T Nation

FBI Agents Arrested for Steroid/HGH Use

Anybody else see this? lol

whats this thread about? Oh yeah, dirty cops. Yeah no sympathy for them here.

[quote]admbaum wrote:
Oh yeah, dirty cops. [/quote]

Dude, I would donate to the “Servicemen & Woman’s Gear Acquisition Foundation”

I want the good guys gassed up and feeling like superman, lol. Particularly any firefighters than may have to drag my heavy ass out of a burning building.

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

[quote]admbaum wrote:
Oh yeah, dirty cops. [/quote]

Dude, I would donate to the “Servicemen & Woman’s Gear Acquisition Foundation”

I want the good guys gassed up and feeling like superman, lol. Particularly any firefighters than may have to drag my heavy ass out of a burning building. [/quote]

I have no problem with what they were taking, I have a problem with how they were getting it. Dwarfism? Really?

[quote]admbaum wrote:

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

[quote]admbaum wrote:
Oh yeah, dirty cops. [/quote]

Dude, I would donate to the “Servicemen & Woman’s Gear Acquisition Foundation”

I want the good guys gassed up and feeling like superman, lol. Particularly any firefighters than may have to drag my heavy ass out of a burning building. [/quote]

I have no problem with what they were taking, I have a problem with how they were getting it. Dwarfism? Really?[/quote]

Actually, their treatment should be between no one but them and their doctor. Now, we can argue that being in the FBI means all of your medical records are their property which is why they are wrong…but generally speaking outside of the FBI, it should be no concern of yours what someone else is doing with medical supervision.

[quote]admbaum wrote:

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

[quote]admbaum wrote:
Oh yeah, dirty cops. [/quote]

Dude, I would donate to the “Servicemen & Woman’s Gear Acquisition Foundation”

I want the good guys gassed up and feeling like superman, lol. Particularly any firefighters than may have to drag my heavy ass out of a burning building. [/quote]

I have no problem with what they were taking, I have a problem with how they were getting it. Dwarfism? Really?[/quote]

I don’t see an issue with it. Given the choice of having a sympathetic doctor fudge my records or taking some of the UGL shit out there, I’d probably take the first choice. These agents were actually doing the more responsible thing by acquiring human grade gear (on their own dime) instead of taking underground lab gear, ending up with cancer, liver failure, kidney failure, etc. down the road and the bills for that (which would far exceed $5k) would fall on the taxpayer since they are government employees.

[quote]

charged with making false statements on US government documents

false diagnoses [/quote]

…thats what I have a problem with. They could be mainlining anthrax for all I care.

[quote]admbaum wrote:

…yet unfortunately, it is things like this which are used to deny doctors from prescribing the same drugs to people based on their own choice of treatment.

Yes, this was the FBI which has its own standards so we are not in disagreement there. However, looking at the BIG PICTURE, this harms all health care as far as this issue is concerned simply because of the way it is presented in the media.

If it wasn’t effecting job performance… who cares?

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]admbaum wrote:

However, looking at the BIG PICTURE, this harms all health care as far as this issue is concerned simply because of the way it is presented in the media.[/quote]

no argument here…no one wins in this situation…except ABC

12 comments on their page so far and suprisingly not a lot of hate for gear.

[quote]admbaum wrote:

My understanding from the article is that it was more a matter of omission, ie, not mentioning the stuff they were taking. Given the stigma, I really dont fault them for that.

[quote]Eagle101304 wrote:
12 comments on their page so far and suprisingly not a lot of hate for gear. [/quote]

education has that effect.

EDIT: misread that as this instead of their. Yeah, that does surprise me actually.

The thing that ‘screwed’ them was lying about what they were taking. If they had legit reasons it wouldnt be an issue… but it was obviously a little off. Sucks for these guys cause I personally have no problem with it, especially under doctor supervision.

