T Nation

Favre Gets A 'Pass' Because He's White

That is what a black sports reporter said today on ESPN. He claims that the media would have been all over a black quarterback if he did the things that Favre has done.

As many of you know, Limbaugh claimed something similar except the races were reversed. Limbaugh was made out to be a scum of the Earth racist, and was fired. This black guy is not even being talked about. Oddly enough, Limbaugh had more of a point.

What is the deal with this? Why is it fine for black people to criticize white people on national television, but not the other way around?

HOLY SHIT! THERE IS A DOUBLE STANDARD IN LIFE?

NO FUCKING WAY, ALERT THE PRESS.

yawn.

aww dude!

who fucking cares?

Wake up…double standards.

I have wtinessed black people be more racist than any red neck lynard skynard hearing white guy…which is sad.

Reverse racism

[quote]robmartinez09 wrote:
Wake up…double standards.

I have wtinessed black people be more racist than any red neck lynard skynard hearing white guy…which is sad.

Reverse racism[/quote]

Nothing reverse about it, racism is racism.

I think the fact that Favre has a ring, three MVP’s, almost 20 years in the league and virtually every QB record has slightly more to do with his “pass” than his color. And if this guy on ESPN had anywhere near the same visibility or name recognition as someone like Limbaugh, it probably would be a big deal. But the guy who ripped Favre on ESPN is a fucking nobody. Shit, you don’t even know his name and you started a whole thread about him!

Oh Boy… I’ll come back later when this thread is about 300 posts long. Which should take about 3-4 hours given the subject matter. T-Nation loves them some race talk.

[quote]Ct. Rockula wrote:
aww dude!

who fucking cares?[/quote]

Obviously I do.

[quote]artw wrote:
I think the fact that Favre has a ring, three MVP’s, almost 20 years in the league and virtually every QB record has slightly more to do with his “pass” than his color. And if this guy on ESPN had anywhere near the same visibility or name recognition as someone like Limbaugh, it probably would be a big deal. But the guy who ripped Favre on ESPN is a fucking nobody. Shit, you don’t even know his name and you started a whole thread about him![/quote]

X 2

Dear God some people, for the minute instances of racism white folk face minorities suffer far worse. I can even one up your shitty scenario, hockey. White people can fight and its a ok, you would NEVER see that in the NBA or NFL. And as far as I know they were giving Farve all types of shit.

He’s racist, I’m racist. Big deal.

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]artw wrote:
I think the fact that Favre has a ring, three MVP’s, almost 20 years in the league and virtually every QB record has slightly more to do with his “pass” than his color. And if this guy on ESPN had anywhere near the same visibility or name recognition as someone like Limbaugh, it probably would be a big deal. But the guy who ripped Favre on ESPN is a fucking nobody. Shit, you don’t even know his name and you started a whole thread about him![/quote]

X 3[/quote]

[quote]drewh wrote:
Dear God some people, for the minute instances of racism white folk face minorities suffer far worse. I can even one up your shitty scenario, hockey. White people can fight and its a ok, you would NEVER see that in the NBA or NFL.[/quote]

That is your support for why minorities have it so bad? Hockey players fight? Seriously? It couldn’t have anything to do with the sport. It’s all about the race, right?

[quote]drewh wrote:
Dear God some people, for the minute instances of racism white folk face minorities suffer far worse. I can even one up your shitty scenario, hockey. White people can fight and its a ok, you would NEVER see that in the NBA or NFL. And as far as I know they were giving Farve all types of shit. [/quote]
LMAO, this is so ignorant I don’t know what to say.

[quote]Eielson wrote:

[quote]drewh wrote:
Dear God some people, for the minute instances of racism white folk face minorities suffer far worse. I can even one up your shitty scenario, hockey. White people can fight and its a ok, you would NEVER see that in the NBA or NFL.[/quote]

That is your support for why minorities have it so bad? Hockey players fight? Seriously? It couldn’t have anything to do with the sport. It’s all about the race, right?[/quote]

Football is a tough sport so your point is what? What in hockey makes people fight? Or for that matter swing there sticks at their opponents? Enlighten me. You are a fucking twit if you think MOST minorities don’t have it worse than white people. And you’ll never know because you’re white asshole and RACIST.

[quote]drewh wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]artw wrote:
I think the fact that Favre has a ring, three MVP’s, almost 20 years in the league and virtually every QB record has slightly more to do with his “pass” than his color. And if this guy on ESPN had anywhere near the same visibility or name recognition as someone like Limbaugh, it probably would be a big deal. But the guy who ripped Favre on ESPN is a fucking nobody. Shit, you don’t even know his name and you started a whole thread about him![/quote]

X 3[/quote]
[/quote]

This was my immediate reaction when I watched that segment this afternoon

I wonder if OP would like a segregated T-Nation?

[quote]drewh wrote:
And you’ll never know because you’re white asshole and RACIST.[/quote]

Yeah. You got me.

I think it has less to do with race and more to do with credibility and experience with a player at Brett Favres level…if Donovan Mcnabb did the same thing the situation would be slightly similar I think. However if Jason Campbell, the quaterback for the redskins did something like this, his ass would be grass…and in his case…due to a lack of experience and race…he’d be on waivers the next day. Brady Quinn, not soo much. So my point is experience, skill and records win out regardless of race. But inexperience would get you canned…ESPECIALLY if you happen to be a minority.

[quote]drewh wrote:
Dear God some people, for the minute instances of racism white folk face minorities suffer far worse. I can even one up your shitty scenario, hockey. White people can fight and its a ok, you would NEVER see that in the NBA or NFL. And as far as I know they were giving Farve all types of shit. [/quote]

What would you say if Steve Nash and Kevin Love duked it out to the death? Or what if Donald Brashear and Mike Greer (buffalo sabres) went at it. I’m guessing your head would explode…

edited