Favorite Whiskey?

Bowmore
Macallan
Paddys

I’m not much of a whiskey drinker. Bourbon is my flavor: W.L. Weller

If I’m just lookin for a quick whiskey that most bars have around here: Wild Turkey

[quote]Doug Adams wrote:
I’m more of a rum guy, but if it’s gonna be whisky, make it Maker’s.[/quote]

Here Here !

tyrconnel whiskey…a top drawer irish whiskey…dunno if u guys can get it across the pond…but if you can buy it online its an absolute win

Im from Tullamore Co.Offaly…where Tullamore Dew was first made…
tends to be the one i drink if i drink whiskey

Johnnie Walker but im not a huge fan of whiskey tbh

Jack Daniels just can’t be beat in my book.

Jim Beam Black
Blanton’s

And tried Bushmill’s for the first time recently, big fan.

Wild turkey + mike = large samoan actually throwing Marine out of bar

Wild turkey + mike = beating up an Australian

Wild turkey + mike = gate guard outside Camp Hanson laughing at staggaring Marine with jizz on his shirt from buy-me-drinkie girl mishap

Wild turkey + mike = waking up in the morning to find that Japanese girl in bed next to you had sex with you because she thought you were your best friend

1 Jameson (hands down)
2 Knob Creek
3 Makers Mark

7 and 7 FTW!

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:
Tullamore Dew is nice. About $33 if I remember correctly.

Jack Daniels for $20 if you feel like being even cheaper.

I find all the Johnnie Walker’s to taste about the same, despite different agings.[/quote]

I also like Tullamore Dew. “Every man deserves his dew!”

I thought I should mention I’m sipping on a little J n B right now.

And for the record jack daniels is a waste of money. There are a lot of better cheaper american whiskeys. Gentleman jack is okay, but too expensive. They sell the name. I would encourage JD fans to go out and compare some alternatives. I even like jim beam better.

The best I’ve had in a long while is Van Winkle 12 year. For day to day drinking, I’ll go with Knob Creek, or Woodsford Reserve. Neat, always.

[quote]Mikeyali wrote:
Wild turkey + mike = large samoan actually throwing Marine out of bar

Wild turkey + mike = beating up an Australian

Wild turkey + mike = gate guard outside Camp Hanson laughing at staggaring Marine with jizz on his shirt from buy-me-drinkie girl mishap

Wild turkey + mike = waking up in the morning to find that Japanese girl in bed next to you had sex with you because she thought you were your best friend
[/quote]

You sir, have led an admirable life.

Keep it up.

Elijah Craig, 18 year old, I think is great. you can’t go wrong with Dalwhinnie, Glenmorangie, Dalmore, Johny Walkers are ok, and Jack Daniels single barrel is pretty good. Jameson is also good.

I’d like to try some others, but these are the main decent whiskeys i have tried.

[quote]pushharder wrote:
I like all kinds of good Scotch and Irish stuff but right now I am enjoying a reasonably priced bottle of Evan Williams Single Barrel bourbon. It’s 10 years old.[/quote]

Try 18 year old Elijah Craig Push, it’s just so smooth.

I drink Springbank smaller distillery from where my grand parents grew up. Very spicy liquor. State side I seem to kill a bottle of Knob Creek or Woodford Reserve a month. I have had some bas experiences with Jameson, but with all the recs here I will have to give it another try.

[quote]Varqanir wrote:
FightinIrish26 wrote:
Only way to go.

Hell yeah.

Although I also appreciate Glenmorangie when I’m feeling all Highlandy and single-malty.

An Irish friend of mine in Japan is an amateur brewer. I used to go over to his beautiful house overlooking the Pacific for long evenings sampling his newest creations, and it would inevitably end with us getting monumentally trashed.

On one memorable occasion, we were joined by an attractive young Canadian woman, who could, quite admirably, keep pace with us in the drinking arena. In addition to the handmade stouts, porters and ales that evening, my Irish friend also had on hand a bottle of Jameson. He contented himself with the beer, and the young lady and I set to work on the bottle.

I’m somewhat embarrassed to admit that the two of us polished off that entire bottle, which was probably not a very healthy thing to do. It affected my judgement so completely that I declined the young lady’s invitation to accompany her home, preferring to walk the two and a half miles on the winding coast road to my own house.

The thing about this road is that there are no streetlights, and on this particular night (or morning, rather, for by then it was about 3 AM) there was no moon, so it was pretty damn dark.

It seemed to take an interminably long time to get there, and my eyes were closed most of the way. By the grace of some god (Bacchus, I’m guessing), I made it home without passing out, falling down a cliff into the ocean, or puking.

Good stuff, Jameson.[/quote]

HAhahah.

So magical shit happens to you when you’re hammered off Jameson too huh?

My legendary nights always involve it in some way…