Favorite Waterbury Routine

Hello,
I enjoy lifting 3 days a week and I have done one of Waterbury’s routines. The changing rep schemes keep me fresh and I look good as ever. What is your favorite routine?

I could use the same description for me. I recently started Total Body Training, and seeing results already.

TBT was my fav by far. I was able to hit all muscle groups 3 days a week, avoid over training and add muscle while dropping bf.

I have created a hybrid of the P-10 system that has be repoted about lately, I hope it has the results that TBT did.

If you’re looking for a 3-day a week program, than you can’t get any better than TBT. I did it a few months ago and experienced some great gains.

Keep the answers flowing. I’m always interested to hear how readers have responded to my programs.

[quote]Chad Waterbury wrote:
Keep the answers flowing. I’m always interested to hear how readers have responded to my programs.[/quote]

TBT all the way. Best program I’ve ever been on!I base all my personal programs around that style!

ABBH for sure

Saw the best results on AOW. I really like TBT however.

I loved TBT. Gained streangth and some size, but I got burned out at the end. I just finished week one of ABBH. Love it so far. I can already tell it’s gonna kick my ass.

On that…Today was 10x3 deads, I was pretty strong with the deads, but my grip was really starting to fail at the end. As I move to 4/5 reps would it be a good idea to utiliize wraps? I’d rather not, but I think my grip is going to hold me back.

And anouther question…On the 5x10 day of dips/pullups, I started to fail on the pullups (unweighted…I know it’s sad) on set 3(got 9) then set 4 and 5(got 5). I did 2’s or singles to get to 10. Is that a bad idea? What should I do about adding weight for next week? I can do weighted pullups for sets of 5 or so, but my pullup endurence has gone down lately even though it had been a strong point in the past. Any help would be appreciated.

Joe

AoW, I loved it, after seeing these responses, i may try TBT next

Big Boy Basics was a favorite. Good gains with that one.

[quote]Devil0351Dog wrote:
I loved TBT. Gained streangth and some size, but I got burned out at the end. I just finished week one of ABBH. Love it so far. I can already tell it’s gonna kick my ass.

On that…Today was 10x3 deads, I was pretty strong with the deads, but my grip was really starting to fail at the end. As I move to 4/5 reps would it be a good idea to utiliize wraps? I’d rather not, but I think my grip is going to hold me back.

And anouther question…On the 5x10 day of dips/pullups, I started to fail on the pullups (unweighted…I know it’s sad) on set 3(got 9) then set 4 and 5(got 5). I did 2’s or singles to get to 10. Is that a bad idea? What should I do about adding weight for next week? I can do weighted pullups for sets of 5 or so, but my pullup endurence has gone down lately even though it had been a strong point in the past. Any help would be appreciated.

Joe[/quote]

You could try adding some grip work as extra workouts or in your gym workouts. Ideally when you start doing more reps it will be strong enough. Instead of working around your weakness you’ll be fixing it.

One tip I read at elitefts was to do deads with a pronated grip until you can no longer hold the weight and then switch back to an over under grip. Pulling with a pronated girp is tough but it works wonders .

Also when you do pull ups you could hang a towel around the bar and do them holding the towel. Coach Davies has his atheletes use them a lot it will give you some variety on pull ups and help your grip at the same time.

I think your stategy on pullups sounds good. It is very common to just do enough sets to get the same reps. Being a girl I can only get 13 so it helps a lot. I have made some gaings with 8 or 10 sets on 3 on pullups. As long as you are paying close attention to what is and isn’t working and aren’t going to failure you should be okay.

Hope this helps

Waterbury Method by far…
I’ve done Singles Club and was ehhh about it. But I just hated 14 sets of squats! I wouldn’t mind trying it again when I’m not working.
I did either TBT or TTT (The one with the explosive day) and wasn’t too fond of the explosive strength training.

I tried TTT for a couple days and the bench/goodmornings in circuit style just would’nt work when I only have one rack unless I started my goodmornings at the bottom,and pull the bench in and out…

abbh has been great and I went through it several times…I know thats not good but hey…I like it and kept adding weight each time. I think I want to try TBT next.

mig

Thanks for the advice NIcole.

Joe

does Waterbury have any 2day split routines? afaik he doesnt… . the reason I ask is because I can only make the gym on monday and wednesday and have to train at home on sunday and thursday. …

either way Id probably have to alter it for the exercises I cant do from home. …

hybrid hypertrophy was so awesome to me

[quote]Gl;itch.e wrote:
does Waterbury have any 2day split routines? afaik he doesnt… . the reason I ask is because I can only make the gym on monday and wednesday and have to train at home on sunday and thursday. …

either way Id probably have to alter it for the exercises I cant do from home. …[/quote]

The Next Big 3 is a 2 day split routine.

ABBH and SFM worked best for me.

TBT is by far the greatest program concept I have tried. Hitting the same muscles multiple times a week has been great for me. Although I don’t follow the TBT program sets and reps specifically I do do total body 3 times a week, I just tweak it a little for what works best for me. My current program is below and it works great for me (an ectomorph with pretty fast recovery times)

Sets x Reps
Monday - 3 x 8
Incline DB Press
Nuetral Grip Cable Row
Upright Rows
Lunges
Dumbell Curl
Overhead Tri Extension
Weighted Swiss Ball Ab Crunch (3 x 20)

Wednesday - 5 x 3
Bench Press
Rack Pulls