Favourite Combos

Just a little fun for people to suggest combos or just outline their favourites.

Remember when I fist started I had Left, Right LeftHookHead, Right uppercut drilled into me until it became second nature. Almost cant throw a 1,2 without finishing it off with this combo.

[quote]TheBeez wrote:
Just a little fun for people to suggest combos or just outline their favourites.

Remember when I fist started I had Left, Right LeftHookHead, Right uppercut drilled into me until it became second nature. Almost cant throw a 1,2 without finishing it off with this combo.[/quote]

Heh, I learned it with the hook to the body, but same basic thing. Throw it well, mix it up a little, and it will serve you your whole career.

double jab, right cross, left uppercut to the body (or liver punch, rip, whatever you want to call it)

and

left jab, right straight, left uppercut, right straight

are my two mainstays

I’m very fond of right hand leads followed by a left hook on the way out too

Some relevant material here:

Textbook vs Natural

Specific to southpaws vs orthodox

Regards,

Robert A

1,2,3,2 worked out really well for me in a match I had. Didn’t feel like throwing the uppercut so I went with this.

I like jab, jab, jab, jab, jab with lots of running in circles.

But I’ve got a reach surplus and power deficit, so that may not work for everybody else lol

Easily Pizza, though cheddar takes second for sure

Haven’t boxed for years, but jab, jab, straight right, left hook worked like a charm. and my second favorite was pizza, they were delicious. I miss junk food

Something I have been hacing success with lately. Its a counter really but coming from a bob and weave or bob with left hook defense is explode out with a right uppercut, left hook right straight or instead of the straight drop a nice leg or body kick while moving offline.

Oh yeah and pizza for sure!