Favourtie Movie?

American Pie and American Pie 2

Oh, yeah, forgot “Brazil” and House 2".

Goodfellas…nuf said

I’d have to say Fight Club as well, though several others vie for “favorite movie” for me. No question on least favorite movie - Dr. T and the Women. The absolute worst movie ever made without a doubt. With most bad movies, they just bore the hell out of you or just have no effect on you. This movie actually hurts your head to watch. I could go on at length about everything that made this movie painful to watch, but that’s not what this thread is about.

Like everyone else, it’s difficult to pick just one. Some of my favorites are: Comedy - Monty Python & the Holy Grail, Arsenic and Old Lace, Night at the Opera; Western - The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance; Drama - Shawshank Redemption; Suspense - Rear Window; Action - Lethal Weapon and Die Hard movies. The list can go on and on, but lunch is over and back to work I must go.

Rounders , The Fast And The Furious , All the rocky’s. for anyone who has not seen rounders i suggest check it out. AWESOME!!

I forgot about funny movies. Caddyshack, Blazing Saddles, and of course Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

Rocky IV rules, the very thought of that film gets my training through the roof!

Godfather 2, Apcopalipse Now, Platoon, Das Boot, Indianna Jones (Tempel of Doom), Shawshank, so many more but I’d be boring everyone.

One thing I will say is and this is coming from a Brit is that you yanks certianly know how to make movies and that all the Brit films are shit expt. (Snatch, Lock stock etc).
The Brit films you Americans see are usually middle class, posh talking, light romantic/comic bullshit like 4 weddings and a funeral. These films represent about 12% of our country and I hate those posh talkin, middle class, volvo driving bastards. Thank fuck for American movies at least they don’t all star Dame Judy Dench!

Favourite T-movie is Bloodsport great fighting and great soundtrack (V. inspiring) like the huge chinease bloke with the massive chest!

However,we will never forgive you for Dick Van Dyke in Mary Poppins though, for shame!

Top 10: Wings of Desire, L’enfant du Paradise (Children of Paradise), The Wizard of Oz, Barton Fink, Out of Africa, A Room With a View, To Kill a Mockingbird, Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown, Moonstruck, What’s Up Doc

covering both ends of the spectrums i would go with dumb and dumber, and training day.

Predator

Just watched Ginger Snaps - very funny black comedy horror in the same vein as American Werewolf in London. Plus if you like redheads Katherine Isabelle is a babe

Minority Report kicks ass. :slight_smile:

Outlaw Josie Whales, Braveheart, slapshot.

Glengarry Glenross(What’s my name?I drove an $80,000 BMW here, and you drove a Hyundai.That’s my fucking name!),
Heat (Michael Mann rules),
Memento(must be seen more than once),
The Usual Suspects(genius),
Slapshot(voted #1 guy movie of all time),
Lock,Stock…(The original Snatch),
A Clockwork Orange(This movie speaks to me on so many levels),
Pi(so rare these days to see great films that don’t rely on lame shoot em up tactics that we’ve seen a thousand times)

1. Goodfellas 2.Apocalypse Now 3. The Last Boyscout. 4. A Clockwork Orange 5. The Conformist

Pi. Any movie that features the Fibonacci sequence in a big way has got to be great :slight_smile:

The Big Lewbowski

Braveheart,Silence of the lambs, To kill a mockingbird, and Naked Man with Anna (the unedited version).

Most of the good flicks like heat, shawshank, the usual suspects etc. have already been mentioned, and rightly so they were all good films. But my all time favourite? The cult classic Highlander, I cant believe no one mentioned it. Coming a very close second The Crow, another one I cant believe wasn’t mentioned by anyone.