Favre's a Douche

If you needed another reason to not like him, make sure you watch his block on Eugene Wilson. Nothing has been announced yet, but I’m betting Wilson’s season is over, hopefully not his career.

Favre should be handed nothing less than a six-figure fine and possible suspension.

Haha I had a feeling someone was gonna post this. I think everyone needs to hop off his nuts. What ever little thing he does is all over the place.

That pisses me off, Eugene Wilson wasnt even turned around, Favre easily could have hit him high and still knocked him on his ass.

I’m guessing you didn’t like Favre before this happened.

Yes, it was a low block. But anyone with an open mind can see how it’s simply one of the oldest football players (an a QB, no less; he’s not used to blocking) wanting to keep from getting hurt, himself. Yes, it shouldn’t have happened, and he should be fined to prevent anyone else from using “I didn’t want to get hurt” as an excuse, but Favre isn’t a shady character.

This wasn’t Pacman Jones, a guy who not only is used to hitting players, but also got suspended for fighting his own bodyguard. If anything, Favre is a pussy, not a cutthroat player. Be honest, with Wilson looking the other way (look at 0:34), could you see Favre lighting him up, as anyone else would have done? Any other player given that opportunity would have put the shoulder down and leveled Wilson. Favre isn’t brave/strong enough to do that.

[quote]Xander89 wrote:
I’m guessing you didn’t like Favre before this happened.

Yes, it was a low block. But anyone with an open mind can see how it’s simply one of the oldest football players (an a QB, no less; he’s not used to blocking) wanting to keep from getting hurt, himself. Yes, it shouldn’t have happened, and he should be fined to prevent anyone else from using “I didn’t want to get hurt” as an excuse, but Favre isn’t a shady character.

This wasn’t Pacman Jones, a guy who not only is used to hitting players, but also got suspended for fighting his own bodyguard. If anything, Favre is a pussy, not a cutthroat player. Be honest, with Wilson looking the other way (look at 0:34), could you see Favre lighting him up, as anyone else would have done? Any other player given that opportunity would have put the shoulder down and leveled Wilson. Favre isn’t brave/strong enough to do that.[/quote]

If he’s that worried about getting hurt he had plenty of other options besides tearing up a guy’s knee. The first would have been to quit the prima act and stay retired.

I would not have had any problem with somebody delivering a legal block and decleating him, but this was a cheap shot that has been outlawed for the exact reason that we just saw. People get seriously injured when others dive at their knees.

I never claimed Favre was a criminal so the comparison to pacman is invalid. I said he is a douche, which perfectly summarizes this cowardly act.

go. home. farve.

For his sake, they won’t have him try anything like that again because some defender is going to get wise and knee him in the head. And I wouldn’t feel the least bit bad about it.

WTF are they doing lining Favre up at receiver anyway? That stupid wildcat shit? You don’t put the oldest QB in the league out blocking on the perimeter. Someone will get hurt (next time probably Favre with a broken collarbone).

This whole season will be a repeat of last year, where he can’t do shit with his new team and doesn’t get along with anybody. Does he REALLY think he can get to a Super Bowl with the Vikings? Dude needs to go mow his farm or whatever it is he does at home.

I hope someone does the exact same thing to him on one of the many pics he will throw this year.

As off this morning he said the knee was fine and he’s taking the high road as far as ripping Favre for the hit.

I think Favre is going to have a bounty on his head this year. Every week someone is going to want to be the “guy” who ends his bullshit unretirment.

On a side note Pacman Jones just signed a contract with the Winnepeg Bluebombers of the CFL. Didn’t say for how much. Maybe they can pay him in Canadian Tire money lol. He’d never know the differance.

He’s been around long enough to know better.

the thing that pisses me off is that some people are saying that hes a qb hes not used to it blah blah blah…BULLSHIT!! theyre all football players he knows how to block. But what really gets me is all the bullshit rules theyve made to protect the qb bc they make lots of money but then a qb goes and cheap shots a player who cant even hit a qb bc they may get fined.

[quote]fighting_fires wrote:
the thing that pisses me off is that some people are saying that hes a qb hes not used to it blah blah blah…BULLSHIT!! theyre all football players he knows how to block. But what really gets me is all the bullshit rules theyve made to protect the qb bc they make lots of money but then a qb goes and cheap shots a player who cant even hit a qb bc they may get fined. [/quote]

Well put.

[quote]bond james bond wrote:
As off this morning he said the knee was fine and he’s taking the high road as far as ripping Favre for the hit.

[/quote]

That’s good to hear. That hit hat torn ACL/LCL written all over it.

I think Favre is going to have a bounty on his head this year. Every week someone is going to want to be the “guy” who ends his bullshit unretirment.

On a side note Pacman Jones just signed a contract with the Winnepeg Bluebombers of the CFL. Didn’t say for how much. Maybe they can pay him in Canadian Tire money lol. He’d never know the differance. [/quote]

HAHAHA, can you “make it rain” Canadian Tire money?

On a side note Pacman Jones just signed a contract with the Winnepeg Bluebombers of the CFL. Didn’t say for how much. Maybe they can pay him in Canadian Tire money lol. He’d never know the differance. [/quote]

LOL. I’m actually quite interested to see how they’re gonna handle Pacman Jones. They couldn’t deal with Arland Bruce, and now they sign a guy 10x more likely to start another dog fighting ring.

On the topic, y’all need to accept the fact that he’s still one of the best QBs in the league. And I doubt that the hit was even intentional. It’s fucking preaseason and its not like the Texans are even a legit threat to them.

Like every superstar, everyone’s gonna be on his ass about every little thing. But people forget what this guy did for the game of football just because HE IS AS PASSIONATE AS HE IS ABOUT THE GAME. So what if he’s old and keeps retiring? The guy’s a legend and one of the greatest players to ever.

I think if you’re a true football fan, and you PLAY football, or any sport for that matter, you know how it feels and don’t look forward to when you gotta throw in the towel and retire/stop playing.

I know I went a little off topic, but y’all sipping too much haterade.

On the topic, y’all need to accept the fact that he’s still one of the best QBs in the league. And I doubt that the hit was even intentional. It’s fucking preaseason and its not like the Texans are even a legit threat to them.

Like every superstar, everyone’s gonna be on his ass about every little thing. But people forget what this guy did for the game of football just because HE IS AS PASSIONATE AS HE IS ABOUT THE GAME. So what if he’s old and keeps retiring? The guy’s a legend and one of the greatest players to ever.

I think if you’re a true football fan, and you PLAY football, or any sport for that matter, you know how it feels and don’t look forward to when you gotta throw in the towel and retire/stop playing.

I know I went a little off topic, but y’all sipping too much haterade.

[quote]B rocK wrote:
go. home. farve. [/quote]

yea go back to the retirement home!!! they are serving grape jello tonight biatch

farve’s been doing shit like this all his career, why are people surprised? I perrsonally like the fact that he he refusing to let the nfl go the pussy way it is…like some old school John Lynch from Tamp Bay, all sick shots

[quote]HG Thrower wrote:

This whole season will be a repeat of last year, where he can’t do shit with his new team and doesn’t get along with anybody. Does he REALLY think he can get to a Super Bowl with the Vikings? Dude needs to go mow his farm or whatever it is he does at home.[/quote]

I agree with HG…if the man can only win one freaking super bowl title with some players he worked with for sixteen years, how does he expect to jump into a team for one year and take them all the way? Favre is just being a dick and destroying the fanbase he HAD in GB by going to their rival team