Favre Going to the Jets!

You are a retard

I live about 6 or 7 miles from Gillette Stadium. Foxboro Mass is closer to most of RI than it is many towns in Mass.

I guess its a personal issue. One of my buddies from college was from RI and he lived about 1.5 hrs from Gillette stadium he said. I always gave him shit about being a bangwagon N.E. fan, hes the same way with the Money Sox and the Bruins, and of course Celtics (but they are a respectable team)

Like it or not RI has no home teams so we are forced to choose between NY and Boston teams as home teams.

Think of it as the same way NJ loves NY teams. Except we use way less hair gel.

[quote]AssOnGrass wrote:
You are a retard

I live about 6 or 7 miles from Gillette Stadium. Foxboro Mass is closer to most of RI than it is many towns in Mass.[/quote]

Quahog?

As a Giants fan, this is AWESOME news. The Giants are already feeling disrespected by the national media, as they don’t feel they were given enough credit for going out and WINNING THE SUPER BOWL.

Now, all the coverage in NY will be focused on Favre. Should serve to fuel the Giants’ fire even more.

Thanks, Brett!

I live in Wisconsin and hate the fucking Packers.

The media circus on “ESPNFAVRE” has been an absolute joke - now it will only get worse.

Brett Favre just became the 2nd best QB in New York.

Good riddance.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
ComixGuy wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
SSC wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
I can’t wait until he throws 5 picks against the Bills.

He should have taken the $ 20 million.

The Bills? The Bills?! They haven’t been a contender in the NFL in 15 years. At this point, they’ll be lucky to win 5 games this season.

As for Favre, good riddance.

Jets - 2 wins
Miami 2 wins

So they only have to pick up one more win this season to get 5. No problem.

Bills aren’t going to win the division but they will put a hurtin’ on some people this year.

It will be fun to watch them smash Favre.

Agreed. What will be even more interesting is the NY media and how it will differ from the GB/Wisconsin coddling he has received the last decade or so. You can expand that to the fan base as well. What will happen when Favre realizes that not everyone thinks he walks on water?

It is going to be fun to watch because he makes so many mental mistakes and they will be dissected by the NY media.[/quote]

If Eli can take it, I’m sure Brett can handle it. Unless Eli was just so dumb he couldn’t read the print.

[quote]AssOnGrass wrote:
Like it or not RI has no home teams so we are forced to choose between NY and Boston teams as home teams.

Think of it as the same way NJ loves NY teams. Except we use way less hair gel.[/quote]

Except the teams actually play in New Jersey

[quote]Himora22 wrote:
Well we’ll just have to see. I hope Green Bay goes like 3-13 and they burn down the stadium[/quote]

Agree. The more I look at this situation, the more I see that Favre and Ted Thompson (TT) had a bad relationship for years. TT was probably trying to get Favre out of the picture the last couple seasons. This last time, Favre was tired enough that he was willing to go along with the front office’s suggestion that he retire. Then, after refreshing himself, he realizes, “What the fuck?! I let those guys take advantage of me and push me out. But I still wanna play.” When he made that decision, the Packers had two options and ONLY two options if they wanted to save face: (1) Put him back in as the #1 QB, or (2) unconditionally release him and accept that he might play for the Vikings/Bears/Lions.

No one would blame the Packers from refusing to do the first option, but they look like whinny little toddlers for refusing to do the second. The football Gods will not like this and I predict that this will bring a curse down upon the Packers until TT leaves. (I hope it does, anyway.)

[quote]Airtruth wrote:

It is going to be fun to watch because he makes so many mental mistakes and they will be dissected by the NY media.

If Eli can take it, I’m sure Brett can handle it. Unless Eli was just so dumb he couldn’t read the print. [/quote]

Eli struggled with it, Farve hasn’t had to deal with it in his long career. We shall see how he responds. he might just say fuck it and quit after this year. Not sure why the Jets would want a one season QB.

