Favourite Book?

Ok, so off the subject of training, whats your favourite ever book?

Mine’s gotta be Awaken the Giant Within, by Tony Robbins…500 pages of pure inspiration. I feel like i can do anything know i’ve read that book.

As far as inspiration goes I’d have to say Chuck Yeager’s autobiography as well as Bo Schembechlers’ “Tradition.”

A book I’m really enjoying right now though is “Kitchen Confidential” by Anthony Bourdaine.

B.

Catch-22.

[i]The Illuminatus! Trilogy: The Eye in the Pyramid, The Golden Apple, Leviathan. [/i]

By Robert Shea and Robert Anton Wilson

Recently, it’s Haunted by Chuck Pahlaniuk. I never thought mere words could be so graphic and disturbing as to make me feel physically ill, but he found a way.

The Fall by Albert Camus

[quote]elliotnewman1 wrote:

Mine’s gotta be Awaken the Giant Within, by Tony Robbins…500 pages of pure inspiration. I feel like i can do anything know i’ve read that book.

[/quote]

That is because Tony hypnotized you with his teeth!

[quote]TheWookie wrote:
elliotnewman1 wrote:

[/quote]

That was pretty funny.

[quote]lovehunter wrote:
TheWookie wrote:
elliotnewman1 wrote:

That was pretty funny.
[/quote]

Along those lines…

I’m currently coloring this one.

It’s great.

That’s a tough question, so I will answer by genre.

Overall, if I had to pick one book which I thought was completely epic, and if I had the option of picking one book that all people would be forced to read it would be The Making of the Atomic Bomb by Richard Rhodes.

As far as satire goes, Candide or Catch-22.

For fiction, it’s hard to call, but The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini grabbed me more than any other fiction. A close second would probably be Notes from the Underground by Dostoyevsky.

Autobiography = Up From Slavery by Booker T. Washington.

Sci-fi would probably be The Moon is a Harsh Mistress, though sci-fi isn’t really my thing, for fantasy or whatever you want to call it the A Song of Ice and Fire series has made everything else seem like shit to me (including Tolkien) so it wins definitively.

Non-fiction would be a three-way tie (yes, it’s an easy way to not have to pick one, but they’re all so different) between Godel, Escher, Bach: An Eternal Golden Braid by Douglas R. Hofstadter, We Wish to Inform You That Tomorrow We Will be Killed With Our Families: Stories from Rwanda by Philip Gourevitch and Slaughterhouse Five by Kurt Vonnegut.

[quote]pookie wrote:
I’m currently coloring this one.

It’s great.
[/quote]

Pssh, gay. I draw animals that would shit Dora the Explorer out in little pieces.

In no particular order:
Sozaboy (Ken Saro-Wiwa)
Poisonwood Bible
Tortilla Flats (loved the part about the old guy and the dog)
The Novel (by James Michener)
Dubliners

Also…
Can’t remember the name but it’s about a skinny Brit who becomes a bodybuilder in NYC, moves to Cali,
takes roids, quits lifting, becomes skinny

Surivor by Chuck Pahlaniuk, I also liked Catcher in the Rye.

For some big project I have a choice of 3 books to read, one of them being Catch 22. Should I pick that one? It sounds the best, but it’s also the longest so I’m undecided.

[quote]vision1 wrote:

For some big project I have a choice of 3 books to read, one of them being Catch 22. Should I pick that one? It sounds the best, but it’s also the longest so I’m undecided.[/quote]

That was like:

Damn, that is a great woman, I bet we would make love for hours, let`s choose a less challenging one…

Ah, go ahead and choose short boredom over long excitement, what do I care…

edit: Be really radical. Read all three.

Competitive Fire by Michael Clarkson
my bball team I was on was forced to read it and its good.

[quote]vision1 wrote:

For some big project I have a choice of 3 books to read, one of them being Catch 22. Should I pick that one? It sounds the best, but it’s also the longest so I’m undecided.[/quote]

catcher in the rye is a favorite read of sociopaths.
Hey, you learn a lot from watching Criminal Minds

[quote]orion wrote:
vision1 wrote:

For some big project I have a choice of 3 books to read, one of them being Catch 22. Should I pick that one? It sounds the best, but it’s also the longest so I’m undecided.

That was like:

Damn, that is a great woman, I bet we would make love for hours, let`s choose a less challenging one…

Ah, go ahead and choose short boredom over long excitement, what do I care…

edit: Be really radical. Read all three.[/quote]

No one said the other books are boring, but I see your point.

[quote]Dweezil wrote:
Pssh, gay. I draw animals that would shit Dora the Explorer out in little pieces. [/quote]

Oh yeah? Well I’m getting a Transformers coloring book next.

We’ll see how your puny animals like to be trampled by super-cool giant robots.

[quote]julia87 wrote:
vision1 wrote:

catcher in the rye is a favorite read of sociopaths.
Hey, you learn a lot from watching Criminal Minds [/quote]

People that loved America Psycho frighten me.