foreseeable future. They just don’t have the tools for it. Maybe they’ll evolve to mind-control the human race and get us to do it or something I dunno, but I digress…

The bottom line is there is a staggering amount of criteria to be met and while it’s not impossible, lady luck plays such a huge part in it that it makes it less and less likely the older the planet is. Considering how far away we are from deep space travel - if we even ever get there at all!, I would be amazed if there are civilisations out there nipping through space at whim.

But feel free to bash my cynicism. I mean at the end of the day - what the fuck do I know? =P

[/quote]

I don’t have a huge problem with your premise but a couple of counterpoints to the above:

Concerning mass extinction events, are we talking climate and asteroid or comet collisions? As for collisions, our planet and solar system are unique in at least two respects that I’m aware of; Jupiter, which actually clean our solar system of many objects that would collide with us and the asteroid belt, which supplies much of that junk. If another solar system supporting life had a similar asteroid belt, it would need a Jupiter type planet to keep it relatively safe. So, two points here: Another planet in another solar system may not necessarily face danger from objects in space and, if it does, it needs a Jupiter. Next, in terms of climate, there is no evidence that another planet would have to undergo the same climatic fluctuations Earth did. Also, given greater age and evolutionary time, a race could conceivably control or manipulate climate and, certainly protect it’s planet against objects from space (we’re working on that now).

You’re also making a few assumptions about our evolution. Perhaps our DNA was seeded from space, in which case, the blueprint for humanity lies elsewhere in the universe.

The above said, I do agree with you that it’s an enormous oversimplification of the odds of life to merely posit that due to the enormity of the universe, life HAS to exist somewhere else. This ignores the tremendous odds against life forming, and the conditions that had to line up just right for life to take hold here is probably billions to one.