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:
If it wasn’t effecting job performance… who cares?[/quote]

You dont see the potential downside of FBI agents buying thousands of dollars of AAS and GH? The logical person assumes they were selling the stuff on the side, unless they were prepping for the O of course. FBI agents racking up multiple felonies isnt the same as a gym goer pushing some stuff to break even on the money he spends for his own usage, in my opinion.

I havent given it enough thought yet to figure out why but my first reaction is that I definitely care if the FBI is doing shit like that.

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:
If it wasn’t effecting job performance… who cares?[/quote]

You dont see the potential downside of FBI agents buying thousands of dollars of AAS and GH? The logical person assumes they were selling the stuff on the side, unless they were prepping for the O of course. FBI agents racking up multiple felonies isnt the same as a gym goer pushing some stuff to break even on the money he spends for his own usage, in my opinion.

I havent given it enough thought yet to figure out why but my first reaction is that I definitely care if the FBI is doing shit like that. [/quote]

If they were buying it and then turning around to sell it on the side for more money, then yes thats a BIG deal.

If they were spending thousands of dollars, over half a decade or more, for personal use (at a somewhat inflated cost because its from a medical company) then I dont really have a problem with it… Especially for the counter terrorism field agent

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:
If it wasn’t effecting job performance… who cares?[/quote]

You dont see the potential downside of FBI agents buying thousands of dollars of AAS and GH? The logical person assumes they were selling the stuff on the side, unless they were prepping for the O of course. FBI agents racking up multiple felonies isnt the same as a gym goer pushing some stuff to break even on the money he spends for his own usage, in my opinion.

I havent given it enough thought yet to figure out why but my first reaction is that I definitely care if the FBI is doing shit like that. [/quote]
With the application process that FBI candidates go through, it is not likely that FBI agents sell the drugs on the side. The job process tends to weed out this with questionable morals or ethics, and once a candidate is a special agent, you bet your ass he wouldn’t be doing something as stupid as selling drugs.

Obviously the FBI enforces the law and has standards to uphold, which makes it obvious why agents taking an illegal substance will not be taken lightly. But besides that… Mr. Muscles FBI Agent = more imprisoned terrorists. That’s my logic. :stuck_out_tongue:

17k in 5 years. A little more than 3k per year. Thats an INSANE amount of gear. That’s between two people AND one of them is a female. The female is a bodybuilder. There is no doubt in my mind that stuff was being moved around her circle of bodybuilder friends.

Im not sure how many people know what it costs for a man to run a moderate dose of AAS and GH all year round. A couple burning through $3,400 of AAS and GH is using a ton of stuff.

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
17k in 5 years. A little more than 3k per year. Thats an INSANE amount of gear. That’s between two people AND one of them is a female. The female is a bodybuilder. There is no doubt in my mind that stuff was being moved around her circle of bodybuilder friends.

Im not sure how many people know what it costs for a man to run a moderate dose of AAS and GH all year round. A couple burning through $3,400 of AAS and GH is using a ton of stuff. [/quote]
I will concede that you know much more about me than steroids, so either they were saving up the stuff or they were indeed selling it around their group of lifting friends. If they were doing that, should they be? Obviously no. Do I care? Nope.

[quote]PB Andy wrote:

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
17k in 5 years. A little more than 3k per year. Thats an INSANE amount of gear. That’s between two people AND one of them is a female. The female is a bodybuilder. There is no doubt in my mind that stuff was being moved around her circle of bodybuilder friends.

Im not sure how many people know what it costs for a man to run a moderate dose of AAS and GH all year round. A couple burning through $3,400 of AAS and GH is using a ton of stuff. [/quote]
I will concede that you know much more about me than steroids, so either they were saving up the stuff or they were indeed selling it around their group of lifting friends. If they were doing that, should they be? Obviously no. Do I care? Nope. [/quote]

You not caring is another problem altogether. When people, on a grand scale, don’t care about a little bit of corruption, it opens the door to much more. It truly is a slippery slope.

You can’t get a little bit pregnant.