[quote]eic wrote:
Himora22 wrote:
Well we’ll just have to see. I hope Green Bay goes like 3-13 and they burn down the stadium

Agree. The more I look at this situation, the more I see that Favre and Ted Thompson (TT) had a bad relationship for years. TT was probably trying to get Favre out of the picture the last couple seasons. This last time, Favre was tired enough that he was willing to go along with the front office’s suggestion that he retire. Then, after refreshing himself, he realizes, “What the fuck?! I let those guys take advantage of me and push me out. But I still wanna play.” When he made that decision, the Packers had two options and ONLY two options if they wanted to save face: (1) Put him back in as the #1 QB, or (2) unconditionally release him and accept that he might play for the Vikings/Bears/Lions.

No one would blame the Packers from refusing to do the first option, but they look like whinny little toddlers for refusing to do the second. The football Gods will not like this and I predict that this will bring a curse down upon the Packers until TT leaves. (I hope it does, anyway.) [/quote]

I see it the same as you. They forced Farve out and he stood up for himself. Good for him. I still want to see him get crushed.

[quote]Airtruth wrote:
AssOnGrass wrote:

Think of it as the same way NJ loves NY teams. Except we use way less hair gel.

Except the teams actually play in New Jersey
[/quote]

I’m talking about all their sports in general.

But the Pats are the New England Patriots… Not the Boston Patriots

I wonder where Pennington will end up now…

[quote]Colin Wilson wrote:
I wonder where Pennington will end up now…[/quote]

More than likely on the Injured Reserve list.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
Airtruth wrote:

It is going to be fun to watch because he makes so many mental mistakes and they will be dissected by the NY media.

If Eli can take it, I’m sure Brett can handle it. Unless Eli was just so dumb he couldn’t read the print.

Eli struggled with it, Farve hasn’t had to deal with it in his long career. We shall see how he responds. he might just say fuck it and quit after this year. Not sure why the Jets would want a one season QB.[/quote]

Its not the NY media that ate Eli alive, it was his last name. Your going to get alot of bad publicity trying to live up to Peyton. Any way the NY media is much more concerned with its Baseball not its Football.

As a Giants fan that has a roommate who is a Jets fan I’m happy. At least the Jets games that get put on the tube will be somewhat entertaining now. Pennington was painful to watch.

BTW someone needs to kill Madden before he says something rediculous/writes a 4000 page book about all of this.

The Giants got lucky in the Super Bowl. Congrats.

Farve should have a good chance of lighting it up in NJ. The line is good, hell Brickashaw Ferguson, is his left tackle. The name alone is enough.

Also the signed ThomasJones who is a stud and have Cotchery and Coles at wideouts. He should have similar numbers to last year.

I am pulling for him since it is Farve!

Go Texans - see ya in FL in Feb.

[quote]tg2hbk4488 wrote:
I guess its a personal issue. One of my buddies from college was from RI and he lived about 1.5 hrs from Gillette stadium he said. I always gave him shit about being a bangwagon N.E. fan, hes the same way with the Money Sox and the Bruins, and of course Celtics (but they are a respectable team)[/quote]

1.5 hours from Gillette Stadium and you’re in CT already. Watch hill is only like an hour, maybe a little more. Either way, are you telling me people who live in Maine, Vermont, and New Hampshire shouldn’t be Patriots fans? Who else should they root for? They’re still New England states. Think about it this way. Pretty much everyone in Wisconsin is a Packers fan right? Well, Wisconsin is only slightly smaller than the entirety of New England. Would you think it stupid for someone from 1.5 or 2 hours out of green bay, but still in Wisconsin, to be a packers fan? That’s just stupid.

And as far as the other sports go, even though it’s technically the Boston Red Sox, Bruins, and Celtics, RI is definitely within their fan territory (much to my chagrin as a Yankees fan in RI). Hell, you see as much Red Sox paraphernalia in RI as you do in Boston, maybe even more.

[quote]JGerman wrote:

Also they signed Julius Jones[/quote]

julius jones is a seahawk as far as i know

[quote]ericbyrnesjr wrote:
JGerman wrote:

Also they signed Julius Jones

julius jones is a seahawk as far as i know[/quote]

check that Thomas Jones